Author Topic: Boehner: I'm most 'anti-establishment' Speaker in history  (Read 492 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boehner: I'm most 'anti-establishment' Speaker in history
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/228907-boehner-im-most-anti-establishment-speaker-in-history

By Scott Wong - 01/08/15 12:08 PM EST
After defeating a rebellion by 25 conservative Republicans this week, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Thursday declared himself “the most anti-establishment Speaker” in history.

“During my years here when I voted, I had the eighth-most conservative voting record in the Congress and it does pain me to be described as spineless or a squish,” Boehner told reporters. “But what pains me the most is when they describe me as the establishment.
“I’m the most anti-establishment Speaker we’ve ever had.

"Who was the guy who got rid of earmarks? Me. Who's the guy who believes in regular order? Me," Boehner continued. "Who believes in allowing more members to participate in the process, from both sides of the aisle? Me."

Boehner won his third term as Speaker on Tuesday, but with more defections from his own party than any Speaker in modern history. He chalked up the conservative opposition to widespread anger at Washington.

"The American people are very frustrated. They are frustrated in a struggling economy,” Boehner said. “This frustration that's out there, they need to take it out on somebody. They take it out on the president, they take it out on me. It comes with the territory.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Boehner: I'm most 'anti-establishment' Speaker in history
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »
“I’m the most anti-establishment Speaker we’ve ever had"

That is supposed to be some sort of accomplishment?  Being more than nothing doesn't take a lot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 07:09:23 pm »
 :silly: :silly:  Now I'm convinced that either Boehner is believing his own lies or is smokin' some whacky tobacky!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 08:33:50 pm »
:silly: :silly:  Now I'm convinced that either Boehner is believing his own lies or is smokin' some whacky tobacky!

Hey! Don't be bad-mouthing whacky tobacky! The guy's a well-known alchy.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:01:13 pm »
If you have to say you're not a whore "anti-establishment speaker" - you probably are.

:whistle:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!