Author Topic: Mia Love explains why she voted for John Boehner as House speaker  (Read 19385 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Mia Love explains why she voted for John Boehner as House speaker
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 05:33:52 pm »
There surely are enough congenital cowards to go around! That is for sure!

Yeah... that's it.

Have a good day.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2015, 05:46:14 pm »
There surely are enough congenital cowards to go around! That is for sure!
What is your take on Utah Sen. Mike Lee, and his appointment as an advisor/counsilor to leader McConnell?

Is he merely another sellout coward?

Just one of the problems with the name calling by the far right, is when their heroes devolve into ordinary, pragmatic guys and gals, and get started actually doing their work.

By current standards, Lee should now be branded a "RINO" just for speaking with civility, and working alongside McConnell.

My congressman comes from the Reagan era, and has never joined the Tea Party, although his voting record is superb. His staff have told me the firebrands of today are ineffective.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2015, 05:51:42 pm »
So your grandparents fled from a country where the only acceptable principles were espoused by a radical minority, and now you're here making the argument that those whose principles are not in concert with yours are unprincipled?

Do you even see the irony?

There is nothing "radical" about people who desire freedom from oppressive government and from its proponents. That is what the Tea Party represents.

The radicals are the ones in power in Washington, exclusive of (some) in Congress.

What is it that you find "radical" about a demand for fiscal probity and sound economics in public policy?

What is "radical" about a demand for an end to deficit finance and debt accumulation at a rate that will bankrupt our nation and stick our children and grandchildren with the bill?

What is "radical" about demanding that our President stop exceeding his constitutional authority, and that our elected representatives actually make an effort to hold him accountable?

As for "irony", I find it in spades today in the fact that the people our Republican establishment seems to hold most in contempt are the ones actually espousing Republican principles, and the base voters they actually represent.     
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2015, 05:54:40 pm »
What is your take on Utah Sen. Mike Lee, and his appointment as an advisor/counsilor to leader McConnell?

Is he merely another sellout coward?

Just one of the problems with the name calling by the far right, is when their heroes devolve into ordinary, pragmatic guys and gals, and get started actually doing their work.

By current standards, Lee should now be branded a "RINO" just for speaking with civility, and working alongside McConnell.

My congressman comes from the Reagan era, and has never joined the Tea Party, although his voting record is superb. His staff have told me the firebrands of today are ineffective.

Simple! My take is that Mitch McConnell is about three times as smart as John Boehner!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2015, 09:49:27 pm »
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.”
They are corrupt.
They have done abominable works.
There is none who does good.
The LORD looked down from heaven on the children of men,
to see if there were any who did understand,
who did seek after God.
They have all gone aside.
They have together become corrupt.
There is none who does good, no, not one.
Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
who eat up my people as they eat bread,
and don’t call on the LORD?

Psalms 14 and 53, or, an accurate description of both Congress and the voters who elect them
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:50:03 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2015, 10:42:12 pm »

There is nothing "radical" about people who desire freedom from oppressive government and from its proponents. That is what the Tea Party represents.

The radicals are the ones in power in Washington, exclusive of (some) in Congress.

What is it that you find "radical" about a demand for fiscal probity and sound economics in public policy?

What is "radical" about a demand for an end to deficit finance and debt accumulation at a rate that will bankrupt our nation and stick our children and grandchildren with the bill?

What is "radical" about demanding that our President stop exceeding his constitutional authority, and that our elected representatives actually make an effort to hold him accountable?

As for "irony", I find it in spades today in the fact that the people our Republican establishment seems to hold most in contempt are the ones actually espousing Republican principles, and the base voters they actually represent.     

Please take the time to read my posts before you respond. If you need me to, I'll type slower.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2015, 12:13:13 am »
....all right...enough with the rudeness....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2015, 12:19:35 am »
Please take the time to read my posts before you respond. If you need me to, I'll type slower.

Disagreement is not the product of incomprehension. And when it is offered in a civil manner, one has a right to expect better than flippant wisecracks.

Especially from a person one has reason to believe is in possession of a functioning cerebral cortex.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:25:20 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2015, 02:02:04 am »
Hmmm. I didn't know John Boehner was a king.

:facepalm2:  You not only missed the quotes around king...you also missed the whole point my post.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2015, 02:43:53 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

I think most of you missed the point.

For 200+ years there has NEVER been any party but the Dems and Reps in charge.  Every year our grand elected officials have nibbled away at the constitution, expanded federal powers, diminished states rights and eroded personal rights and responsibilities.  The GOPe (of which speaker cry baby is the "king") had absolute power for 6 years under Bush 2 and continued the status quo and gave us such notable crap as "no child left behind", DHS and more red ink.  And for the last 8 years the GOPe has never demonstrated that they have any intention to change.

Those brave"tea 25" as you affectionately refer to them, made a valiant attempt to stem the tide of corruption and abuse and for that I applaud them.

We have become a nation of sell-outs, keep your mouth shut or your loose your job, don't make waves.

The speakers position is a national position, not a state representative, and the person holding that position must be able to take the heat without acting like a child.  If Boehner can't take it then he needs to leave.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2015, 02:46:33 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

For 200+ years there has NEVER been any party but the Dems and Reps in charge.  Every year our grand elected officials have nibbled away at the constitution, expanded federal powers, diminished states rights and eroded personal rights and responsibilities.  The GOPe (of which speaker cry baby is the "king") had absolute power for 6 years under Bush 2 and continued the status quo and gave us such notable crap as "no child left behind", DHS and more red ink.  And for the last 8 years the GOPe has never demonstrated that they have any intention to change.

Those brave"tea 25" as you affectionately refer to them, made a valiant attempt to stem the tide of corruption and abuse and for that I applaud them.

We have become a nation of sell-outs, keep your mouth shut or your loose your job, don't make waves.

The speakers position is a national position, not a state representative, and the person holding that position must be able to take the heat without acting like a child.  If Boehner can't take it then he needs to leave.

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2015, 02:51:29 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

I am with both you and Andy, Ed!!

:patriot:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2015, 02:53:50 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

Well said...and I agree!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2015, 03:00:13 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

:beer:    :patriot:

I'm with you - Andy, Ed, Bigun, Katz and Myst!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline speekinout

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2015, 03:06:30 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

I'm going to be a dissenting voice in all of the responses you've had. First of all, our two main parties have not been the same for 200+ years. The GOP first began in 1854. It started because the Whigs disintegrated over the issue of slavery. They didn't all become GOPers.

And yes, the Speaker's position is a national position. That's why the speaker won't always be doing exactly what the Tea Party wants. The Tea Party is not a majority in the country. The Speaker has to find compromises between his party (the majority) and the minority party. In this case, he also has to find compromises between the two factions of his own party, and the minority party.

I do agree that both parties have been eroding our Constitution, and I want that changed. But so far, the only people who seem to want that are the establishment GOPers. The Tea Party seems to want gov't control; they just want different rules than the dims want.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2015, 03:06:58 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

For 200+ years there has NEVER been any party but the Dems and Reps in charge. 

Wow.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2015, 03:34:15 am »
Well, I'm with andy...

Power corrupts.

The TEA 25 were simply trying to seize power for themselves.

Let's not get caught up in the rhetoric. They're politicians, not the Justice League of America.

You guys' problem is that you continue to see politicians in government as the solution to the problems caused by politicians in government,.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2015, 03:39:45 am »
Disagreement is not the product of incomprehension. And when it is offered in a civil manner, one has a right to expect better than flippant wisecracks.

Especially from a person one has reason to believe is in possession of a functioning cerebral cortex.

There are no absolutes in life. Including the fact that there are no absolutes in life.

While disagreement may not be the product of incomprehension all the time, it very often is.

If I find myself having to make my point a second or a third time, I figure that the conversation will be both frustrating and futile.

My response consisted of two sentences, neither of which equated the TEA Party nor freedom-loving people to radical minorities, yet that's what you responded to. I won't defend a point that I never made.

Good night.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2015, 03:43:55 am »
speekinout wrote above:
[[ The GOP first began in 1854. It started because the Whigs disintegrated over the issue of slavery. They didn't all become GOPers.  ]]

Hmmmm...

Could the GOP eventually disintegrate like the Whigs before it, because the party could not or would not confront and oppose "the new slavery" being created by the democratic-regulatory complex?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2015, 05:54:35 am »
speekinout wrote above:
[[ The GOP first began in 1854. It started because the Whigs disintegrated over the issue of slavery. They didn't all become GOPers.  ]]

Hmmmm...

Could the GOP eventually disintegrate like the Whigs before it, because the party could not or would not confront and oppose "the new slavery" being created by the democratic-regulatory complex?
Looking at facts, the GOP has increased their numbers to now hold majorities in both legislative chambers at the federal level, plus expanding state control significantly in recent years.

That doesn't even come close to disintegrating. Many (perhaps most) of those recently elected members are solid conservatives.

The next two years are crucial to see if they take actions and positions which voters approve of.

The Tea Party peaked in 2010, but has since lost approval. They did poorly in 2014 midterms, in part due to poorly vetted candidates.

The Tea Party needs the GOPe because on their own they represent only a minority of the total GOP.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2015, 06:35:04 am »
Looking at facts, the GOP has increased their numbers to now hold majorities in both legislative chambers at the federal level, plus expanding state control significantly in recent years.

That doesn't even come close to disintegrating. Many (perhaps most) of those recently elected members are solid conservatives.

The next two years are crucial to see if they take actions and positions which voters approve of.

The Tea Party peaked in 2010, but has since lost approval. They did poorly in 2014 midterms, in part due to poorly vetted candidates.

The Tea Party needs the GOPe because on their own they represent only a minority of the total GOP.

You're a breath of fresh air.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2015, 01:08:43 pm »

The Tea Party lost support because all of those "conservatives" that are on the federal teat realized they were going to have to give up their freebees, gentlemen farmers with their subsidies, business freebees, so we returned to the status quo, don't take my stuff....

At some point the anti-constitutionalists from both parties are going to come after your stuff, then what are you going to do?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2015, 01:50:11 pm »
Power corrupts.

The TEA 25 were simply trying to seize power for themselves.

Let's not get caught up in the rhetoric. They're politicians, not the Justice League of America.

You guys' problem is that you continue to see politicians in government as the solution to the problems caused by politicians in government,.

The "Justice League of America".   :silly:  You have GOT to stop, laughing makes my scar hurt.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »
We are not amused.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2015, 02:42:43 pm »
It's interesting to see how some alleged Republicans are in lockstep with the DNC when it comes to their view of tea party Americans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org