Author Topic: Which state has more food stamp recipients than college students  (Read 533 times)

rangerrebew

Jan

Which state has more food stamp recipients than college students

I’m not sure which is the good news in learning that there are more welfare recipients than college students, given the state of wackademia.

Since most degrees are worthless, and a crazy number of college kids have no jobs and are living at home, or worse, I’m not surprised to learn that there are more food stamp recipients than college students in Michiganistad.

In today’s academic environment, Liberals have created a university-to-welfare program.

Michigan, which announced on Friday plans to begin drug testing some welfare recipients, currently has 1,679,421 individuals on food stamps (known officially as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP), according to the U.S. Agriculture Department. According to the Michigan Department of Education, the state’s total pupil count for K-12 is 1,564,114.

Michigan’s food stamp program has struggled to combat fraud and abuse. As recently as last week, for example, three brothers pleaded guilty for their roles in a food stamp fraud scheme at the Middle Eastern Market in Grand Rapids, Michigan, that cost taxpayers $1,278,700.

This year, Michigan’s food stamp program cost taxpayers $2,576,165,148.

Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2015/01/more-food-stamp-recipients-college-students/

Oceander

Re: Which state has more food stamp recipients than college students
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:21 pm »
According to the Michigan Department of Education, the state’s total pupil count for K-12 is 1,564,114.

I don't think those kids count as "college students."

Offline musiclady

Re: Which state has more food stamp recipients than college students
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 12:22:15 am »
I don't think those kids count as "college students."

LOL!  Good catch.

Guess the writer isn't in education, so doesn't know what K-12 means.    :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.