Author Topic: Rand Paul: GOP Senate Will 'Vote, Vote, Vote'  (Read 559 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: GOP Senate Will 'Vote, Vote, Vote'
« on: January 06, 2015, 03:08:44 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=616596

Newsmax
Rand Paul: GOP Senate Will 'Vote, Vote, Vote'
Monday, January 5, 2015 08:24 PM

By: Greg Richter

There will be one noticeable difference when Republicans take over the Senate on Tuesday, says Sen. Rand Paul: there will be votes.

Republicans have complained that outgoing Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, refused to allow votes — even from members of his own party — if the legislation was something President Barack Obama didn't want to sign.

With the GOP in control of both houses, that will change, Paul said.

"Part of it is to let the other party have votes," the Kentucky Republican said Monday on Fox News Channel's "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."

"The last several years, Harry Reid said no Republican amendments. It is my way or the highway," he said.

Incoming Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will let Republicans and Democrats have votes on their bills, Paul said. "We will vote, vote, vote, and pass legislation."

Some of those votes will be to repeal all or parts of Obamacare, Paul said, because that's the only way to figure out where to compromise.

"I think by putting bills forward, you will find out what the president will veto and won't and what the middle ground is," he said.

Van Susteren asked what the Republican alternative to Obamcare might be.

"We could try freedom for a while," Paul said. "We had it for a long time, where you sell something and I agree to buy it because I like it. That is how we operate in most of the marketplace other than healthcare."

Paul said he also will introduce a bill to stop U.S. support of $440 million for the Palestinian Authority. The PA has said it wants to join the International Criminal Court and investigate Israeli soldiers for alleged war crimes.

"Well, that hardly seems to be a good idea to give the American taxpayer money to a country or entity that is now saying an ally of ours, that their soldiers need to be investigated for war crimes," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Rand Paul: GOP Senate Will 'Vote, Vote, Vote'
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:12:44 am »
[[ Rand Paul: GOP Senate Will 'Vote, Vote, Vote' ]]

Rand, what good are votes, votes, votes, against vetoes, vetoes, vetoes ??

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:35:02 am »
[[ Rand Paul: GOP Senate Will 'Vote, Vote, Vote' ]]

Rand, what good are votes, votes, votes, against vetoes, vetoes, vetoes ??

You don't think America will notice the votes (voices of the people) that are continually vetoed?  GOP 2016. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:48:10 am »
You don't think America will notice the votes (voices of the people) that are continually vetoed?  GOP 2016.

If there was a reasonably unbiased media you would have a great point. As it is, getting the vetos noticed is going to be a huge uphill battle. Still worth it though, in my book. It'll not change the minds of the Dem base - nothing will - but there are a hell of a lot of middle ground people who only pay attention to politics if it's a week before an election, there is a juicy scandal, or if their own ox is being gored.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink