Author Topic: Obama Family Skips Church On Christmas  (Read 1498 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Family Skips Church On Christmas
« on: December 26, 2014, 03:42:58 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/26/obama-family-skips-church-on-christmas/

by Charlie Spiering26 Dec 201418

President Obama and his family skipped church on Christmas, choosing instead to spend the afternoon at the beach at the Bellows Air Force Station in Hawaii.

That’s not unusual for the president. He has only attended church on Christmas once since he took office, in 2011 when he attended Christmas Day services at the base chapel of the Marine Corps Base in Hawaii.

Politico’s Jennifer Epstein explores Obama’s Christian faith in the twilight years of his presidency, featuring comments from his private spiritual advisers.

“The president’s faith has deepened in the second term; he’s said as much,” insists Joshua DuBois, a Pentecostal minister who serves as a spiritual adviser to the president.

DuBois reminds critics that Obama reads Scripture every day on his Blackberry.

“Reading scripture every day yields a certain amount of personal growth, and he’s done this every day for years,” he said.

According to the article, Obama has only spent 6 percent of his presidency’s Sundays in church, while George W. Bush went to church nearly 30 percent of the time.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Obama Family Skips Church On Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »
Wow finally a photo of him and the girls looking happy.

Offline raml

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »
Why would he go to church he is a Muslim not a Christian. He has never been a christian which are known by their deeds or actions not by their claims to be one.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 05:22:38 pm »
“The president’s faith has deepened in the second term; he’s said as much,” insists Joshua DuBois, a Pentecostal minister who serves as a spiritual adviser to the president.

DuBois reminds critics that Obama reads Scripture every day on his Blackberry.
Faith in what? When Zero told the gullible Mr. DuBois he was reading "Scripture," perhaps he was referring to the Quran.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 09:35:09 pm »
Not a big deal to me.. I haven't gone to Church in a long time.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 11:57:47 pm »

Yeah, dittos.  I have lots of things to criticize him over, but being a hypocrite in a pew isn't one of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 12:00:39 am »
FTA:

*please* 8bs8 88finger point :mauslaff: :happyhappy: :banghead:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:02:07 am »
I did not go to church, either.  So who am I to judge.  I think it is illustrative of the fact that OPapaDoc sees no reason to make concessions to the "yahoos in fly-over country" now that he faces no more elections.  That's about the only conclusion I draw from it. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 12:03:14 am »
Yeah, dittos.  I have lots of things to criticize him over, but being a hypocrite in a pew isn't one of them.

Quite frankly, I hate it when Presidents (regardless of party) goes to Church every time whenever they are in trouble (like Bill Clinton). 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 12:03:49 am »
You're not the president, broadcasting just how really, really deep your Christian faith is.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 12:04:25 am »
I did not go to church, either.  So who am I to judge.  I think it is illustrative of the fact that OPapaDoc sees no reason to make concessions to the "yahoos in fly-over country" now that he faces no more elections.  That's about the only conclusion I draw from it.

Same here.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 12:05:13 am »
You're not the president, broadcasting just how really, really deep your Christian faith is.

True, but I really think that Obama is really agnostic..

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 02:27:52 am »

Same, generally speaking.

Offline xyno

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 02:39:06 am »
Wow finally a photo of him and the girls looking happy.

The ladies all have the sleeveless look going for them, don't they?

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 06:53:47 am »

Nor have I, but then again, I don't claim to be a practicing Christian.  My wife and I do celebrate Christmas with our daughters, and I take my 4th-grader (youngest) to various denominational churches when she gets curious, though.  I know there is something out there bigger than us.  I lack the faith gene, though, but it's getting more difficult for me to dismiss a higher power.  What that is, I have no idea, but I grew up an altar boy in the Catholic church, and the priests I knew were all great men who didn't try to rape me or anybody I knew.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 10:51:19 am »
Many, if not most, protestant churches hold services on Christmas eve, rather than Christmas day. Ours did.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 12:07:43 pm »
I know of some place where it's important for the leader to be seen leaving a house of worship.  We call it "Iran".
Can I get an

:amen:

?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 12:08:07 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 02:52:25 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 03:04:51 pm »
Many, if not most, protestant churches hold services on Christmas eve, rather than Christmas day. Ours did.

Our church only holds Christmas Eve service, but thats also my Mother In Laws Birthday and we always go out to a nice dinner on Christmas Eve to celebrate it, and never return in time to attend service.  Personally, I would rather go to the service.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn