Author Topic: 6 Reasons Jeb Bush Will Make a Great President (please don't barf up your Christmas dinner)  (Read 5958 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Yes, and neither you nor your wife will ever be classified as anything BUT Americans. On the other side of the coin are my brother and sister-in-law, both born here, yet my nieces are classified as Hispanic, WHICH IS A CULTURAL AND LINGUISTIC CLASSIFICATION.

My children and my nieces have retained about as much of a Hispanic cultural identity as you and your wife, yet they are tied to a cultural identity different than yours.

Actually, the only classification I see about me is "white".  Other ethnicities and races always seem to have "-American" after their "descriptors".  I don't resent it, but it's a tad irritating.  I've read about African-Americans, Chinese-Americans, Mexican-Americans, and yes, Cuban-Americans.  There are associations of groups with these hyphenated names.  Well, except for white-Americans or European-Americans.  Such hyphenations are immediately perceived as racist.  I guess where you sit is where you stand.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Actually, the only classification I see about me is "white".  Other ethnicities and races always seem to have "-American" after their "descriptors".  I don't resent it, but it's a tad irritating.  I've read about African-Americans, Chinese-Americans, Mexican-Americans, and yes, Cuban-Americans.  There are associations of groups with these hyphenated names.  Well, except for white-Americans or European-Americans.  Such hyphenations are immediately perceived as racist.  I guess where you sit is where you stand.

I'm white.

At least I was born white. That's what it says on my birth certificate.

All my antecedents were white when they left Northern Spain. Spain is part of mainland Europe. When they got to Cuba, they were still white.

I was certainly white when I left Cuba, but something apparently happened in the flight over and when I landed here, I was no longer white. I was in nowhere land.

Then in 1973 Nixon invented Hispanics and VOILA! I was Hispanic. I belonged to an ethnic group that didn't exist when I was born.

It was quite a revelation.

That lasted until a little over two years ago.

That's when George Zimmerman was declared a White Hispanic by the media after shooting Trayvon Martin and suddenly I thought "HEY! I'VE BEEN PROMOTED!"

I'M BACK! 

So I'm white again.

It's been quite a ride.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:04:42 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline MACVSOG68

I'm white.

At least I was born white. That's what it says on my birth certificate.

All my antecedents were white when they left Northern Spain. Spain is part of mainland Europe. When they got to Cuba, they were still white.

I was certainly white when I left Cuba, but something apparently happened in the flight over and when I landed here, I was no longer white. I was in nowhere land.

Then in 1973 Nixon invented Hispanics and VOILA! I was Hispanic. I belonged to an ethnic group that didn't exist when I was born.

It was quite a revelation.

That lasted until a little over two years ago.

That's when George Zimmerman was declared a White Hispanic by the media after shooting Trayvon Martin and suddenly I thought "HEY! I'VE BEEN PROMOTED!"

I'M BACK! 

So I'm white again.

It's been quite a ride.

Well there you go.  You get an extra category.  I'm jealous!  Actually my three boys are half-Filipino.  They're classified as white too.  But we're all classified in numerous ways, ethnicity, race, gender, religious, economic and other characteristics.  And now of course, sexual preference.  And with each, depending on who's viewing the classification you're either a superstar or a pariah.  Go figure.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Jeb Bush governed Florida as a Conservative Republican.

During his tenure as Governor, Jeb Bush reduced taxes by $19 billion, reduced the size of state government by 6.6% and vetoed $2 billion in new spending.

He is pro-life and pro Second Amendment.

He fought his own party on placing caps on non-economic damages stemming from medical lawsuits. and won by sticking to his guns and forcing the legislature back into sessions until they acquiesced.

He championed and signed Terri's Law, keeping Terri Schiavo on life support while the case worked his way through the courts.

The pro-life advocacy group "Choose Life" had petitioned Lawton Chiles for a specialty license tag, a petition denied by Chiles. Bush saw the application pass both Houses and signed into law in 1999.

Now, he's labeled a moderate by Conservatives.

I am reminded of Ronald Reagan's first term as Governor of California. Conservatives called the now icon of Conservatism a Moderate.

Jeb Bush is no Moderate, but he won't satisfy Conservatives.

No one alive will satisfy Conservatives.

Even Ted Cruz will eventually fail to meet the purity standard of American conservatives.

I'm a long, long way from pitching any support to Jeb, but if you like him, he gets a serious look from me when the time is ripe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I'm a long, long way from pitching any support to Jeb, but if you like him, he gets a serious look from me when the time is ripe.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

It's not so much that I like him, but rather that I don't dislike him, and that I think he's  far better choice than the Huckabee, Santorum, POrtman, Perry, Cruz et al.

I'm baffled by the people that write him off as a moderate, when he ran and governed as a conservative Republican as Florida governor.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If being pro-amnesty is necessary for the achievement of the Hispanic vote, perhaps you can explain how Greg Abbott managed to capture 40 percent of Hispanics in the Texas governor's race.
Because amnesty is a federal issue over which the states have little, if any, say. The Democrats know that. Hence why they don't vote in midterms and state elections, because their plan is to override the states with the federal government.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024