Author Topic: Gunman who ambushed NY police also injured USAF reservist  (Read 523 times)

rangerrebew

Gunman who ambushed NY police also injured USAF reservist
« on: December 23, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »
Gunman who ambushed NY police also injured USAF reservist

By Brian Everstine, Staff writer 2:58 p.m. EST December 22, 2014

The woman reportedly shot and injured by the man who ambushed two New York police officers has been identified as Air Force Reservist Staff Sgt. Shaneka Thompson.

Thompson, 29, a resident of Towson, Maryland, serves as a medical administrator with the 440th Airlift Wing out of Pope Field, North Carolina, according to that wing's public affairs.

Thompson's ex-boyfriend, Ismaiiyl Brinsley, allegedly shot and injured her Saturday before driving to New York and ambushing two police officers in a squad car, killing them. Brinsley then shot and killed himself at a New York City subway station.

Thompson's neighbor, Yevette Seay, told The Associated Press Sunday that after she was shot, Thompson banged on the neighbor's door, saying "I can't die like this, please please help me." The neighbor called 911.

"I could hear something going on and it wasn't pleasant," Seay told AP. "Then I heard some screaming, then she went out onto her balcony and screamed for help."

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/crime/2014/12/22/air-force-reservist-nypd-killer-victim/20761785/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:46:01 pm by rangerrebew »