Author Topic: NY police told not to make arrests unless absolutely necessary and 'avoid people looking for confrontation': Cops across U.S. are put on high alert after NYPD murders  (Read 758 times)

Offline flowers

NY police told not to make arrests unless absolutely necessary and 'avoid people looking for confrontation': Cops across U.S. are put on high alert after NYPD murders

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2883245/Police-departments-alert-cop-killings.html

Police departments across the U.S. are warning officers to wear bulletproof vests, not to patrol alone and to avoid making arrests 'unless absolutely necessary' after two NYPD cops were shot dead inside their patrol car this weekend.

The slayings of Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu on Saturday afternoon in Brooklyn heightened fears about the safety of law enforcement officials nationwide, though there is no evidence any threats are imminent.

The gunman, 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley, had vowed in an Instagram post to put 'wings on pigs' as retaliation for the recent slayings of black men at the hands of white police.

Brinsley was black; the slain New York Police Department officers were Hispanic and Asian.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Our large cities are about to become like "Escape from New York". 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Our large cities are about to become like "Escape from New York".
yes they are, just like the White House wants them to be. They need this chaos. It will be like that for many years if they continue at this rate.

Offline GourmetDan

They need this chaos.

Yes they do.  They need a reason to impose martial law and increase gov't control over the peeps.

Creating that reason is the quickest way to get there...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
yes they are, just like the White House wants them to be. They need this chaos. It will be like that for many years if they continue at this rate.

It's going to take a long time to come back from this - if we ever can.

8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Yes they do.  They need a reason to impose martial law and increase gov't control over the peeps.

Creating that reason is the quickest way to get there...
I never thought that was a goal, but nowadays I wonder.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I never thought that was a goal, but nowadays I wonder.

From the governments perspective things are better when they have more control. They will not stop trying to get more control, and will constantly come up with new ways to try to do so. It's up to us to spot it and prevent it from happening, but so far we are failing. Two officers being murdered is a tragedy, but officers die all the time; it's part of the job and it is a risk they all know they are taking. They are going to look to use things like this to militarize the police more. Their justification will be the protection of law enforcement.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates