Author Topic: Mummified corpse of nurse discovered after 7 years  (Read 471 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Mummified corpse of nurse discovered after 7 years
« on: December 21, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »
A neonatal nurse who was being investigated for inappropriate conduct towards a child lay dead in her home for seven years before being discovered, an inquest has heard.

The mummified corpse of 58-year-old Anne Leitrim was discovered at her Bournemouth flat in June by bailiffs, who were visiting the property as a result of Ms Leitrim’s unpaid mortgage.

When bailiffs entered the property, they discovered that a waist-high pile of post had built up in the hallway of the flat, with neighbours under the impression that Ms Leitrim had relocated.

Bournemouth Coroner’s Court, who returned an open verdict on her death, heard how she faced a final warning at Homerton University Hospital, East London, after a disciplinary hearing on 6 June 2007.

A possible suicide note was discovered near her badly decomposed body, which read: ‘My doctors has [sic] done anything wrong. I love my babies. Goodbye Janet’.

The inquest was also unable to determine a cause of death, as the mummified state of the body deemed toxicology tests impossible, but her GP has said that he last saw her in June 2007, when she was suffering from high levels of anxiety.

Katherine Clarke, Ms Leitrim’s sister has said that the family lost contact with her 20 years ago, although the reasons for this unknown.

Read more: http://uk.thetruth24.com/article/37287/mummified-corpse-of-nurse-discovered-after-7-years
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

Re: Mummified corpse of nurse discovered after 7 years
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:35:43 pm »
Eleanor Rigby......

Ah.... look at all the lonely people.

Where were her family and friends for 7 years??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 11:40:19 pm »
Eleanor Rigby......

Ah.... look at all the lonely people.

Where were her family and friends for 7 years??

Probably didn't have any.

Sadly this is an all too common ending to a life (not being found for years), and one I fully expect for myself.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:58:33 am »
They only went to check on her unpaid mortgage after she'd been dead - and the mortgage unpaid - for 7 years?!