Author Topic: Obama's job approval numbers tick upward  (Read 1013 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama's job approval numbers tick upward
« on: December 21, 2014, 08:12:53 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/227823-obamas-job-approval-numbers-tick-upward

December 21, 2014, 02:40 pm
Obama's job approval numbers tick upward
By Justin Sink

President Obama’s job approval rating has inched up to 47 percent, according to a survey released Sunday by Gallup, the best showing for the president in more than seven months.

Obama still remains underwater, with 49 percent of Americans disapproving of his job as president. But Sunday marked the first time since June fewer a than half of respondents reported dissatisfaction with the way the president was handling his job.
The survey suggests Obama has been bolstered by his recent executive actions on immigration and Cuba policy, as well as a willingness and ability to corral some congressional Democrats into supporting a $1.1 trillion government funding bill. The White House has also spent recent weeks touting wage and job growth, as well as a substantial decline in oil prices.

At a press conference before departing to Hawaii for his annual holiday vacation, Obama argued it has been a “breakthrough year” for the country.

“Take any metric that you want, America's resurgence is real. We are better off,” he said.

But Obama has repeatedly seen signs of momentum in recent months stalled by intervening and unexpected events, from Russia’s incursions into Ukraine to the rise of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria to the Ebola crisis. And the sunny polling data does not account for the opinions of the president in the aftermath of Saturday’s shooting of two New York City police officers.

Some Republican critics have criticized the president in the aftermath of the shooting for comments critical of police tactics following grand jury decisions this summer not to indict police officers who killed unarmed black men during attempted arrests.

“It’s really time for our national leaders, the president, it’s time for the mayor of New York, and really for many in the media to stop the cop bashing, to stop this anti-police rhetoric,” Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) told Fox News on Sunday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Obama's job approval numbers tick upward
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 08:46:06 pm »
Ted, Reagan would be a mainstream Republican today by your standards.

And if moderates can't get elected then explain Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Bush I and Bush II.

Then name all the other  post 1932 "conservatives" that got elected.

The entire argument focuses solely on Reagan, who served 8 years as Governor of our largest state, and ran 3 times for the GOP nomination.

Contrast that with first term Senators with zero track records. If we are looking for solid conservative, with a chance to win, I hope we are wise enough to look beyond first term Senators, for proven Governors.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 10:29:50 pm »
This is disappointing.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:44:34 pm »
This is disappointing.

The GOP will really have to lay down in the face of this development.

All of those non-voters are really making their power felt...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 03:47:41 pm »
Yeah I believe this as much as the unemployment numbers.  :smokin:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 03:57:41 pm »
The GOP will really have to lay down in the face of this development.

All of those non-voters are really making their power felt...

That's the whole purpose of this "poll".  Why people still take these things seriously is a great mystery to me.  They probably conducted this "poll" at Harvard. 

DUH!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 04:09:22 pm »
That's the whole purpose of this "poll".  Why people still take these things seriously is a great mystery to me.  They probably conducted this "poll" at Harvard. 

Absolutely everything in media is manipulated to produce a desired response and advance a certain agenda.

The only thing that amazes me is how slowly the agenda advances in the face of such a concerted effort...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 04:35:31 pm »

The only thing that amazes me is how slowly the agenda advances in the face of such a concerted effort...
I think it is about to go into warp speed when bammy comes back from Hawaii.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 04:37:57 pm »
I think it is about to go into warp speed when bammy comes back from Hawaii.

Yep.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 05:20:17 pm »
Ted, Reagan would be a mainstream Republican today by your standards.

And if moderates can't get elected then explain Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Bush I and Bush II.

Then name all the other  post 1932 "conservatives" that got elected.

The entire argument focuses solely on Reagan, who served 8 years as Governor of our largest state, and ran 3 times for the GOP nomination.

Contrast that with first term Senators with zero track records. If we are looking for solid conservative, with a chance to win, I hope we are wise enough to look beyond first term Senators, for proven Governors.
Where was anyone named Ted (I take it you mean Cruz) mentioned anywhere in this article?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline collins

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »
whoop-de-doo, 1500 "adults" think so. I can see The Shill is still trying to help their messiah, but it's just too late.

He's on vacation again, maybe an out-of-sight-out-of-mind element is here.