Author Topic: Obama condemns NYPD killings, calls for 'patient dialogue'  (Read 797 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama condemns NYPD killings, calls for 'patient dialogue'
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:13:56 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/227799-obama-condemns-nypd-killings-calls-for-patient-dialogue

By Justin Sink - 12/21/14 12:42 AM EST

President Obama called for “patient dialogue” in a statement Saturday night “unconditionally” condemning the shooting deaths of two New York City police officers.

“Two brave men won't be going home to their loved ones tonight, and for that, there is no justification,” the president, vacationing in Hawaii, said in a statement. “The officers who serve and protect our communities risk their own safety for ours every single day - and they deserve our respect and gratitude every single day.”

Obama went on to ask for a rejection of “violence and words that harm,” and said people should instead “turn to words that heal - prayer, patient dialogue, and sympathy for the friends and family of the fallen.”

Earlier in the day, a White House official told reporters while the president was golfing that he had been briefed on the incident, and that aides were continuing to monitor the situation.

And both Attorney General Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch — the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York who has been nominated by Obama to replace Holder — pledged all available federal resources to investigate the killings.

“I was shocked and deeply saddened to hear of this afternoon’s brutal and senseless attack on two NYPD Officers, and I join Attorney General Holder in expressing my deepest condolences to the families of these fallen heroes,” Lynch said in a statement.

New York City police commissioner William Bratton said Saturday that the two officers, Wenjin Liu and Raphael Ramos, were shot without warning while sitting in their police cruiser. The suspect, 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley, then ran to a nearby subway station and fatally shot himself.

Bratton said Brinsley had shot his ex-girlfriend earlier Saturday in Baltimore, and posted messages to his social media accounts “which were very anti-police.”

A series of pictures posted by the New York Post and other media outlets purportedly show posts to Brinkley’s Instagram account referencing Michael Brown and Eric Garner, two unarmed black men recently killed in confrontations with white police officers. In both cases, grand juries declined to bring charges.

Those decisions sparked a series of nationwide protests, and calls from President Obama to improve relations between police and the communities they serve. Last week, Obama signed an executive order creating a task force designed to consider that issue.

But some critics — including former New York Gov. George Pataki, a Republican — said the shooting was the result of Democratic politicians embracing criticism of police tactics.

George E. Pataki        ✔ @GovernorPataki
Follow

Sickened by these barbaric acts, which sadly are a predictable outcome of divisive anti-cop rhetoric of #ericholder & #mayordeblasio. #NYPD
8:17 PM - 20 Dec 2014

Holder, for his part, used his statement in the aftermath of the shooting to again call for improving relations.

"Our nation must always honor the valor — and the sacrifices — of all law enforcement officers with a steadfast commitment to keeping them safe,” he said. “This means forging closer bonds between officers and the communities they serve, so that public safety is not a cause that is served by a courageous few, but a promise that's fulfilled by police officials and citizens working side by side."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Obama condemns NYPD killings, calls for 'patient dialogue'
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 02:29:02 pm »
I'm going to try to dial back some of my rage right now:

Obama - you G#$  D&^%%^%  M@&$#& - F(^&$#@  P$%#@ of S$%&  LIAR!

:peeonobama: :peeonobama: :peeonobama: :peeonobama:

I wish I could say I feel better now, but I don't.''
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 02:52:50 pm »
With whom does our illustrious President suggest "patient dialogue"?

Radicalized, gang-affiliated cop killers?

Or just those who made the mistake of actually believing the President's (and his Attorney General's) own wink-and-nod approval of their violent anti-police sentiment?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:15:01 pm »
Too little, too late.

It'd be nice if he'd accept responsibility for his role in the affair.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 04:52:32 pm »
These are the fruits being harvested, sown in the late 60's and 70's.  The whole skidmarked underwear collection of antiEstablishment, pseudo-Intellectual, wannabes.  This cop-killing mentality is nothing new to anyone who has read a newspaper in the last half century.
What will happen, again, is the non-criminal/non-cop class crushed and ground between the two sides because if you ain't one, you obviously must be the other.  Welcome to the new world fellow citizens.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 05:26:51 pm »
It is Obama's and de Blasio's voters, their clients, that are calling, loudly in the streets, for dead cops...and "Holder's people" who now are killing them.  It is "their people" on the Internet doing verbal "touchdown dances" in the aftermath, celebrating like the braying Palestinian donkeys after 9/11.  Patient dialogue?  Were they preaching "patient dialogue" after that 300 lb. Piece-of-s**t Michael Brown was killed while he himself was trying to kill a cop? 

I don't want to even be a citizen of the same country as these fascist tyrants that hold high office in this land.  You can see the kind of country these demagogues will create. Welcome to Nigeria.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:27:38 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 06:26:53 pm »

:amen:  Scott!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mountaineer