Author Topic: A NATION AT WAR WITH ITSELF, CRYING OUT FOR LEADERSHIP  (Read 874 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A NATION AT WAR WITH ITSELF, CRYING OUT FOR LEADERSHIP
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:28:05 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/21/a-nation-at-war-with-itself-crying-out-for-leadership/

by JOEL B. POLLAK21 Dec 20140

Six years ago, Americans elected Barack Obama the first black President of the United States. It was a sign–not that racism had disappeared from our country, but that race was no longer an impediment to the highest possible achievement. Obama had a chance to use his presidency to affirm that progress–to show that the values and institutions that Americans embraced were indeed universal, to show that our national motto, E pluribus unum (“From many, one”), was a living foundation.

It was America’s great misfortune that Obama was a liberal–no, radical–Democrat, one steeped in the deep resentments of radical politics, who had embraced the conviction that the Constitution itself was fatally flawed by race and property rights. Though his own mixed-race, immigrant origins and privileged upbringing militated against the hackneyed notion that “the system” was inherently unfair, Obama chose a life as a community organizer devoted to bringing down society’s institutions.

Underneath it all, perhaps, Obama remained something of an elitist, prep-school sensibility: the incessant golf games with rich bankers; the endless socializing with Hollywood celebrities; the basic inattention to a humdrum daily work routine. His inability to take responsibility for his own policies was part a deft strategy to deflect criticism, and part a severe character flaw. Yet the Obama in office was no different, ideologically, than the Obama who had agitated in Chicago’s housing projects.

That became apparent early in the Obama presidency, when Obama waded into a local dispute between a Harvard academic and a police officer in Cambridge, Massachusetts who had arrested him for disorderly conduct. The professor saw the event as a symbol of race relations in America, even beyond the supposedly transformative event of Obama’s election. And Obama waded in from on high: the Cambridge police had “acted stupidly,” he said at a White House press conference in July 2009.

It was only the first of several interventions by Obama into sensational local crime and justice cases. The most momentous of these was the Trayvon Martin case in 2012, where Obama endorsed the idea that Martin had been targeted because of his race. The Martin case had the political benefit of inflaming the black electorate in a critical election year when little economic progress had reached the community and Obama’s own Chicago was reeling from a violent crime wave that he had ignored.

Obama won re-election by attacking his opponent, the patrician Mitt Romney, rather than by touting his own achievements. Drafting off the Occupy Wall Street movement and its themes of class warfare, Obama attacked Romney’s wealth and made up stories out of whole cloth, such as that he had caused the death of a worker’s wife. Micro-targeting, a divide-and-rule tactic pioneered by Karl Rove in George W. Bush’s re-election effort, was honed to new precision by Obama’s data analysts.

And so Obama returned to office, convinced that he had broken the “fever” of Republican opposition, which he mistook for racism. He emulated the late Harold Washington, the first black mayor of Chicago, who used executive power to circumvent city council opponents. But unlike Washington, Obama rejected incremental change. Unlike Washington, Obama did not cultivate new allies–he preferred to act on his own. And unlike Washington, Obama was prepared to divide the public to win.

Thus a man who came to national prominence in 2004 proclaiming, “There’s not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there’s the United States of America,” now plays golf in Hawaii while a black murderer executes a Latino and an Asian police officer in New York. A revenge attack, where police had been heroes in the wake of 9/11, in a controversy racialized by the president and his allies.

And a suddenly divided nation cries out for leadership.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: A NATION AT WAR WITH ITSELF, CRYING OUT FOR LEADERSHIP
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 02:38:08 pm »
I shudder to think what it will take to unify our country again.  9/11 did so briefly.  A catastrophe beyond our imagination?  An alien invasion?  Something so much bigger than us that causes us to have to rely on each other to survive?  Or, just an all out civil war?  No matter what the solution will be, there will be many many people dying before it's over.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »
I shudder to think what it will take to unify our country again.  9/11 did so briefly.  A catastrophe beyond our imagination?  An alien invasion?  Something so much bigger than us that causes us to have to rely on each other to survive?  Or, just an all out civil war?  No matter what the solution will be, there will be many many people dying before it's over.

Sadly, what you suggest is no longer beyond the realm of serious possibility.

I still believe we will stop ourselves short of catastrophe, but not by much.

But yes, the forces of reason and ordered liberty require leadership, the nature of which seems unlikely to emerge from the Democrats, who are now fully committed to ruling and controlling us, nor even from mainstream Republicans, who seek merely to manage us more efficiently.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:35:01 pm »
by JOEL B. POLLAK21 Dec 20140

The right is starting to hit its stride as cutting-edge journalists. Damn good writing.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:36:19 pm »
I shudder to think what it will take to unify our country again.

Never going to happen again.  The leftists will not allow it, and there are too many of them, along with those societal parasites entirely reliant upon them, for there ever to be unity again.  To the contrary, the only thing in our future is greater and greater division and separation.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »
Oh, our country will be unified, not with a bang, but with a whimper.

The dependent class will breed much faster than the wealthier and self-reliant classes, to the point where the latter two will die off and our nation will become one of takers. It won't be America as we know it, but it will be unified. The opposition will be silenced.

I may see it in my lifetime; that's the sad part.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:20:32 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 08:18:53 pm »

The dependent class will breed much faster than the wealthier and self-reliant classes, to the point where the latter two will die off and our nation will become one of takers. It won't be America as we know it, but it will be unified. The opposition will be silenced.

I see what you see, but it's in the rear-view mirror, right above where it says, "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

The election of 2012 proved to me the takers now officially outnumber the makers.  The best we can do is try to protect our homes and families from the welfare recipient apocalypse.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 08:48:10 pm »

It may not take some sort of Black Swan event. Don't underestimate people just getting tired of all the drama and slinking back to their TV. I think that actually started to happen before the latest round of racial drama was ignited. People were losing faith in a big system and were becoming introverted from the political world (on all sides).

Offline speekinout

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 10:37:13 pm »

It takes a leader to unify us. One who truly believes in America and all of her people. The leadership qualities can emerge after a crisis (Bush's speech from the top of the pile of rubble) or because of the leader's convictions (Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall).
0bama has proved that he's not a leader in any sense of the word. If voters can be coaxed into using leadership qualities as a criterion in the 2016 election, we won't need another crisis to start us back to sanity again. But we have to find a leader and elect him or her.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 11:07:49 pm »

We've been heading the direction of Great Britain for a long time...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 11:40:33 pm »
Small point, but.............. STOP calling Obama a "professor."

He's a professor wannabe.  Nothing more.

And he's no more of a leader than Elmer Fudd.  For the next two years, we'll be lucky to stay in survival mode.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 03:28:38 am »
alice wrote above:
[[ I shudder to think what it will take to unify our country again. ]]

At this point, Alice, I think that's turning into a hopeless dream.

The reason why America was a "unified" nation, up until the mid-1960's, was because it was essentially a non-diverse nation. Of course, this might be considered as excluding blacks and Indians from "what America was" -- pretty much because that's true.

Even after the War Between The States, the South was eventually bound into the Union once more -- again, because of the cultural and ethnic coherence of the overwhelming majority of its citizens.

If current trends continue -- and I see no reason that they will be abated, or even could be -- we'll have 60-80 million illegal immigrants within twenty years (that's a statistic I just made up, but this is the internet, where one can make such predictions).

With that added "to the pot", along with what will by then be islamics and Africans and third-worlders by the millions, how might "unity" once again be achieved -- from people who will have no connection -- ZERO -- to the principals, mores, and cultural heritage that formed the foundation for this country?

If one has their focus on the future, the proper questions to be asking are not whether America can again be "unified", but rather how it can be peacefully disassembled into several independent nations, each of which will more represent the ideals of those living within them?

(Aside: if there's one of those "nations" I'd like to be in, it's the one which will be comprised of central PA, down through West Virginia, eastern Tennessee and North Carolina, and, of course -- Kentucky!)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 05:10:33 am »
alice wrote above:
[[ I shudder to think what it will take to unify our country again. ]]

At this point, Alice, I think that's turning into a hopeless dream.

The reason why America was a "unified" nation, up until the mid-1960's, was because it was essentially a non-diverse nation. Of course, this might be considered as excluding blacks and Indians from "what America was" -- pretty much because that's true.

Even after the War Between The States, the South was eventually bound into the Union once more -- again, because of the cultural and ethnic coherence of the overwhelming majority of its citizens.

If current trends continue -- and I see no reason that they will be abated, or even could be -- we'll have 60-80 million illegal immigrants within twenty years (that's a statistic I just made up, but this is the internet, where one can make such predictions).

With that added "to the pot", along with what will by then be islamics and Africans and third-worlders by the millions, how might "unity" once again be achieved -- from people who will have no connection -- ZERO -- to the principals, mores, and cultural heritage that formed the foundation for this country?

If one has their focus on the future, the proper questions to be asking are not whether America can again be "unified", but rather how it can be peacefully disassembled into several independent nations, each of which will more represent the ideals of those living within them?

(Aside: if there's one of those "nations" I'd like to be in, it's the one which will be comprised of central PA, down through West Virginia, eastern Tennessee and North Carolina, and, of course -- Kentucky!)

I tend to think that which unified us, not so much in cultural terms, but in the unification of our hopes and dreams.  Our hopes to be in a land where we could achieve our dreams if we worked hard enough and followed the rules.  A place where everyone was treated with respect, even if we were diverse.  I think that dream is dying. 

The area you describe - is Appalachia.  Even though we have plenty of our own problems here, we do have a unique culture and a fierce independent nature (sometimes to our detriment).  I've tried to think of other places I'd rather be - but I can't think of anywhere else.  If you don't already live here fisherrman, you should come - you would love it.  One thing you can say about us - we love our country.

:patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!