Author Topic: Al Sharpton compares Hollywood to Rocky Mountains: ‘The higher up it goes, the whiter it looks’  (Read 599 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/16/al-sharpton-compares-hollywood-to-rocky-mountains-/print/

Al Sharpton compares Hollywood to Rocky Mountains: ‘The higher up it goes, the whiter it looks’

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Al Sharpton on Monday blasted Hollywood for being too white, after a series of leaked emails revealed racially insensitive dialogue between Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal and movie producer Scott Rudin.

"Right now, Hollywood is like the Rocky Mountains, the higher up it goes, the whiter it looks," Mr. Sharpton told TMZ Monday night.

The civil rights leader said he was "very offended" by the emails — leaked in a massive hack attack on Sony — between Ms. Pascal and Mr. Rudin, who joked back and forth about what movies President Obama presumably likes. "Django," "12 Years a Slave," and other films starring mostly black actors were suggested by both executives. They later apologized in separate statements explaining that they were just goofing around and meant no harm by it.

Mr. Sharpton said he's going to give Ms. Pascal "a lot of heck about the hack" when they sit down to the discuss the issue sometime in the near future with the Urban League's Marc Morial and the NAACP's Cornell Brooks.

"We'll determine there whether we are going to join calls for her resignation, or whether she is going to really, seriously going to deal with the fact that Hollywood really reflects a lot of what was said in that conversation," he told TMZ. "There's no blacks with any real decision-making power. There's no diversity at the top. This could be a time to change Hollywood."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Al Sharpton compares Hollywood to Rocky Mountains: ‘The higher up it goes, the whiter it looks’

Even ol' Al doesn't mention who is really at the top in Hollywood...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

The more he talks, the stupider he appears.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

He's not that wrong.  Which isn't really surprising because Hollywood is primarily liberal and therefore one should expect Hollywood to be full of their racism.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What old Al forgot to mention is that the farther down the mountain you go the darker it gets. What Al is referring to is the nature of a mountain the way God himself made it.

A mountain is White on top and dark at the bottom. Is the good Reeeeverend now calling God a racist? It would not surprise me.

In his disturbed, obsessed, mind, everything on Earth is racist. A potato is a racist. A coffee cup is racist. The moon is racist.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

He's not that wrong.  Which isn't really surprising because Hollywood is primarily liberal and therefore one should expect Hollywood to be full of their racism.

That was my first thought....

What do you expect Al?  Hollywood is made up of liberal elites, and they're ALL racist.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.