Author Topic: Boehner invites Obama to deliver State of Union  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Boehner invites Obama to deliver State of Union
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 07:25:52 pm »
Until we can call him what he is - the enemy - we cannot defeat him.  This is NOT how you treat your enemy!

Is that not nice of me? 

Xin Loi.

The NEW GOP Majority - declaring itself an enemy to half the voters.  That has a nice ring to it if you believe America is longing for a new civil war.

Is that really the only way to defeat Obama?  I'm not so sure.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 08:11:28 pm »
The NEW GOP Majority - declaring itself an enemy to half the voters.  That has a nice ring to it if you believe America is longing for a new civil war.

Is that really the only way to defeat Obama?  I'm not so sure.

I agree completely.  It would provide great optics for the networks to portray the Republicans as something they're not.

Would like to see a parliamentary atmosphere however, like the British.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 03:08:05 am »
Once-Ler wrote above:
[[ The NEW GOP Majority - declaring itself an enemy to half the voters. ]]

That's because to approximately half of "the voters", a "GOP majority" IS "the enemy".

And they're going to remain the enemy regardless of what the GOP does in trying to "be nice".

So let them stand up and ACT LIKE they are opposing "an enemy" -- the enemy of the left and all that it represents!

von Clauswitz:
"War is merely the continuation of policy by other means."

Fishrrman:
"Politics is war waged through electoral means."

What the Pubbies need is a modern-day Lee Atwater...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:59:36 pm by Fishrrman »