Author Topic: Burka-clad 'non-Muslim' woman fractures woman's eye socket after 'hitting her in the face with carrier bag containing a brick'  (Read 534 times)

rangerrebew

Burka-clad 'non-Muslim' woman fractures woman's eye socket after 'hitting her in the face with carrier bag containing a brick'

First published Tuesday 16 December 2014  in News 
 Last updated 10:34 Wednesday 17 December 2014  .
  by Louisa Clarence-Smith, Reporter

A burka-clad woman struck another woman in the face with a carrier bag containing a brick in a bizarre unprovoked attack, it has been alleged.

But police do not believe the attacker is a Muslim.

The reported midnight attack took place in Cairns Avenue in Mitcham 

The 27-year-old woman wearing a burka, allegedly struck an unsuspecting 23-year-old woman from behind in Mitcham just before midnight on Saturday, December 6.

The injured woman suffered injuries during the incident in Cairns Avenue, near Streatham Park.

Police arrested a 27-year-old woman and took her to a south London police station.

She was later bailed, to return to a police station in February.

Chief Inspector Mark Lawrence said in an email bulletin:  "Late Saturday evening a woman walking through was randomly attacked by a woman wearing a burka who struck her with a handbag believed to contain a brick. 

"This is not believed to be a race hate crime, in fact we don’t even think the suspect is of Islamic faith

http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/news/11669800.Burka_clad__non_Muslim__woman_fractures_woman_s_eye_socket_after__hitting_her_in_the_face_with_a_handbag_containing_a_brick_/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:33:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I suppose if they have already arrested the assailant, they must have investigated enough to declare her to be a "non-muslim" - just taking the police at their word.

Thinking about it though - if I were going to commit a premeditated crime - I would seriously look into doing it while clad in a burqa - it's kind of like a hoodie in that you can hide your identity easier.  These types of outfits make fighting crime more difficult - on the other hand, I'm not for forbidding people to wear certain types of outfits.

I don't know what the answer is - but I don't think you should be able to run around with your face hidden - too convenient for criminals.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!