Author Topic: NBC's Engel Promotes False Meme: Muslim Terrorism Started Because Of U.S. Support Of Israel  (Read 2013 times)

rangerrebew

NBC's Engel Promotes False Meme: Muslim Terrorism Started Because Of U.S. Support Of Israel

The Palestinian Muslims were radicalized before President Johnson began supporting Israel by selling her airplanes in 1968, and they were already committing terrorist acts before Israel took over Judea, Samaria and Gaza during the Six Day War in 1967

12.15.2014 |

News

| Jeff Dunetz |

When asked by Chuck Todd on Sunday's "Meet The Press" whether the drone program or the CIA enhanced-interrogation radicalized more Muslims, NBC Chief Foreign correspondent Richard Engle came up with a third and false option: Israel.

“Todd: What's creating more terrorists? The Bush interrogation program or Obama's drone program?

Engel: Creating more terrorists?

Todd: Yeah.

Engel:  It's very hard to know. People are radicalized --

Todd: There's worry that both do that. That both can radicalize people.

Engel:   There's a whole history of why people are being radicalized. It goes back to U.S. support for Israel, what's considered to be a war against Islam. But the drone war is certainly part of it. The torture program is certainly part of it. I don't know if you can say one is more influential and creating more of a problem than the other.

Perhaps Engel should consult his favorite history book. The first Palestinian terrorist group was the PLO, formed at the 1964 Arab League summit in Cairo. Its first terrorist attack (on the Israeli water system) was in January 1965. 

Before the Six Day War, France was Israel's biggest benefactor.  It wasn't until after the Six Day War that the U.S. began to realize the strategic importance of Israel. The Soviets were rearming the Arab states to better than pre-war levels. Israel's air force, her first line of defense, was decimated. That's when Prime Minister Levi Eshkol paid a visit to the LBJ ranch in Texas. American-made war planes first landed in Israel sometime in 1968.

Therefore not only were the Palestinian Muslims radicalized before President Johnson began supporting Israel by selling her airplanes in 1968, but they were already committing terrorist acts before Israel took over Judea, Samaria and Gaza during the Six Day War of 1967.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/nbcs-engel-promotes-false-meme-muslim-terrorism-started-because-us-support-israel
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:03:21 am by rangerrebew »

Offline olde north church

The song of the self-hating Jew.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

Shows what he knows.  The real reason there is terrorism is Bush refused to sign the Kyoto Accords. :woohoo:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Simply stated, terrorism is a violation of long accepted rules of warfare, dating to the Bible and before.

Islamic terrorism today violates their own Koran, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

Richard Engel... they don't call him Dick for nothing.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Dunetz is wrong. The U.S. has supported the formation of Israel ever since it was founded in 1948, putting it sixteen full years before the PLO's founding (and that doesn't even count the fact that the British mandate of Palestine was by default allied with the U.S. because of the long-established Anglo-American alliance).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Charlespg

Muslim Terrorism started because of Muhammad  "Richard"
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline musiclady

Shows what he knows.  The real reason there is terrorism is Bush refused to sign the Kyoto Accords. :woohoo:

:silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Muslim terrorism is a direct result of the boom in the USA in the 50's and 60's. Nothing more, nothing less.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If Muslim terrorism is the result of support for Israel, then why do the Muslims kill each other every day of the week?

This would be saying that ISIS attacked Syria based on "their support for Israel". Or the Taleebaaan attacks Afghanistan and Paakeestaan, based on their support for Israel.

Liberal fools believe whatever they want to be true. They do not care about facts or reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Muslim terrorism is a direct result of the boom in the USA in the 50's and 60's. Nothing more, nothing less.

Muslim terrorism has been around since Mohamed walked the Earth but it was never much of a problem outside the region until Jimmah CAAATA helped the Mullahs overthrow the Shah! It's been Katy bar the door ever since!

And I hasten to add that as long as the Mullahs remain in control in Iran it will never stop!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:31:05 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Muslim terrorism has been around since Mohamed walked the Earth but it was never much of a problem outside the region until Jimmah CAAATA helped the Mullahs overthrow the Shah! It's been Katy bar the door ever since!

Jimmah Caatah was the Genesis of modern Islamic terrorism. He is the father of it, and will go to his grave with hundreds of thousands of deaths associated with his idiotic pollyannish thinking.

Jimmah is a fool of the highest order. And he is still today a great supporter of Islam and what they are doing. And he hates Israel with the hate the hate of Satan, just like his Muslim friends all over the world.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Jimmah Caatah was the Genesis of modern Islamic terrorism. He is the father of it, and will go to his grave with hundreds of thousands of deaths associated with his idiotic pollyannish thinking.

Jimmah is a fool of the highest order. And he is still today a great supporter of Islam and what they are doing. And he hates Israel with the hate the hate of Satan, just like his Muslim friends all over the world.

I made an addition to my post above after you posted this.

I agree with every word you said!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

And I hasten to add that as long as the Mullahs remain in control in Iran it will never stop!

Carter certainly didn't help with his meddling in a reasonably stable situation but the roots are earlier, as you well know, my brother! Every single last terrorist group is firmly rooted in Wahabiism - a particularly foul interpretation of the Quran that only survived and thrived thanks to it's intimate ties to the House of Saud. In return for perpetual support of the Royal House, oil money was used to set up an agressive campaign of world wide education and mosques.

Offline olde north church

Carter certainly didn't help with his meddling in a reasonably stable situation but the roots are earlier, as you well know, my brother! Every single last terrorist group is firmly rooted in Wahabiism - a particularly foul interpretation of the Quran that only survived and thrived thanks to it's intimate ties to the House of Saud. In return for perpetual support of the Royal House, oil money was used to set up an agressive campaign of world wide education and mosques.

I blame that damned Englishman Lawrence!   :tongue2:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :tongue2:

Nah - we were smart enough to leave them more along tribal lines than anything else. Learned that one the hard way!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

EXACTLY right my brother!!  But my point is that it was Jimmah CAAATA that unleashed the Wahabists like they had never been unleashed before!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yep - he did.

Though, apart from the screw up with the Shah, there wasn't much else he could have done at the time - except maybe listened to the few people who knew what they were talking about.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yep - he did.

Though, apart from the screw up with the Shah, there wasn't much else he could have done at the time - except maybe listened to the few people who knew what they were talking about.

Yeah! The last half of that would have helped immensely! But people like CAAAATA don't tend to listen to anyone! They already KNOW everything!

- J. R. R. Tolkien