Author Topic: Sony company cancels Dec. 25 release of 'The Interview'  (Read 535 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Sony company cancels Dec. 25 release of 'The Interview'
« on: December 18, 2014, 12:19:33 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/12/17/us-government-saw-interview-approved-theaters-upping-security/

LOS ANGELES –  The FBI has connected North Korea to the Sony Pictures cyberattack, a federal law enforcement source told Fox News Wednesday, hours after the company announced it had scrapped the Dec. 25 release of "The Interview" after a number of major movie chains said they would not show the film.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Sony company cancels Dec. 25 release of 'The Interview'
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 12:23:07 am »
What are your thoughts about the cancellation of this movie? I wouldn't have gone to see it anyway but the larger issue of capitulating to hackers threats is pretty concerning. Now that they see they can win just by threatening...what will their next demand be?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:26:54 am »
What are your thoughts about the cancellation of this movie? I wouldn't have gone to see it anyway but the larger issue of capitulating to hackers threats is pretty concerning. Now that they see they can win just by threatening...what will their next demand be?

I think we've started down a slippery slope.  This is only the beginning of extortions of our freedom.  If you show weakness - you will die.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Millee

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 12:29:25 am »
So we're France now???  :shrug:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 12:31:38 am »
I think the movie should be released on 12/25 on cable and free tv from midnight to midnight.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 12:35:55 am »
When I first saw the trailer for this movie it only took me a few seconds to decide that I wouldn't waste my time with it. I know that North Korea is a closed and repressive society run by an evil dictator, but I found the idea of the movie way over the top and in very poor taste. I also whispered to my wife during the trailer, that this is going to stir up real trouble, sort of predicting North Korea's reaction to it.    That being said, though I know the movie will very bad taste, as my dear friend, philosopher, playright and world famous explorer Joe deBunker once told me, "ain't nobody is going to tell me what movie I can and cannot see".

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 12:59:36 am »
This is a bit surprising, given that the demands will now be just beginning...and it won't only be North Korea making demands.  I'm sure Argo was offensive to Islam...well, Hell, everything right down to bacon in the meat section is offensive to Islam.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 02:06:53 am »
"Look Abdul! We can make them do anything we want by promising to kill them if they don't; and we don't even have to leave the comfort of our cave."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 02:16:21 am »
I do like the theater in Texas that responded by instead showing “Team America: World Police.”

If the Koreans don't like “The Interview,” they will almost certainly hate the replacement!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024