Author Topic: Obama Now Just Making Up His Own Bible Verses  (Read 1365 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Now Just Making Up His Own Bible Verses
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:23:16 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/09/Obama-Christmas-Season-Should-Help-Us-Understand-Executive-Amnesty

by CHARLIE SPIERING  9 Dec 2014

President Barack Obama thinks that Christians should use the Christmas season and “the good book” to understand the importance of immigration reform.

“If we’re serious about the Christmas season, now is the time to reflect on those who are strangers in our midst and remember what it was like to be a stranger,” Obama said during an immigration town hall in Nashville.

Obama reminded them that the Christmas season was about a “soon to be mother” and “a husband of modest means” who were looking for a place to stay, but there was no room at the inn.

“As I said the day that I announced these executive actions that we were once strangers too, and part of what my faith teaches me is to look upon the stranger as part of myself,” he said. “And during this Christmas season that’s a good place to start.”

Obama also mistakenly attributed the slogan of throwing stones in glass houses to the Bible.

“I think the good book says, you know, ‘Don’t throw stones in glass houses,’ or make sure that we’re lookin’ at the log in our eye, before we’re pulling out the mote in other folk’s eyes,” he said. “I think that’s as true in politics as it is in life.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JEmLqpFtuo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Obama Now Just Making Up His Own Bible Verses
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 04:11:25 pm »
I guess Obama is far too brilliant for me to understand his "logic." :thud:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 10:22:13 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 10:58:33 pm »
He's just sick.....    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 02:09:56 am »
Obama also mistakenly attributed the slogan of throwing stones in glass houses to the Bible.

“I think the good book says, you know, ‘Don’t throw stones in glass houses,’ or make sure that we’re lookin’ at the log in our eye, before we’re pulling out the mote in other folk’s eyes,” he said. “I think that’s as true in politics as it is in life.”
Yeah, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"  is my absolute favorite Bible verse, second only to, "When the cat's away, the mice will play." They're both from the epistle to the morons.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 11:38:46 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Obama Now Just Making Up His Own Bible Verses

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On December 11, 2014 @ 10:13 am In The Point | 19 Comments

It figures. If you’ve got your own cult of personality, you might as well have your own bible.

While there are plenty of Bible verses to mention while discussing immigration, President Obama on Tuesday quoted one which isn’t so great, mainly because it’s not real. “The good book says don’t throw stones at glass houses, or make sure we’re looking at the log in our eye before we are pointing out the moat in other folks eyes,” Obama said during a speech in Nashville.

Please tell me he said “mote” and not moat. It would just be too depressing if we were actually living in Idiocracy and Das Kapital at the same time.

As far as throwing stones at glass houses, Obama’s good book seems to have been written by Chaucer. But it’s a safe bet that he doesn’t know who that is.

If George W. Bush had some said something that idiotic, there would be entire books written about it and a series of Saturday Night Live skits featuring him claiming that common expressions were bible verses. But Obama is far too smart to be mocked. There just isn’t anything funny about him we’re told.

Not a thing.

That’s what the good book says. “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.”

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/obama-now-just-making-up-his-own-bible-verses/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »
That was a nice read on a beautiful Friday morning. That made me laugh.

All the Black 'Reeevrends" and Money Preachers, have been making up their own Bible, and their own biblical verses for decades. Why shouldn't Obama carry on the tradition?

And so speacketh the Bible in Leviticus chapter 62, verse 99: "Those who have money to give shouldeth giveth that money to their preacher, and then the Blessings of Gwaad, and aaaall the angeles, shall raaaaineth down uponeth them!"

They know very well that 99% of their Christian flock have never actually read the Bible, and never will. They can say anything they want and get away with it. And they do.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:08:45 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 02:58:20 pm »
Yeah, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"  is my absolute favorite Bible verse, second only to, "When the cat's away, the mice will play." They're both from the epistle to the morons.
   :mauslaff:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 05:19:53 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 08:26:25 pm »
Obama should stay away from the Christian Bible. He should stick to what he know, i.e., the Koran. After all, that is what he studied in his madrassa as a child, and that is what he knows.

If he had been quoting the Koran, he would have gotten the quote right.

Sura 56, quatrain 45:

He who throws a stone at a glass house
insults the merciful Allah
and he should be beheaded
and his family should be enslaved and raped.

So says the merciful Allah, may piss be upon him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 08:29:00 pm »
Bravo, 240B. You have identified exactly why the Idiot Prez thought anything about glass houses was part of Holy Scripture.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 10:20:29 pm »
Obama should stay away from the Christian Bible. He should stick to what he know, i.e., the Koran. After all, that is what he studied in his madrassa as a child, and that is what he knows.

If he had been quoting the Koran, he would have gotten the quote right.

Sura 56, quatrain 45:

He who throws a stone at a glass house
insults the merciful Allah
and he should be beheaded
and his family should be enslaved and raped.

So says the merciful Allah, may piss be upon him.

Clearly, Obama thinks the Koran is the "good" book.  That's what the reference is to, right? Not the Bible, but the Koran.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.