Author Topic: 300 Former Obama Staffers Urge Elizabeth Warren to Run for President Daniel Halper  (Read 6479 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/300-former-obama-staffers-urge-elizabeth-warren-run-president_821232.html

300 Former Obama Staffers Urge Elizabeth Warren to Run for President
Daniel Halper
December 12, 2014 10:05 AM

A group of more than 300 hundred former Obama staffers have written an open letter urging Elizabeth Warren to run for president of the United States. "We helped elect Barack Obama — now we’re calling on Elizabeth Warren to run in 2016," the letter is titled.

We believed in an unlikely candidate who no one thought had a chance.

We worked for him — and against all odds, we won in Iowa.

We organized like no campaign had organized before — and won the Democratic primary.

We built a movement — and the country elected the first-ever African American president.

We know that the improbable is far from impossible.

Now, former staffers from President Obama’s campaigns, along with former staffers from OFA, are joining with the thousands of Americans who are calling on Elizabeth Warren to run for president in 2016.

Rising income inequality is the challenge of our times, and we want someone who will stand up for working families and take on the Wall Street banks and special interests that took down our economy.

We urge Elizabeth Warren to run for president in 2016.

The list of former Obama staffers who signed the letter is here.

The letter was organized by a group called Ready for Warren. The group's goal is to get Warren to run for president.

"We are ready for Elizabeth Warren to run for President in 2016," reads the group's website.

"Warren is the backbone that the Democratic Party too often forgets it needs. She has inspired a movement—yet to jump into the race for president, we need to show the Senator that she’s got support all across the country, from Oklahoma to Massachusetts, from Florida to Nevada.

"We know that Warren can win, but it’s up to all of us to make it happen – Join the Ready for Warren movement today."

video at link

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:07:40 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think she would be our worst nightmare.  Hillary is a has been, Jim Webb is too moderate and Wigwam Warren swings even father left than Obama.  The liberal progressives love her!   I think this is who the Dems are going to push and get behind; why else would Reid create a special position for her?  The position will give her the name recognition she needs.  With the recent granting of amnesty she may very well be a DEM candidate to contend with.  That is why we need to run a very strong conservative; a moderate isn't going to win.

Ted Cruz is golden!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Ready for Warren?"  Is this a joke from the Onion or something?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
"Ready for Warren?"  Is this a joke from the Onion or something?

Wish it was...looks like the MSM will be anointing her soon..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wish it was...looks like the MSM will be anointing her soon..

I hope they do.  It might get her some well-deserved scrutiny.  As usual, it will fall to us to do it, but hey...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Teepee Lizzy is George McGovern in a skirt...

Offline Carling

Warren will be 67 years old in November 2016.  I find it funny that she's consider a fresh face for Democrats.  She doesn't have a chance in a general election.   :silly:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline kevindavis007

This is why I don't think that Hillary will be the nominee in 2016.  The far left hates the Clintons..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
300 Former Obama Staffers Urge Elizabeth Warren to Run for President

Let me join the choir here and now!

Run Elizabeth RUN!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

Let me join the choir here and now!

Run Elizabeth RUN!!!

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I think she would be our worst nightmare.  Hillary is a has been, Jim Webb is too moderate and Wigwam Warren swings even father left than Obama.  The liberal progressives love her!   I think this is who the Dems are going to push and get behind; why else would Reid create a special position for her?  The position will give her the name recognition she needs.  With the recent granting of amnesty she may very well be a DEM candidate to contend with. That is why we need to run a very strong conservative; a moderate isn't going to win.

Ted Cruz is golden!

The GOP "runs" those that win the nomination via the vote of the party membership.

The problem being of course that "very strong conservatives" never seem to garner enough votes to win the nomination.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The GOP "runs" those that win the nomination via the vote of the party membership.

The problem being of course that "very strong conservatives" never seem to garner enough votes to win the nomination.

In my humble opinion you are wrong about that as well!

The truth is that conservatives split the vote so widely that the mushy moderate winds up getting the highest percentage of the vote! if a MAJORITY were required to win it would be a completely different story!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
In my humble opinion you are wrong about that as well!

The truth is that conservatives split the vote so widely that the mushy moderate winds up getting the highest percentage of the vote! if a MAJORITY were required to win it would be a completely different story!

You just agreed with me right after you told me I was wrong.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

If you say so!

I really just explained why conservatives don't win.  i.e because a majority is not required in most cases!  If it were left up to me that would change instantly!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's only accurate for states with "closed Primaries."  Too many states allow Dems to vote for the GOP nominee (and vice versa).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That's only accurate for states with "closed Primaries."  Too many states allow Dems to vote for the GOP nominee (and vice versa).

And that I absolutely agree with!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

I think I agree with one of you guys...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

But I also believe that even in those cases a conservative would win IF a majority of the vote were required to win.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think I agree with one of you guys...

I can't be seen agreeing with anybody.  It would ruin  my reputation.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But I also believe that even in those cases a conservative would win IF a majority of the vote were required to win.

The main problem I have with t hat is the runoffs (almost all states would have them) would run the Primary season way to long.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The main problem I have with t hat is the runoffs (almost all states would have them) would run the Primary season way to long.

I think getting it right outweighs any time considerations. But that's just one opinion.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

"... and vice versa" being what levels the field.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
"... and vice versa" being what levels the field.

LOL! Yeah! There are tons of republicans crossing over to vote in democrat primaries aren't there!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Arguing over how to hold primaries, ignores the fact that conservatives struggle to get enough votes, period.

Nationwide 42% of voters claim to be independent. Their votes are essential to winning general elections, so why exclude them from primaries?

Has anybody got a list of states' primary methods, at hand? If you study it, it will dispel some misconceptions, about "open" primaries with facts.

California changed primary rules a few years ago. It would be called "open" but a democrat can NOT vote on the Republican ballot, and vice versa. But a non-affiliated person can vote on any party's primary ballot they ask for, but only one.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Lando Lincoln

I can't be seen agreeing with anybody.  It would ruin  my reputation.

It's amazing how quickly we can have our reputations in tatters!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck