Author Topic: TEA PARTY REACTS TO OBAMA-BOEHNER OMNIBUS PASSAGE WITH DEFIANCE; VOWS TO REMEMBER YES VOTES IN 2016  (Read 8708 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm far from being in the middle of anything. I'm simply as far away from statist and big government authoritarianism as they come.

Anyone who sees a different President or a different group "in charge" at the Federal level as being the solution to the problems that ail this country is a big government authoritarian.

"Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem."

Ted Cruz is government.

I'll promise you that if you actually knew Ted Cruz you would not make that statement! He understands the problem very well!  Probably better than you do in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I'll promise you that if you actually knew Ted Cruz you would not make that statement! He understands the problem very well!  Probably better than you do in fact!

So, you know Ted Cruz?

How often do you guys hang out?

Do you do weekends away with the wives?

Thursday night cards?

Did you go to the kid parties, the graduations, the occasional Thanksgiving?

Exactly how do you know Cruz to the degree of intimacy that you're claiming here? 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So, you know Ted Cruz?

How often do you guys hang out?

Do you do weekends away with the wives?

Thursday night cards?

Did you go to the kid parties, the graduations, the occasional Thanksgiving?

Exactly how do you know Cruz to the degree of intimacy that you're claiming here?

None of your business!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
None of your business!

In other words, you don't know him any better than I do, and everything that you know about him is what you've read about him.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
In other words, you don't know him any better than I do, and everything that you know about him is what you've read about him.

Nope! You won't get away with that with me!

But how I know him or how much I interact with him is still none of your business.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Once-Ler wrote:
[[ The youthful, yet impoverished, squaw failed, but she stood up for what she believes in.  It has even gotten a rise out of some conservatives.  They admire Warren's forthrightness in declaring her evil intentions over their perception of traitorous GOP subterfuge.  They believe that a beclowning fail in the pursuit of liberty is leadership.]]

I find it very interesting that you're willing to heap-o'-little praise upon TeePee Lizzy for standing up as she did, but all in a tizzy if a Pubbie like Ted Cruz does the same!
I was being sarcastic about how the media portrays Sen. Warren and I was comparing the admiration of failure by the followers of Sen. Warren and Sen. Cruz.  I should have separated those two thoughts.  I can see how it was confusing now. 

I hate all rats.  I think they are misguided or evil.  I think it is laughable that they believe they are morally superior to Republican's...and there are very few lying sacks of crap worse than the squaw.  She's a phony Cherokee.  She's a multimillionaire Harvard Law Professor whose never worked a real job or managed a business.  And she is 75.

The only rats I like are the hopefully coming soon rat defectors.

I don't like principled ideologues who refuse to do the will of the majority of voters.  I want representatives who represent the people not their own sanctimonious certainty that America must follow their lead.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good
of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.
The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may
at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good
will torment us without end for they do so with the approval
of their own conscience."

That is why I hate my President.

I hope that clarifies it.

Offline olde north church

The only rats I like are the hopefully coming soon rat defectors.

No defectors.  Defect, then resign.  Absolution requires penance.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Online Lando Lincoln

https://soundcloud.com/docwashburnmornings/rep-tim-griffin-tries-to-justify-voting-for-1trillion-cromnibus-bill-on-doc-washburn-talk-show

Thank you for posting that Luis. Something like THAT brings value to our forum. Whether you agree with it or not (I do), it gives real, valuable insight how one Congressman sees things.

I loved his parting comments on Gohmert. Deadly.

Again, thanks.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thank you for posting that Luis. Something like THAT brings value to our forum. Whether you agree with it or not (I do), it gives real, valuable insight how one Congressman sees things.

I loved his parting comments on Gohmert. Deadly.

Again, thanks.

It is informative to be sure. I've heard several like it with local congressmen here. But what you are hearing in it and what I'm hearing in it are two very different things apparently!

What I hear is someone trying to do the CYA thing with his constituents! The reason they don't like Gohmert is the same reason they don't like Cruz! He REFUSES to play their silly games and they HATE it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
It is informative to be sure. I've heard several like it with local congressmen here. But what you are hearing in it and what I'm hearing in it are two very different things apparently!

What I hear is someone trying to do the CYA thing with his constituents! The reason they don't like Gohmert is the same reason they don't like Cruz! He REFUSES to play their silly games and they HATE it!

What constituents?

He's leaving Congress.

There's only one thing to hear.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What constituents?

He's leaving Congress.

There's only one thing to hear.

Whatever you say Luis!  **nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Online Lando Lincoln

If I take him at his word, there will be significant reform legislation beginning with the next congress.  We'll see.  I have my doubts.

At this moment, that is all we can do. Apart from the noise, of course.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck