Author Topic: TEA PARTY REACTS TO OBAMA-BOEHNER OMNIBUS PASSAGE WITH DEFIANCE; VOWS TO REMEMBER YES VOTES IN 2016  (Read 8710 times)

Oceander

You mean like Dole, McCain and Romney did?

:chairbang:

I mean like people who ran tootie-frooties against the democrat nominee because the tootie-frootie passed some "conservative" litmus test.

Offline sinkspur

As far as I'm concerned anyone is free to say whatever they like about anything they like on this forum but they should never think that they can do that without being responded to in kind!

You don't respond "in kind." You insult, hurl ad hominems, and resort to barnyard epithets.

You can't politely disagree. You must make it personal.

Luis is right, and you are wrong. Myst won't do anything about it, but everyone who reads this little dialogue knows what's going on.

And, by the way, Jenny Beth Martin and her other Tea Party cohorts got their clocks cleaned in the primaries this year. Not one of their candidates got nominated, other than Ben Sasse.  He was backed by the GOP universally.

So her threats are meant to gin up that donation machine.  Two years is a long time and nobody will remember this in 2016, much less use it as a voting issue.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If I google "political fundraising fees" I get

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=political+fundraising+fees

That is proof enough for me, along with some personal  involvement, and discussion with a guy years ago. I was his real estate broker, and he was a property buyer.

I learned how he made all his money, in local politics, for both sides like Dick Morris originally did.

Plainly stated, the fundraiser has a contract, with menus of fees, for each activity and metric. It is not too different from hiring an attorney, an engineer, a contractor etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

That's what I thought. You don't know that whatever they do on behalf of their organizations is completely pro bono. They are only reimbursed their expenses.
"Expenses" is a very, very big category. I was a chief financial officer of a professional engineering firm. We billed our clients "expenses."

CPA firms love to take their clients out to lunch, because they pay the restaurant, then add a markup (typically 15-30%) for "expenses" before billing it back to the client firm.

Frugal client companies TURN DOWN offers from the CPAs to take them to lunch.

Sal Russo heads Tea Party Express, from the entities mailing address in Sacramento, and probably a lot of time from his home in Orange County.

I googled Russo, and found a lot of articles from the left, who point out the fact he is ripping off right-wingers, who apparently prefer to reside in their ignorant and naïve bliss. He was a player in the O'Donnell fiasco, btw.

He was active in the just completed 2014 elections. He goes back to Reagan days.

It seems that the naïve grass roots far right Tea Party don't mind being played. When it is pointed out, they are in denial and want more proof.

Do your own research. It is one thing to be amateur, grass roots, but another to prefer ignorance.

Everything I state about Russo applies to Dick MOrris, Karl Rove, Mary Bethy whatever, and the rest.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You don't respond "in kind." You insult, hurl ad hominems, and resort to barnyard epithets.

You can't politely disagree. You must make it personal.

Luis is right, and you are wrong. Myst won't do anything about it, but everyone who reads this little dialogue knows what's going on.

And, by the way, Jenny Beth Martin and her other Tea Party cohorts got their clocks cleaned in the primaries this year. Not one of their candidates got nominated, other than Ben Sasse.  He was backed by the GOP universally.

So her threats are meant to gin up that donation machine.  Two years is a long time and nobody will remember this in 2016, much less use it as a voting issue.

In your particular case you are absolutely right so I'm going to, as politely as I know how,  suggest that you take up your grievances with the management!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
"As chairwoman of the super PAC, Martin sets her own $15,000 monthly fee for strategic consulting. She also draws a salary as president of the Tea Party Patriots’ nonprofit arm, getting more than $272,000 in the 2012 fiscal year, according to the group’s most recent tax filing, putting her on track to make more than $450,000 in 2014." - http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tea-party-pacs-reap-money-for-midterms-but-spend-little-on-candidates/2014/04/26/0e52919a-cbd6-11e3-a75e-463587891b57_story.html

OK! You proved me wrong about Jennie Beth Martin!  Feel better now! 

It also might interest you to know that I have never contributed one single dime to that organization and will not in the future.

All the TEA party groups (all local) I have anything to do with work exactly as I said they do earlier in this thread. I assumed, silly me, that it was the same in all of them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

And YOU aren't worthy to carry Jenny Beth Martin's dirty socks! IMHO of course!
I'm sorry you feel that way Bigun.  I think you are worthy to carry JBM's dirty socks!

Offline sinkspur

In your particular case you are absolutely right so I'm going to, as politely as I know how,  suggest that you take up your grievances with the management!

It's a waste of time. In fact, if I complain, I'M the one who's likely to be put in a time out.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I may be misinformed about this crummybus bill, but it seems to me that Boehner has given up quite a bit just so that he could get some banking provisions changed and campaign limits lifted.  He could just as easily have passed a stop-gap bill to fund the government until the next congress takes over, and then approached things from a position of much greater strength.  Instead, he has tied his own hands, and placed limits on the ability of the next congress to enact any significant reforms over the short term.

There is practically no difference between this bill and what would have passed with a Democrat congress, except maybe this bill is friendlier to Wall Street and less friendly to Main Street.  There is no spending discipline, or even a step toward spending discipline.  And I haven't even mentioned the pass being given to Obamacare and OPapaDoc's illegal executive action.  So if conservatives are wondering what it is they "won" in the 2014 election, who can blame them?

Also, I am noticing that Fox News is acting as if all of this brouhaha over the bill is dividing Democrats, but ignoring the complaints about it that are coming from the right.  Sixty-Seven Republican congressmen had the courage to stand up to the leadership.  That is quite a relevant number, though no Republicans who depend on Fox News know about it.

I am curious to know one thing.  Didn't Rance Priebus himself promise that if voters saw to it that Republicans won the senate they would BLOCK the president's illegal amnesty order?  How on earth can the party simply turn its back on that promise?  Either it was made in good faith or it wasn't.  This has nothing to do with Ted Cruz or the Tea Party and everything to do with the explicit campaign promises that were made by the GOPe.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:58:10 am by massadvj »

Offline Lando Lincoln

I may be misinformed about this crummybus bill, but it seems to me that Boehner has given up quite a bit just so that he could get some banking provisions changed and campaign limits lifted.  He could just as easily have passed a stop-gap bill to fund the government until the next congress takes over, and then approached things from a position of much greater strength.  Instead, he has tied his own hands, and placed limits on the ability of the next congress to enact any significant reforms over the short term.

There is practically no difference between this bill and what would have passed with a Democrat congress, except maybe this bill is friendlier to Wall Street and less friendly to Main Street.  There is no spending discipline, or even a step toward spending discipline.  And I haven't even mentioned the pass being given to Obamacare and OPapaDoc's illegal executive action.  So if conservatives are wondering what it is they "won" in the 2014 election, who can blame them?

Also, I am noticing that Fox News is acting as if all of this brouhaha over the bill is dividing Democrats, but ignoring the complaints about it that are coming from the right.  Sixty-Seven Republican congressmen had the courage to stand up to the leadership.  That is quite a relevant number, though no Republicans who depend on Fox News know about it.

Thank you.  I've been disconnected and have been trying to figure it out also.  The political aspect of it, that is.  The bickering among members hasn't helped this feeble mind sort it out.  And, we have not seated the new Congress yet! 

It seems to me that some Senators (did I say Cruz?) are misfiring and allowing themselves to be outflanked in procedural maneuvering.  This, while simultaneously enraging elements of the home team.  The resultant fracturing, at this time, does not portend well.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Thank you.  I've been disconnected and have been trying to figure it out also.  The political aspect of it, that is.  The bickering among members hasn't helped this feeble mind sort it out.  And, we have not seated the new Congress yet! 

It seems to me that some Senators (did I say Cruz?) are misfiring and allowing themselves to be outflanked in procedural maneuvering.  This, while simultaneously enraging elements of the home team.  The resultant fracturing, at this time, does not portend well.

Ted Cruz is not the issue. No one gives a crap about Ted Cruz except those who want to make him a red herring.  The issue is the GOPe and the promises that were made to win the election and get the majority:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/immigration-executive-action-illegals-tea-party/2014/10/28/id/603481/
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/12/priebus-gop-should-use-the-budget-to-block-obamas-amnesty/
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/27/Exclusive-Priebus-Rallies-Base-GOP-Will-Stop-Obama-s-Un-American-Amnesty-If-We-Win-Senate

Now all of a sudden no one remembers....

All they have to do is pass a stop-gap funding bill and then let the next congress deal with it.  Instead, they are funding the government fully for next year so that the new congress will have its hands tied.

Ted Cruz is not the issue. No one gives a crap about Ted Cruz except those who want to make him a red herring.  The issue is the GOPe and the promises that were made to win the election and get the majority:
The GOP does not have a majority in the Senate.

All they have to do is pass a stop-gap funding bill and then let the next congress deal with it.  Instead, they are funding the government fully for next year so that the new congress will have its hands tied.
They are funding Homeland Security for only 2 months. 

Now all of a sudden no one remembers....

Lots of that going around.

I may be misinformed about this crummybus bill

Yes.  The links you provided explain it.  There are things to like about the bill if you are willing to listen to the people who voted for it, and stop taking the word of the intellectual midgets at Breitbart.
Kelly Ayotte @KellyAyotte  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Funding bill adheres to spending limits,prevents shutdown & gives new Republican Congress oppty to address POTUS exec action on immigration

Also incl impt policy measures 2prevent Obamacare bailouts,extend ban on Internet access taxes,give relief frm onerous school lunch mandates

With Senate under new leadership next year, we shouldn't continue to fund govt thru short-term extensions & last minute catch-all bills

full statement from Sen Ayotte
http://www.ayotte.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1680
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:52:22 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Kansas

"As chairwoman of the super PAC, Martin sets her own $15,000 monthly fee for strategic consulting. She also draws a salary as president of the Tea Party Patriots’ nonprofit arm, getting more than $272,000 in the 2012 fiscal year, according to the group’s most recent tax filing, putting her on track to make more than $450,000 in 2014." - http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tea-party-pacs-reap-money-for-midterms-but-spend-little-on-candidates/2014/04/26/0e52919a-cbd6-11e3-a75e-463587891b57_story.html

It's such a shame that an organization that truely was "grass roots" got so quickly taken hostage by money grabbers that have only personal gain in mind.   
When I saw years ago how heavily Dick Army was involved in the bus tour I knew the movement was doomed to failure. 
"How do you tell a communist?  Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.  How do you tell an anti-communist?  It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin"-Ronald Reagan

Offline truth_seeker

The GOP does not have a majority in the Senate.
True dat. And until the GOP is in charge, Reid still decides when they are in session, and what business they will take up.

So unless or until that is changed, Cruz can orate until the cows come home, but he can't do anything.

His inability to have more effective strategies for dealing with political REALITY, leads me to conclude his potential is less than his supporters expect.

Oratory without results is nothing.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
massadvj wrote above:
[[ it seems to me that Boehner has given up quite a bit just so that he could get some banking provisions changed and campaign limits lifted...]]

C'mon, mass, unlike me, you're an educated man.

That's the RINO version of "reachin' across the aisle".

Got it....?  ;)

[[ There is practically no difference between this bill and what would have passed with a Democrat congress, except maybe this bill is friendlier to Wall Street and less friendly to Main Street.  There is no spending discipline, or even a step toward spending discipline.  And I haven't even mentioned the pass being given to Obamacare and OPapaDoc's illegal executive action.  So if conservatives are wondering what it is they "won" in the 2014 election, who can blame them? ]]

Thumbs up to that!
Had me fooled for a moment, you really do know sumthin' after all!

Offline Fishrrman

Once-Ler wrote:
[[ The GOP does not have a majority in the Senate. ]]

If they show the same "solidarity" as they have over the course of the last coupe of weeks, one may reasonably assume that they probably won't have one after January 1st, either!

Once-Ler wrote:
[[ The GOP does not have a majority in the Senate. ]]

If they show the same "solidarity" as they have over the course of the last coupe of weeks, one may reasonably assume that they probably won't have one after January 1st, either!
We don't always agree, but I think it is nice when we can find common ground.   In fact I will go even further and suggest that there actually is no chance the GOP will have a majority on Jan 1st...or the 2nd even.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
We don't always agree, but I think it is nice when we can find common ground.   In fact I will go even further and suggest that there actually is no chance the GOP will have a majority on Jan 1st...or the 2nd even.

000hehehehe
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oratory without results is nothing.

That is logical, but completely true.  Have you seen all the fantastic press Sen Warren is getting for standing up the the Establishment rats?  The rat "base" is just as excited as they can be about her running against fellow rat Hitlery.  The youthful, yet impoverished, squaw failed, but she stood up for what she believes in.  It has even gotten a rise out of some conservatives.  They admire Warren's forthrightness in declaring her evil intentions over their perception of traitorous GOP subterfuge.  They believe that a beclowning fail in the pursuit of liberty is leadership.

Offline Fishrrman

Once-Ler wrote:
[[ The youthful, yet impoverished, squaw failed, but she stood up for what she believes in.  It has even gotten a rise out of some conservatives.  They admire Warren's forthrightness in declaring her evil intentions over their perception of traitorous GOP subterfuge.  They believe that a beclowning fail in the pursuit of liberty is leadership.]]

I find it very interesting that you're willing to heap-o'-little praise upon TeePee Lizzy for standing up as she did, but all in a tizzy if a Pubbie like Ted Cruz does the same!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
As far as I'm concerned, any legislation passing that pisses both Cruz and Warren off is good for the rest of the country.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
As far as I'm concerned, any legislation passing that pisses both Cruz and Warren off is good for the rest of the country.

As far as I can tell the only thing Jim Hightower has ever been right about!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:10:46 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

As far as I can tell the only thing Jim Hightower has ever been right about!

I'm far from being in the middle of anything. I'm simply as far away from statist and big government authoritarianism as they come.

Anyone who sees a different President or a different group "in charge" at the Federal level as being the solution to the problems that ail this country is a big government authoritarian.

"Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem."

Ted Cruz is government.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:14:11 pm by Luis Gonzalez »