Author Topic: TEA PARTY REACTS TO OBAMA-BOEHNER OMNIBUS PASSAGE WITH DEFIANCE; VOWS TO REMEMBER YES VOTES IN 2016  (Read 8709 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/11/Tea-Party-Reacts-to-CR-Omnibus-Budget-Bill-Passage-With-Defiance-Vows-to-Remember-Yes-Votes-in-2016

by MICHAEL PATRICK LEAHY  11 Dec 2014

Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots, isn't wasting any time. Minutes after the House passed a controversial omnibus spending bill, she tweeted: "Speaker Boehner & House GOP leadership have found a way to needlessly squander political capital, after being handed a historic majority."

The bill, literally crafted behind closed doors in cigar smoke-filled rooms by a handful of legislators and staffers, fully funds President Obama's unconstitutional executive actions granting amnesty to illegal aliens.

The House of Representatives passed the 1,700-plus page, $1 trillion-plus CR-Omnibus budget bill by a 219 to 206 margin late Thursday night, barely two hours before the clock struck midnight and the federal government would have shut down.

Only 162 Republicans voted for the bill, while 67 opposed it. The bill passed because 57 Democrats -- encouraged by Obama and Vice President Joe Biden -- crossed the aisle to vote yes.

Tea Party reaction to the vote was uniformly negative and defiant.

"Rather than negotiate & govern from a position of strength & defend the Constitution against a lawless autocrat," Martin continued, "he has punted on 1st down."

"It’s shameful, it’s senseless, and it will be remembered," Martin concluded.

Remembering which Republican members of the House voted for the bill in 2016 is exactly what conservative icon Richard Viguerie had in mind when he tersely tweeted out moments after the bill passed: "target list for 2016 Republican primaries to be found in this roll call YES vote = Primary challenge."

With 162 YES votes, Viguerie is suggesting a very large list of incumbent Republican targets. But Tea Party activists around the country already appear up to undertaking the challenge.

Ben Cunningham of the Nashville Tea Party summarized the sentiment among the thousands of local Tea Party groups around the country. "I am not sure why we ever expected any different behavior from 'establishment Republicans,'" Cunningham told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview.

"It seems ridiculously naive with just a minimum of retrospection," Cunningham remarked.

"Power always takes precedence over principle and it always will," Cunningham noted. "The question now is this: will we simply be assimilated like all the other activist groups that came before, adjusting to 'reality' and being 'pragmatic,' or will we resolve to take back our stolen birthright of a Constitutional Republic?"

One last minute rider in particular--a provision that would effectively raise the amount that high net-worth donors can contribute to political party committees from $97,250 to $777,600--raised the ire of Tea Party groups and conservative Super-PACs on the right and public interest groups and Super-PACS on the left alike. They correctly concluded the rider would give the Republican and Democrat Party establishments huge advantages in battles with primary challengers to incumbents.

The very existence of the rider in the legislation was not known until after the full bill was posted online late Tuesday. By Wednesday, conservative talk radio host Mark Levin sounded the alarm on his syndicated program.

By Thursday morning, Tea Party groups and activists around the country were in full attack mode, hitting hard against the bill on all fronts--opposing the amnesty funding, the pork laden riders, and the campaign finance rider.

Among those Tea Party Republicans who voted against the CR-Omnibus were retiring Representative Michelle Bachmann (R-MN), Representative Steve King (R-IA), Representative Justin Amash (R-MI), and Representative Scott DesJarlais (R-TN.)

Senator-elect Tom Cotton (R-AR) cast one of his final votes as a member of the House in opposition to the CR-Omnibus.

Newly elected Representative Dave Brat (R-VA), who also won an election to fill out the term of the establishment Republican he upset in the June Republican primary, former Representative Eric Cantor (R-VA), cast one of his first votes as a member of Congress against the bill.

The bill now goes to the Senate, where it is expected to pass some time next week.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of the Tea Party Patriots, isn't wasting any time. Minutes after the House passed a controversial omnibus spending bill, she tweeted: "Speaker Boehner & House GOP leadership have found a way to needlessly squander political capital, after being handed a historic majority."

They were not "handed" anything.  They faught tooth and nail against the Tea Party and Jenny Beth Martin.  Get a real job Jenny.  You suck at comedy.

Oceander

Let's hope they don't "remember" so hard they end up giving victories to democrats.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Let's hope they don't "remember" so hard they end up giving victories to democrats.

You mean like Dole, McCain and Romney did?

:chairbang:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They were not "handed" anything.  They faught tooth and nail against the Tea Party and Jenny Beth Martin.  Get a real job Jenny.  You suck at comedy.

And YOU aren't worthy to carry Jenny Beth Martin's dirty socks! IMHO of course!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
“It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. It is better to stand alone with the truth, than to be wrong with a multitude.”

Adrian Rogers

He was right as well!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
“It is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. It is better to stand alone with the truth, than to be wrong with a multitude.”

Adrian Rogers

He was right as well!

We don't stand alone Bigun - that's what terrifies them so much!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Exactly right Alice!  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And YOU aren't worthy to carry Jenny Beth Martin's dirty socks! IMHO of course!

You do this a lot. More so lately.

You respond to other poster's negative commentaries on your political sacred cows with a personal insult.

Posts like the one above and others that you've been putting up lately cast a negative shadow on the forum in general.

They don't do you justice as a person either.

You need to stop that.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

The Ferguson protesters don't stand alone either.

Opposition isn't fear just as it isn't racism.

Criticism of political figures is a Constitutionally guaranteed right.

People who don't want to be criticized should stay out of politics.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:42:53 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You do this a lot. More so lately.

You respond to other poster's negative commentaries on your political sacred cows with a personal insult.

Posts like the one above and others that you've been putting up lately cast a negative shadow on the forum in general.

They don't do you justice as a person either.

You need to stop that.

You are entitled to you're opinions! Please excuse me If I don't share them!

The person I posted to has a long history of excoriating the TEA party with impunity. I'm sick of it and will tolerate it no longer.

If I'm out of line Myst or R4 will let me know and I'll move on.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:55:32 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
As far as I'm concerned anyone is free to say whatever they like about anything they like on this forum but they should never think that they can do that without being responded to in kind!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You are entitled to you're opinions! Please excuse me If I don't share them!

The person I posted to has a long history of excoriating the TEA party with impunity. I'm sick of it and will tolerate it no longer.

If I'm out of line Myst or R4 will let me know and I'll move on.

Myst won't throw you out. You and I both know that.

That doesn't make what you're doing right, nor are you doing right by myst and the forum.

When did you become the TEA Party's enforcer?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
As far as I'm concerned anyone is free to say whatever they like about anything they like on this forum but they should never think that they can do that without being responded to in kind!

The problem is that you then take that to personal level and that's why most people left TOS and came here to begin with.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Myst won't throw you out. You and I both know that.

That doesn't make what you're doing right, nor are you doing right by myst and the forum.

When did you become the TEA Party's enforcer?

What gives you the right to tell me that I'm not doing right by myst or the forum? Who made you the enforcer?

No one made me a TEA party enforcer nor do I clam the title but I fully intend to fully express my PERSONAL opinions, regardless of who does or doesn't like them, until I am informed by the management that they are no longer welcome? 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The problem is that you then take that to personal level and that's why most people left TOS and came here to begin with.

You assume that I take it personally. That in no way makes it true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You assume that I take it personally. That in no way makes it true!

I don't have to assume that you make it personal. I just read your responses.

As a British guy I once knew used to say in his forum, attack the ball, not the man.

When you respond to a post from sink that you don't agree with by telling him to go "piss up a rope" that's making it personal.

When you respond to me because you don't agree with my post by telling me that I haven't a clue about how government is supposed to work but not bothering to say why you think so, that's making it personal.

And when you respond to a post that you don't like about a political Party by commenting about the poster's ability to carry socks, that's making it personal.

You're doing must and the forum a disservice.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I don't have to assume that you make it personal. I just read your responses.

As a British guy I once knew used to say in his forum, attack the ball, not the man.

When you respond to a post from sink that you don't agree with by telling him to go "piss up a rope" that's making it personal.

When you respond to me because you don't agree with my post by telling me that I haven't a clue about how government is supposed to work but not bothering to say why you think so, that's making it personal.

And when you respond to a post that you don't like about a political Party by commenting about the poster's ability to carry socks, that's making it personal.

You're doing must and the forum a disservice.

I clearly understand that YOU think that! I hope you can just as clearly understand that I disagree with you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
They "remember" their paradigm of making money, and lick their lips with 162 targets for their primary business opportunity.

Mary Beth and Richard are professional political campaign fundraisers. They make commissions on the amount raised, and then again on the amount for advertisements placed, win or lose.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
They "remember" their paradigm of making money, and lick their lips with 162 targets for their primary business opportunity.

Mary Beth and Richard are professional political campaign fundraisers. They make commissions on the amount raised, and then again on the amount for advertisements placed, win or lose.

Can you prove that either one makes a dime off of their TEA party activities beyond perhaps being reimbursed for some of their expenses? I'll wait!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Can you prove that either one makes a dime off of their TEA party activities beyond perhaps being reimbursed for some of their expenses? I'll wait!
No I can't "prove" it. Simply stated, it is how the business has worked all along. On both party's sides.

Not just Tea Party organizations, but all political organizations. There is good money there, and great money at the top of the biggest ones.

Jim Demint left elected office to make more money. Bachman is doing so now, in my opinion. She probably would lose her seat in the next election, but she is just right for these niche fundraising entities.

Richard Vigurie, Karl Rove, Sal Russo just to name a few, along with Mary Beth etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No I can't "prove" it. Simply stated, it is how the business has worked all along. On both party's sides.

Not just Tea Party organizations, but all political organizations. There is good money there, and great money at the top of the biggest ones.

Jim Demint left elected office to make more money. Bachman is doing so now, in my opinion. She probably would lose her seat in the next election, but she is just right for these niche fundraising entities.

Richard Vigurie, Karl Rove, Sal Russo just to name a few, along with Mary Beth etc.

That's what I thought. You don't know that whatever they do on behalf of their organizations is completely pro bono. They are only reimbursed their expenses.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
That's what I thought. You don't know that whatever they do on behalf of their organizations is completely pro bono. They are only reimbursed their expenses.

You expect others to provide facts and figures to prove their assertions while you steadfastly refuse to do the same to back yours up.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

"As chairwoman of the super PAC, Martin sets her own $15,000 monthly fee for strategic consulting. She also draws a salary as president of the Tea Party Patriots’ nonprofit arm, getting more than $272,000 in the 2012 fiscal year, according to the group’s most recent tax filing, putting her on track to make more than $450,000 in 2014." - http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tea-party-pacs-reap-money-for-midterms-but-spend-little-on-candidates/2014/04/26/0e52919a-cbd6-11e3-a75e-463587891b57_story.html