Author Topic: GOP Leadership Allied with Obama on Spending Bill Dems Oppose by Keith Koffler  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/12/11/gop-leadership-allied-obama-spending-bill-dems-oppose/

GOP Leadership Allied with Obama on Spending Bill Dems Oppose

by Keith Koffler on December 11, 2014, 3:18 pm

Do you want to know where Republican leaders are today? In bed with the White House, and enjoying every minute of it.

The House Republican leadership is desperate to pass a massive $1 trillion spending bill before the clock runs out on government funding at midnight. Obama wants it too. Conservatives hate it because it says nothing about the worst presidential power grab anyone can remember, the unilateral amnesty.

Pretty bad omen for next year, don’t you think?

Meanwhile, many liberal Democrats despise the bill because Elizabeth Warren has them all worked up about provisions that loosens campaign finance and banking regulations. Nancy Pelosi pronounced herself “enormously disappointed” with the administration.

The bill has one sop for conservatives, extending funding for the Department of Homeland Security into February, when supposedly Republican leaders will lead the charge on their white horses to de-fund the executive order. Amazingly, Obama has accepted this. Plus the Wall Street and campaign finance stuff. And I’ll tell you exactly why.

Now, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest went through a bunch of mumbo jumbo today about the bill being good enough because it does not damage Obamacare, which is true, or Obama’s immigration fiat, or his climate change agenda, while it funds his Ebola response, his new Iraq war, and other things, and that we must avoid a shutdown for the good of the economy.

Now, when did Obama start worrying about government shutdowns and the economy?

I’ll tell you what he’s worried about. He’s worried about his Hawaii Christmas vacation.

Budget fights have mucked up a couple of his trips, forcing him to leave late and even one year return midway through and probably miss some golf. (Don’t worry, he went all the way back to Hawaii to finish the vacation, at taxpayer’s expense.) But during the seventh year of his presidency, when he’s already imagining himself spending his afternoons watching soap operas, this is just not gonna happen.

You think I’m kidding? Let me tell you the other half of this equation: Boehner likes his golf too. Members of Congress hate to be in Washington during Christmas. They need five weeks off around holiday time, just like average Americans.

So the White House today is furiously lobbying Democrats - something it never does – to try to array them in an unholy alliance with Republican squishies to get the bill through.

And Republicans will miss a chance to have a showdown with Obama over his amnesty fiat at the moment he is weakest – tired, sick of it, and hoping to get away to palm trees and paradise on earth.

Oh, and instead of waiting until January to pass this monstrosity, when Republicans will be in charge of both the House and the Senate, America gets a full year of funding prescribed in part by the Senate’s vanquished Democrats.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There you have it..Boehner allied with Obama who the Repubs pledge to stop and the American voters fell for it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There you have it..Boehner allied with Obama who the Repubs pledge to stop and the American voters fell for it...

Again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I know that posture from each of them. I have seen this before.

Those dudes are about to start kissing and making-out. I love you Johnny. I love you too Bambi...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.