Author Topic: Survey: Hillary Clinton too liberal for most voters  (Read 506 times)

rangerrebew

Survey: Hillary Clinton too liberal for most voters
« on: December 10, 2014, 03:47:56 pm »

Survey: Hillary Clinton too liberal for most voters

By Paul Bedard  | December 8, 2014 | 10:39 am

Hillary Clinton has a new problem as she tries to tiptoe away from her former boss’ liberal policies and lay claim to her husband’s crown as ruler of the centrist Democrats.

According to a new survey of how voters view her politics, the former architect of Bill Clinton’s failed plan to nationalize healthcare, the one-time New York senator and President Obama’s first secretary of state is viewed as a true-blue lefty.

Pollster David Winston provided Secrets with his latest analysis that included his trademark political sliding scale that for the first time tested the public’s opinion of Clinton’s political pulse.

He found that on a scale of 1 for liberal to 9 for conservative, voters put Clinton at 3.6, to the left of the House Democratic Caucus and just shy of Obama’s 3.37, the most liberal on the chart.

Voters put themselves at a right-of-center 5.79, a yawning 2 points away from Clinton. Even independents registered to the right of the middle, at 5.56.

“Looking at 2016, the ideological spectrum should [be] concerning for Democrats, especially the likely front-runner Hillary Clinton. The good news for her is voters put her to the right of President Obama. The bad news for her is voters put her significantly to the left of where they put themselves ideologically,” Winston said.

And, he added, it could be especially bad if the election is a fight over liberal versus conservative policies, not personalities, where her “charisma” could parry GOP slaps.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/survey-hillary-clinton-too-liberal-for-most-voters/article/2557086
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:48:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Online libertybele

Re: Survey: Hillary Clinton too liberal for most voters
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:10:22 pm »
Well, that's certainly great news as Wigwam Warren is even more liberal.  That's would mean neither would stand a chance against a true conservative. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 06:14:12 pm »
Well, that's certainly great news as Wigwam Warren is even more liberal.  That's would mean neither would stand a chance against a true conservative.

Uh oh! Prepare to be assaulted! You have spoken that which shall not be spoken!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:30:10 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 10:00:56 am »

Welcome in, 'bele.  :laugh:

Good news if true, indeed. I'm going to hold fire on it being good news - Hillary knows how to handle the media. Pretty sure she is not going to run in '16, but will look like she is to draw fire from whoever is chosen by the Dems - and I think the eventual candidate will be a bit of a surprise to the pundits. The Dems don't really have a decent bench right now, they NEED 4 years out of power to let the Repubs make the hard choices and do the heavy lifting in starting to put things right (which is going to be hella unpopular, no matter what) and to distance themselves completely from the mess the Worm has made of their brand.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 01:36:19 pm »
Welcome in, 'bele.  :laugh:

Good news if true, indeed. I'm going to hold fire on it being good news - Hillary knows how to handle the media. Pretty sure she is not going to run in '16, but will look like she is to draw fire from whoever is chosen by the Dems - and I think the eventual candidate will be a bit of a surprise to the pundits. The Dems don't really have a decent bench right now, they NEED 4 years out of power to let the Repubs make the hard choices and do the heavy lifting in starting to put things right (which is going to be hella unpopular, no matter what) and to distance themselves completely from the mess the Worm has made of their brand.

As usual Bro you and I are on the exact same page!  Hillary will NOT be the Democrat candidate in 2016 and neither will Elizabeth Warren!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien