Author Topic: OBAMA TELLS BET: RACISM 'DEEPLY ROOTED' IN U.S.  (Read 900 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OBAMA TELLS BET: RACISM 'DEEPLY ROOTED' IN U.S.
« on: December 07, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/07/Obama-Racism-Deeply-Rooted-in-U-S

by WILLIAM BIGELOW  7 Dec 2014, 9:56 AM PDT

Playing the race card more overtly than ever before, Barack Obama told Black Entertainment Television that racism is “deeply rooted” in the United States.

In Obama’s interview, which will be broadcast Monday evening, he intoned, “This is something that is deeply rooted in our society, it’s deeply rooted in our history. When you’re dealing with something as deeply rooted as racism or bias… you’ve got to have vigilance but you have to recognize that it’s going to take some time, and you just have to be steady so you don’t give up when we don’t get all the way there.” He warned, “This isn’t going to be solved overnight.”

Aware that his charge of racism might turn a few heads, Obama used the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner to add: “As painful as these incidents are, we can’t equate what is happening now to what was happening 50 years ago. If you talk to your grandparents, parents, uncles, they’ll tell you that things are better — not good, in some cases, but better. We have to be persistent, because typically progress is in steps. It’s in increments.”

Obama’s latest statement follows repeated allusions to racism in the United States:

Obama, January 2014: “There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black President.”

Obama, January 2012: “Everything we fought for during the last election is at stake in this election. The very core of what this country stands for is on the line — the basic promise that no matter what you look like, no matter where you come from, this is a place where you could make it if you try.”

After the arrest of Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr., in 2009: “there is a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact.”

Even Bill Clinton once accused Obama of playing the race card, in 2008: "I think that they played the race card on me. And we now know, from memos from the campaign and everything that they planned to do it all along. I was stating a fact, and it’s still a fact."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: OBAMA TELLS BET: RACISM 'DEEPLY ROOTED' IN U.S.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »
It sure is. It is rooted in his White House and all his pals. Sadly all his pals are in power in the fed gov and media.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:01:34 pm »
My grief is that we have stopped making progress because these race-baiting punks, Obama and Holder, have labeled everything 'racist' for their own political gain.

Recreating 68 is going to take a heavy toll on American race relations, and the people responsible are the two powerful African-American leaders who are in office, directly due to the great progress we HAVE made as a country.

I HATE what they are doing to America.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 07:03:32 pm »
My grief is that we have stopped making progress because these race-baiting punks, Obama and Holder, have labeled everything 'racist' for their own political gain.

Recreating 68 is going to take a heavy toll on American race relations, and the people responsible are the two powerful African-American leaders who are in office, directly due to the great progress we HAVE made as a country.

I HATE what they are doing to America.

Obama and Holder have PURPOSELY set race relations in the U. S. back fifty years!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:32:45 pm »
Obama and Holder have PURPOSELY set race relations in the U. S. back fifty years!

I absolutely agree, Bigun.  Absolutely.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »
Not to mention destroying this country for fifty years as well when they are done.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 10:45:56 pm »
If you have Netflix, look for a film documentary (about the FAME recording studio) Muscle Shoals, Alabama.

Great quality filming and visuals, lots of interesting music history, and quite an optimistic piece, on race relations in the music industry.

The list of artists that have recorded there, is really impressive.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln