Author Topic: Something Sick Is Happening  (Read 487 times)

rangerrebew

Something Sick Is Happening
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:27:50 pm »

Ben Stein's Diary

Something Sick Is Happening

For starters, who is Al Sharpton to charge anyone with police brutality?

By Ben Stein – 12.5.14

A few humble thoughts about the recent anger and disturbances in New York and elsewhere about alleged police brutality.

1. The crowds in Gotham were tiny. Hundreds at most. Maybe a few thousand for a while. But the MSM is going crazy as if it were a major event.

Your ancient correspondent remembers walking in anti-war demonstrations in Fun City, where I now am, where there were millions. These demonstrations are peanuts.

2. But they are mostly peaceful and that is a triumph. A genuine victory for America and decency.

3. You get a good idea of what’s going on if I tell you that I was at the Harvard Club for most of the evening and it was totally silent, with the usual collection of eccentrics. Then I went to the Yale Club, where the University of Virginia was having a wild, loud party in the lounge, with many UVA co-eds or alums in super-high bad-girl heels.

Both clubs are near supposed major loci of demonstrations, but you could not tell it from what I saw — which was nothing.

This tells you nothing about police behavior but a lot about how much the beautiful people care about it.

3. Al Sharpton is leading a march on Washington next week for Civil Rights. Al Sharpton, who repeatedly called my dear friend, Linda Fairstein, Deputy DA of Manhattan, “Jew bitch.” So I am told.

From Martin Luther King, Jr. to Al Sharpton. In 51 years. From a lion to a weasel. Tragic.

4. The basic premise of the spoiled selfies who play dead is that they are morally superior to the Cops. Let’s see… demonstrators play video games, ball, strike poses.

Cops risk their lives for strangers every hour of every day. One hundred were killed in the line of duty last year. Yes, they make mistakes. They are not perfect. A few persons die who should not have died. But roughly 10,000 nonwhites were killed by each other last year. Yet there are no protests against the Crips and the Bloods and the policemen’s names are mud. The gangstas are heroes. The heroes are gangstas.

Something sick is happening.

The American Spectator Foundation is the 501(c)(3) organization responsible for publishing The American Spectator magazine and training aspiring journalists who espouse traditional American values. Your contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Each donor receives a year-end summary of their giving for tax purposes.

Copyright 2013, The American Spectator. All rights reserved.

Source URL: http://spectator.org/articles/61165/something-sick-happening