Author Topic: INVESTIGATION: Lena Dunham ‘Raped by a Republican’ Story in Bestseller Collapses Under Scrutiny  (Read 1386 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/12/03/investigation-lena-dunhams-republican-rapist-story-falls-apart-under-scrutiny

by John Nolte 4 Dec 2014, 4:26 AM PDT

In her just-released memoir, Not That Kind of Girl, Lena Dunham describes her alma mater, Oberlin College, as "a liberal arts haven in the cornfields of Ohio."  After a month-long investigation that included more than a dozen interviews, a trip to the Oberlin campus, and hours spent poring through the Oberlin College archives, her description of the campus remains the only detail Breitbart News was able to verify in Dunham's story of being raped by a campus Republican named Barry.

On top of the name Barry, which Dunham does not identify as a pseudonym (more on the importance of this below), Dunham drops close to a dozen specific clues about the identity of the man she alleges raped her as a 19 year-old student. Some of the details are personality traits like his being a “poor loser” at poker. Other details are quite specific. For instance, Dunham informs us her rapist sported a flamboyant mustache, worked at the campus library, and even names the radio talk show he hosted.

To be sure we get the point, on three occasions Dunham tells her readers that her attacker is a Republican or a conservative, and a prominent one at that -- no less than the "campus's resident conservative."

For weeks, and to no avail, using phone and email and online searches, Breitbart News was able to verify just one of these details. Like everyone else interested, we immediately found that there indeed was a prominent Republican named Barry who attended Oberlin at the time in question.

Whatever her motives, Dunham is pointing her powerful finger at this man. But as you will read in the details below, the facts do not point back at him. Not even close. This man is by all accounts (including his own) innocent.

Nonetheless, even though she is aware of the suspicion she placed this man under, to our knowledge, Dunham has yet to clear his name.

To be sure we weren't overlooking anything, Breitbart News then took the added step of visiting the Oberlin campus in Ohio during the very cold week just before Thanksgiving. Here we interviewed a number of Oberlin staffers and students. Most were pleasant and helpful. Some less so. One adamantly refused access to documents and told us outright that it didn't matter if Dunham was telling the truth.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Shocking, just shocking I tell ya!  A rabid left wingers story is suspect. Just knock me over with a feather I say!!!   :smokin:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Shocking, just shocking I tell ya!  A rabid left wingers story is suspect. Just knock me over with a feather I say!!!   :smokin:

All they know how to do is LIE!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

Sorry, but I'm sure she wishes a non-pajama-boy type man could get an erection over her.   :whistle:

And he "jammed his finger into her vagina"??  Maybe she's recalling what she did to her sister.   :3:

Online mountaineer

Sorry, but I'm sure she wishes a non-pajama-boy type man could get an erection over her.   :whistle:
I'm not sure what kind of man could possibly have such a reaction to her exquisite loveliness.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm not sure what kind of man could possibly have such a reaction to her exquisite loveliness.
An ugly woman, inside and out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
As a complete aside - avoid the book like the plague. It is truly terrible.

Myrle - you are more right than you know, from her own words. Shallow, vapid, insecure, demanding to be the center of attention, unoriginal - basically she's "participation culture" refined to it's ultimate.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

Nicely phrased, EC.   :beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org