Author Topic: Elizabeth Lauten resigns: Republican aide steps down after 'offensive' comments about President Obama's daughters  (Read 2160 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/elizabeth-lauten-resigns-republican-aide-steps-down-after-offensive-comments-about-president-obamas-daughters-9896048.html

LIZZIE DEARDEN   Monday 01 December 2014

An aide to a Republican congressman has announced her resignation after provoking outrage with comments telling Barack Obama’s daughters to show “a little class”.

Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Tennessee representative Steve Fincher, wrote a diatribe against Sasha and Malia Obama on her Facebook page on Thursday.

She criticised the teenagers after their appearance with the President at a traditional “turkey pardoning” ceremony ahead of Thanksgiving at the White House.

Several commentators reported humorously on the expressions of Malia, 16, and Sasha, 13, but Ms Lauten attacked them and their parents.

"Dear Sasha and Malia: I get you're both in those awful teen years, but you're a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play," she wrote in a Facebook post that has since been deleted.

"Then again, our mother and father don't respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I'm guessing you're coming up a little short in the 'good role model' department."

The post told the girls to "rise to the occasion" and "act like being in the White House matters to you."

"Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don't make faces during televised, public events," she concluded.

President Barack Obama's daughters Sasha and Malia (R) join their father after the pardoning of the National Thanksgiving Turkey

The post soon went viral, with many critics calling for Ms Lauten’s dismissal, and she later apologised for “quickly judging” the teenagers.

But on Monday she told NBC News she was resigning from her job and from the Republican party.

A petition on Change.org calling for her to be sacked for the “extremely offensive” posts had more than 4,000 signatures by the time she resigned.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I agree with what Ms. Lauten said.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:40:52 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

Leave kids alone.  Did this Lauten chick really have nothing better to do over the holidays than to trash Obama's girls?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

But you didn't arrogantly post it for the rest of the world to see.  Some things are best left unspoken.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Actually, I think both of the girls were dressed very nicely and appropriate....according to photos.

Furthermore, they're teenagers.  So, their lack of interest in a stupid, annual Turkey Pardon can be understood.

What concerns me and should concern us all is that practicing 'Freedom of Speech' is suddenly a 'crime' which can cost people their jobs and careers.

No wonder the MSM carries the Administration's water.   They're scared and in full-blown retreat.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Leave kids alone.  Did this Lauten chick really have nothing better to do over the holidays than to trash Obama's girls?

Agreed!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Just another distraction.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

So do I.
She said nothing wrong.

Offline PzLdr

If they want the kids left alone, don't use 'em as props. Especially snotty props.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline PzLdr

But you didn't arrogantly post it for the rest of the world to see.  Some things are best left unspoken.

So Ms. Lauten can't post things on social media because she's a Congressional aide? And because it offends Il Douche and his minions?Fascinating
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline olde north church

So Ms. Lauten can't post things on social media because she's a Congressional aide? And because it offends Il Douche and his minions?Fascinating

They didn't have any problem attacking Trig Palin, did they?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

They didn't have any problem attacking Trig Palin, did they?

Their offensive behavior viz. kids doesn't justify or excuse doing the same to Obuttocks' kids.

Offline PzLdr

Their offensive behavior viz. kids doesn't justify or excuse doing the same to Obuttocks' kids.

Couldn't disagree with you more. When you take the high ground with Liberals you often wind up with the same view Custer had. I prefer Sean Connery's approach in  "The Untouchables". These people should be slapped down hard. Every time. Any time. Any reason.