Author Topic: Republicans: Media firestorm over criticism of Obama daughters ‘appalling’  (Read 520 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/225557-republicans-media-firestorm-over-criticism-of-obama-daughters

December 01, 2014, 07:54 am
Republicans: Media firestorm over criticism of Obama daughters ‘appalling’
By Justin Sink

The media’s coverage of a controversial Facebook post by a Republican congressional aide criticizing the Obama daughters has been “appalling,” the top spokesman for the Republican National Committee said Monday.

Sean Spicer, the communications director for the RNC, tweeted Monday that “children, especially the first daughters, are off limits.”
But Spicer suggested the media firestorm around Elizabeth Lauten’s remarks was driven by partisanship and unfair.

“While the comments were inappropriate and insensitive, the mainstream media’s coverage of this story is appalling,” Spicer. “In over 20 years in politics I have never seen one of the countless inappropriate comments by Democrats ever covered a faction of this.”

Lauten, the communications director for Rep. Steven Fincher (R-Tenn.), drew widespread criticism when she blasted the Sasha and Malia Obama for their eye-rolling during the annual Thanksgiving turkey pardon.

"Dear Sasha and Malia, I get your both in those awful teen years but you're a part of the First Family. Try showing a little class,” she wrote on Facebook. “At least respect the part you play. Then again, your mother and father don't respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I'm guessing you're coming up a little short in the 'good role model' department."

Lauten also sounded off on the first daughters’ outfits.

"Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot in a bar,” she added.

Lauten has apologized for her comments in a post to her Facebook page.

"After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents, and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly just how hurtful my words were,” she said. “Please know, those judgmental feelings truly have no place in my heart.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Why would this surprise anyone?  They are desperately looking for anything they can use to distract people from what Obuttocks is actually doing and to smear republicans, and stupid tricks like this play right into their hands.  The MSM's double standard is unfair, but it exists nonetheless and while we shouldn't cower in fear of it, neither should we be throwing them juicy but meaningless bones.