Author Topic: Liberal Says It’s a “Crime” for Latinos and the Catholic Church to be Against Euthanasia  (Read 399 times)

rangerrebew

Liberal Says It’s a “Crime” for Latinos and the Catholic Church to be Against Euthanasia

By Onan Coca   / 21 November 2014   / 34 Comments   

Another day, another silly liberal spouting off about things they know nothing about.

Anita Freeman is an “assisted suicide advocate” whose sister died of cancer. Because of her horrible experience having to watch her sister’s slow death, she has decided that suicide is always morally acceptable. On MSNBC with Lawrence O’Donnell she recently said this, “You have a very strong Catholic base here in California. It's a very high Latino population, and they seem to go with [the] Catholic religion. And, as I'm sure you know, the Vatican...has disapproved of what Brittany did, and has called it reprehensible, which is – that is a crime, in my opinion – because until you've experienced and been in a room with a loved one that is enduring just unbearable pain – it is the only humane thing to do – is to let them choose, if that's what they want, to go to sleep peacefully…”

(This is actually the basic argument I run across often on moral issues. For example – when I argue against abortion, gay marriage, suicide, etc. – the response I hear most is… “I have a relative/friend/associate who… is gay/has had an abortion/was sick with a terminal disease…”)

care not killFolks, those personal anecdotes should make you more empathetic to the person or sympathetic to their situation – but it DOESN’T make the action any less immoral.

We can weep with the sick, hold the hand of the dying and pray for healing… but we are not gods and we do not have the moral authority to take life simply because we are able. My heart breaks for the pain suffered by Ms. Freeman and her family because of the vicious cancer that took her sister and I should do all I can to help others who are suffering through similar situations… we all should.

Killing an innocent person is never right. Killing a “guilty” person is never within our authority either. Euthanasia will lead us down a very dangerous moral road – the nations of Europe are our example. They’ve gone from assisted suicide for terminal and debilitating illness to now allowing children to commit suicide (I kid you not – it’s happening in Belgium and the Netherlands.) Most of Europe also allows adults to commit suicide (and to be aided in that endeavor) whenever they feel depressed enough to do so.

ANITA FREEMAN, ASSISTED SUICIDE ADVOCATE: You have a very strong Catholic base here in California. It's a very high Latino population, and they seem to go with [the] Catholic religion. And, as I'm sure you know, the Vatican...has disapproved of what Brittany did, and has called it reprehensible, which is – that is a crime, in my opinion – because until you've experienced and been in a room with a loved one that is enduring just unbearable pain – it is the only humane thing to do – is to let them choose, if that's what they want, to go to sleep peacefully. So, why in California – we, as a very liberal state, have not enacted it – well, we're going to change that. We are putting together – and I am very active in trying to get it in front of the mayors and – and get – get something done here.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/11690/liberal-says-crime-latinos-catholic-church-euthanasia/#hKMUclKhuH21V5Gy.99