Author Topic: FOX News’ Judge Napolitano: Impeachment Is The Only “Legal Remedy” To President Obama’s Executive Amnesty  (Read 1487 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://radio.foxnews.com/2014/11/20/fox-news-judge-napolitano-impeachment-is-the-only-legal-remedy-to-president-obamas-executive-amnesty/

If President Obama grants executive amnesty to an unknown millions of Americans, there’s only one way Republicans can stop him — impeachment.

That’s at least according to FOX News Senior Judicial Analyst Judge Napolitano, who argues congress has very few tools when it comes to stopping the President’s plan. Which is why he thinks the politically-risky option of impeachment may be the only option for the GOP.

On Thursday’s show, the Judge told FOX News Radio’s Tom Sullivan why the President may have to resort to such extreme measures. He says, while Presidents do have right to practice prosecutorial discretion when it comes to immigration, Obama’s proposed actions risk nullifying the law altogether. And that’s going too far.

As he also discusses in his new book, “Suicide Pact: The Radical Expansion of Presidential Powers and the Lethal Threat to American Liberty”, Judge Napolitano went on to explain why President Obama’s plan goes far beyond the executive actions taken by prior presidents. He also warns these Presidential power grabs will only encourage successors to strengthen the executive branch and erode our freedoms.

audio at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Do you think Pelosi will read the Judge's book??  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Everybody!

LET THAT SINK IN.......
:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Everybody!

LET THAT SINK IN.......
:whistle:

Oh It's sunk in!  The PROBLEM is that the current GOP leadership in Washington lacks both the gonads to begin and the skill to carry out that process!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I like the judge very much, and as an evolving libertarian I take Judge Napolitano's point of view very seriously.

Depending on what Barry does tonight I may have to change my mind on impeachment.

Offline katzenjammer

Oh It's sunk in!  The PROBLEM is that the current GOP leadership in Washington lacks both the gonads to begin and the skill to carry out that process!

That is exactly the conclusion that I came to (described it in another thread recently) that I came to after presenting my "case" to my 'better katz' the other evening.  I have faith in:
- the legal minds of Constitutional Conservatives (and even other Constitutionalists that may not be 'Conservative') to develop a sufficient and bullet-proof case for Impeachment,
- the voices, ingenuity, and heart of Constitutional Conservatives to plan and mount the 'mother of all PR campaigns' to get the word out,
- the American people (to wake up enough and respond to the truth, and demand that their Senators vote to Convict, regardless of if they wear an "R" or "D" label), and,
- the greed & self interest of enough Senators (again, regardless of if they wear an "R" or "D" label) to listen to the demands of their constituents, as their only hope of staying on the gravy train of power & money is to get re-elected.

But, sadly the one necessary element in the mix that I have absolutely NO confidence in, is the so called 'Republican Leadership' to see it through.  And, IMO, the problem isn't skill, brain power, or confidence; it is because they do not want to do it. They do not want to uphold the Oaths sworn.  They do not believe that the Republic is worth saving, certainly not if it may cost them personally.  It is really as simple (and terribly sad) as that!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That is exactly the conclusion that I came to (described it in another thread recently) that I came to after presenting my "case" to my 'better katz' the other evening.  I have faith in:
- the legal minds of Constitutional Conservatives (and even other Constitutionalists that may not be 'Conservative') to develop a sufficient and bullet-proof case for Impeachment,
- the voices, ingenuity, and heart of Constitutional Conservatives to plan and mount the 'mother of all PR campaigns' to get the word out,
- the American people (to wake up enough and respond to the truth, and demand that their Senators vote to Convict, regardless of if they wear an "R" or "D" label), and,
- the greed & self interest of enough Senators (again, regardless of if they wear an "R" or "D" label) to listen to the demands of their constituents, as their only hope of staying on the gravy train of power & money is to get re-elected.

But, sadly the one necessary element in the mix that I have absolutely NO confidence in, is the so called 'Republican Leadership' to see it through.  And, IMO, the problem isn't skill, brain power, or confidence; it is because they do not want to do it. They do not want to uphold the Oaths sworn.  They do not believe that the Republic is worth saving, certainly not if it may cost them personally.  It is really as simple (and terribly sad) as that!

Eloquently stated Katz!

BRAVO!!!   :patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

I like the judge very much, and as an evolving libertarian I take Judge Napolitano's point of view very seriously.

Depending on what Barry does tonight I may have to change my mind on impeachment.

I'm not an evolving libertarian, but Barry's actions tonight could change my mind about impeachment as well.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't need to "change my mind" about what needs to be done. I've been posting about that for some time now.

I find it -- well -- amusin' that folks here who may have previously pooh-poohed the posts I've been putting up, are now talkin' with more grit in their teeth than me!

That's ok ... so long as you come to the same frame of mind that I'm in.
All you have do is a little visualizin' ....

That wasn't so hard, was it ??

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think the majority of Americans do NOT desire to go through an impeachment proceeding.

I think further, that a majority of voters from the recent midterm elections, do NOT desire to go through impeachment proceedings.

If you have information which contradicts my thought above, I would like to see it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I believe there have to be at least FIVE Democrat Senators who today, is wondering if they should change parties.  Or, at a minimum, vote with the Republicans against everything Obama. They'd be folk heroes back home.

They could be heroes in American history. Shutting out the Democrats...repealing Obamacare with a stroke of a pen.  Businesses boom, America celebrates!  Capitalism is back.  There's no way a half decent candidate would lose to Clinton.

I honestly believe Obama has jumped the shark tonight.  Sense a disturbance in the Force.  The optimism is refreshing.

It CAN be done.

Have Clint Eastwood speak to them.   :laugh:  Or Lt.Daniel Kaffee imitating Jerry Maquire "...who's coming with me"?

I'll settle for Tony Robbins with his A game.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I believe there have to be at least FIVE Democrat Senators who today, is wondering if they should change parties.  Or, at a minimum, vote with the Republicans against everything Obama. They'd be folk heroes back home.

They could be heroes in American history. Shutting out the Democrats...repealing Obamacare with a stroke of a pen.  Businesses boom, America celebrates!  Capitalism is back.  There's no way a half decent candidate would lose to Clinton.

I honestly believe Obama has jumped the shark tonight.  Sense a disturbance in the Force.  The optimism is refreshing.

It CAN be done.

Have Clint Eastwood speak to them.   :laugh:  Or Lt.Daniel Kaffee imitating Jerry Maquire "...who's coming with me"?

I hope you're right DC.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Obama gave a wonderful speech last night. Brimming with laudable sentiments. It sounded historic ... to people like Jonathan Alter.

But, to a growing list of Americans what he said sounded suspiciously like, "if you like your country, you can keep your country."

I didn't buy it one bit.

Offline alicewonders

Obama gave a wonderful speech last night. Brimming with laudable sentiments. It sounded historic ... to people like Jonathan Alter.

But, to a growing list of Americans what he said sounded suspiciously like, "if you like your country, you can keep your country."

I didn't buy it one bit.

Me neither AC.  I'll tell you what I noticed tonight after his speech, my liberal friends on Facebook were unusually sensitive and insulting.  Is saw a couple of unfriendings due solely to someone criticizing Obama - calling the criticism "racist".  This from people that had previously been pretty civil and loving.  Very very sensitive tonight!   In fact, I've never seen them like that before!

Offline olde north church

It CAN be done.

You know what?  Let them start.  Wasn't it Republicans who went to Nixon?  No one gets off the hook!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

Me neither AC.  I'll tell you what I noticed tonight after his speech, my liberal friends on Facebook were unusually sensitive and insulting.  Is saw a couple of unfriendings due solely to someone criticizing Obama - calling the criticism "racist".  This from people that had previously been pretty civil and loving.  Very very sensitive tonight!   In fact, I've never seen them like that before!

I wonder if that indicates that they know their god has crossed an uncrossable line, and rather than being civil about him, they lashed out emotionally......

Offline Relic

It CAN be done.

You and I see the same string of events in very different ways. What I see is Obama kicked the GOP’s collective butt. Obama isn’t the smartest man in the room, but he is a trained and cunning subversive.

Obama has turned the tables on the GOP victory. Obama has killed the GOP momentum, and fueled the GOP infighting.

The Chamber of Commerce got what they wanted. The Democrats got what they wanted. And, as usual, the average American got screwed.

This is the pivotal point. The GOP is poised to become irrelevant. I’m not smart enough to know what they can, or should do, but they are one foot in the grave, and the other on a banana peel.

Offline olde north church

The Chamber of Commerce got what they wanted. 

Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

I wonder if that indicates that they know their god has crossed an uncrossable line, and rather than being civil about him, they lashed out emotionally......

These are people that I know pretty well, and I've never seen them so ....so "hysterical".  Unfriending someone for criticizing Obama?  These same people have just ignored or fired back comments before to Obama's detractors - last night, they were out for blood!  Angrier than I've ever seen them - racism charges flying!

Something changed last night and the fight just got a lot more intense.  Blood is going to be shed.  Better buckle up - it's going to be a rough ride!

Offline musiclady

These are people that I know pretty well, and I've never seen them so ....so "hysterical".  Unfriending someone for criticizing Obama?  These same people have just ignored or fired back comments before to Obama's detractors - last night, they were out for blood!  Angrier than I've ever seen them - racism charges flying!

Something changed last night and the fight just got a lot more intense.  Blood is going to be shed.  Better buckle up - it's going to be a rough ride!

Couple last night's dictatorial decree with Ferguson, and I can see what you're talking about.......

Obama may just get the war he's been fomenting for 6 years.

Offline katzenjammer

Eloquently stated Katz!

BRAVO!!!   :patriot:

After further thought overnight....  what is our part in this if we collectively throw up our hands and in a sense just let them off of the hook?  Are we negligent for not even attempting to get them to uphold their sworn oaths?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
After further thought overnight....  what is our part in this if we collectively throw up our hands and in a sense just let them off of the hook?  Are we negligent for not even attempting to get them to uphold their sworn oaths?

Right again and I, for one, have no intention whatever of doing that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

Yes, we are.  WE the people - FOR the people - BY THE PEOPLE!  It is incumbent on us to uphold the Constitution of the United States.  We had better push them up against the wall and squeeze their wimpy little squishy balls until they do what we put them there to do!  THEY ARE NOT THE BOSS OF US!

We had better form a new "Tea Party" movement - only we have to learn the lessons that a fledgling movement has to learn.  We've got to organize, and most importantly - we need a leader - a figurehead to rally around.  We need to become full-fledged!