Author Topic: “I Do Solemnly Swear”...DW Ulsterman  (Read 422 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
“I Do Solemnly Swear”...DW Ulsterman
« on: November 20, 2014, 08:10:35 pm »
http://ulstermanbooks.com/solemnly-swear/

It is a remarkable thing that so few actually know the Oath of Office recited by every President of the United States. Here then is a quick refresher as the nation prepares to hear the current president openly violate that oath as he moves to grant amnesty to millions of illegals and create another immigration crisis the likes of which this country has not yet seen.

“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

By granting Executive Order amnesty without Congressional approval, Barack Obama is in direct violation of his oath of office.

Some in the media have stated Ronald Reagan did the same thing in the 1980’s. That is false.  Ronald Reagan signed legislation passed by Congress in 1986 that granted amnesty to illegals. Prior to that signing Congress reviewed the issue and crafted legislation and then sent it to the president for his signature. That is how the system is meant to work. That is how the Constitution requires it to work. Reagan, and later HW Bush, both clarified that original legislation to allow deferment to those children whose parents were awaiting processing under the new law. (The 1986 amnesty law was also signed by Reagan with assurances from the Democrats who then controlled Congress that border security would also be addressed. Surprise-surprise, it never was.)

That scenario is nothing like what Barack Obama is now doing as he is CREATING an entirely new law without Congressional input and/or approval. The Executive Branch is required to execute the Laws of the Land – NOT CREATE THEM. Such creation is akin to the powers of a monarchy, not a representative republic.

By granting amnesty to millions via Executive Order, Barack Obama is doing nothing to actually improve the immigration issue in America. He is worsening that issue considerably. Hundreds of thousands of hopeful illegals are at this very moment on their way toward the U.S./Mexico border, and after them, hundreds of thousands more are sure to follow. Within another year or two, millions more will reside inside the United States demanding their own amnesty, and if no real measures have been taken to secure the border, the immigration system will face total collapse and America will have become an “open borders” nation, which of course then blurs the line of being its own nation at all.

Republicans would do well to push for the kind of comprehensive immigration reform that a majority of Americans DO want.  A system that works far more quickly and efficiently, while also securing the border so that amnesty for millions is not a policy that is marched out every few years.  In 2015, such legislation should be crafted by the then Republican majority in Congress and sent to the president for signature.

Make Barack Obama act within the confines of the Constitution and as President of the United States and not some twisted, arrogant, and dangerously self-important version that has him playing King of the World.

-DWU

Posted byulsterman
November 20, 2014
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34