Author Topic: Republican leaders hope to contain outrage in the ranks over Obama immigration moves....By Robert Costa  (Read 8456 times)

Offline aligncare

Don't want to throw cold water here but, the immigration system is not broken. In fact, it works just fine. Thousands of people legally become citizens every day. The problem is, obviously, illegal immigration. That doesn't need immigration reform – that requires enforcement and politicians who won't use illegal immigration as a wedge issue for political purposes.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Don't want to throw cold water here but, the immigration system is not broken. In fact, it works just fine. Thousands of people legally become citizens every day. The problem is, obviously, illegal immigration. That doesn't need immigration reform – that requires enforcement and politicians who won't use illegal immigration as a wedge issue for political purposes.

ABSOLUTELY right!

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

POST OF THE DAY!

Enforce the laws already on the books - damnit!!!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Now Senator elect from the state of Arkansas.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:30:16 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This exercise is to permanently alienate Hispanics from the Republican Party. In part it will be done, by eliciting some crazy-nearly racist verbal outburst, from a conservative or two or three.

Volunteers please step forward. The press would like to record your statements.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

Sorry to throw cold water on this but "politicians who won't use illegal immigration as a wedge issue for political purposes" is as impossible as a Bengal Tiger becoming a Vegan.  Politicians are largely sociopaths with an extremely inflated sense of self and an affinity for any easy solution to their top priority...which is feathering their personal nest.  You better look for solutions that do not require any level of altruistic behavior from people that have no capacity for it.  Or better yet, a solution that does not involve politicians at all.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

True.

The problem is not the "immigration system", but rather the 11 million people here illegally.

We're not going to round them up and deport them, and they're not leaving voluntarily.

And oh!

Senator elect Colton is half right, but the half where he's wrong is the crux of the matter.

I toured our produce suppliers out in California's Salinas Valley last year, and I saw who was working those fields.

If those workers leave, you can drive a bus up and down most inner city neighborhoods in the US all day every day offering jobs to the unemployed replacing the lost workers, and you'll get no takers.

American citizens living off the government teat create the void that these illegal aliens step into, so what Colton is missing in his "solution" is a plan to get Americans off the dole and on to those fields.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
This exercise is to permanently alienate Hispanics from the Republican Party. In part it will be done, by eliciting some crazy-nearly racist verbal outburst, from a conservative or two or three.

Volunteers please step forward. The press would like to record your statements.

Just send a bullhorn to Tom Tancredo's house.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

Obama plays conservatives like Nero played his fiddle.

Let him have his "amnesty", then walk into Congress in January and let the American people know that the Congress they elected is in session and ready to work for the American people, and not for the people here illegally, and that they're certainly NOT there to abide by Obama's mandates.

Tell black Americans that this Congress will work to try and better the lives of the millions of jobless blacks in the country, and not to legitimize competition for those jobs for political gain. Remind them that Treyvon Martin and Michael Brown and thousands of young black men and women died during the Obama Presidency, and he did nothing. 

In fact, remind the 92% of unemployed Black youngsters in Chicago as well as all the unemployed Blacks in the US, that the Senator they helped elect to the highest office in the land riding on the back of a promise for "change" and better days ahead TWICE, spent more political capital and worked harder in a week to secure jobs for illegal aliens, than he has worked at bettering their lives in six years.

DO NOT LET BARACK OBAMA SET THE AGENDA FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS.

The GOP needs to assert the power of Congress and keep Obama on the ropes.

Pass legislation that creates jobs, cut taxes, increases energy independence and cuts down the debt, then shove it in Obama's face and dare him to veto anything.

Very good, Luis.

I would add one other thing, however. In order to indicate to Obama the seriousness of what he's done with his decree, Boehner should refrain from inviting him to deliver the State of the Union to a joint session of Congress.  It's not a requirement anyway, and he deserves a good slap in the face in a very harmless way.

If he's going to act like a king, a king has no place in the well of the People's House.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

I toured our produce suppliers out in California's Salinas Valley last year, and I saw who was working those fields.

If those workers leave, you can drive a bus up and down most inner city neighborhoods in the US all day every day offering jobs to the unemployed replacing the lost workers, and you'll get no takers.

American citizens living off the government teat create the void that these illegal aliens step into, so what Colton is missing in his "solution" is a plan to get Americans off the dole and on to those fields.

They don't even have to be on the government teat...try to get young American citizens from families here for more than one generation to work at manual labor and you will get no takers, they'd rather take on an easy 100k in debt to play around in college.  Problem is the need for manual labor, hard manual labor, will always to exist...even if a society maintains the TV-aided delusion that it has advanced beyond it.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Very good, Luis.

I would add one other thing, however. In order to indicate to Obama the seriousness of what he's done with his decree, Boehner should refrain from inviting him to deliver the State of the Union to a joint session of Congress.  It's not a requirement anyway, and he deserves a good slap in the face in a very harmless way.

If he's going to act like a king, a king has no place in the well of the People's House.

Yes, that would be appropriate.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We're not going to round them up and deport them, and they're not leaving voluntarily.

Then they should NEVER become citizens! EVER!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Then they should NEVER become citizens! EVER!

That is amnesty.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Just send a bullhorn to Tom Tancredo's house.
One need look no further than the frequent use of terms like "Juan" McCain and "Jorge" Bush, by so called patriots and conservatives, on their favorite forums.

To the so called conservative, it is funny. But to at least some Hispanics, it is taken as an insult.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

Lots of CAFOs around here.  U.S. citizens used to do the dirty-work of barn-washing.

Hispanic w/ connections to illegal workers came in, underbid the U.S. citizen businesses and now the illegals do all the work.

That business about U.S. citizens not being willing to do the dirty-work is just B.S. ...

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:55:36 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Lots of CAFOs around here.  U.S. citizens used to do the dirty-work of barn-washing.

Hispanic w/ connections to illegal workers came in, underbid the U.S. citizen businesses and now the illegals do all the work.

That business about U.S. citizens not being willing to do the dirty-work is just B.S. ...

When was the last time you tried hiring a dishwasher?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
That's EXACTLY right! NO Amnesty! EVER!

Obama is not deporting them and not giving them citizenship, but we're calling that amnesty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
When was the last time you tried hiring a dishwasher?

Why would anyone want to wash dishes for a living when they can sit at home an get a check from Uncle Sugar  for doing nothing?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

When one creates a Third World atmosphere, one risks Third World solutions.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Obama made a speech last night but other than that he hasn't actually DONE anything yet.

When he actually does something, and we have had the chance to see what that is, we will talk some more Luis.

But I will not budge from the following;

We as a nation must make it clear to everyone in the world who would like to become a US Citizen that there is only one way to do that! Get in line and follow the law to the letter!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:25:45 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Obama made a speech last night but other than that he hasn't actually DONE anything yet.

When he actually does something, and we have had the chance to see what that is, we will talk some more Luis.

But I will not budge from the following;

We as a nation must make it clear to everyone in the world who would like to become a US Citizen that there is only one way to do that! Get in line and follow the law to the letter!

YOU won't budge?

How's that working out for so far?