Author Topic: Millionaire CEO, 72, and his wife, 69, who died after mysterious house fire 'had both been stabbed multiple times'  (Read 645 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2840926/Millionaire-CEO-72-wife-69-died-mysterious-house-fire-stabbed-multiple-times.html

John Sheridan, CEO of Cooper Health System and friend of NJ Governor Chris Christie, and his wife Joyce died after a fire at their home in September
    It has now emerged that they had both been stabbed repeatedly
    Authorities, who have been tight-lipped about the investigation, previously said that it appeared that fire was 'intentionally set'
    But they have made no arrests and have not released a motive; they have also said they do not suspect the couple's four sons
    The wealthy couple did not leave behind a will

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That's strange that they didn't leave a will.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

That's strange that they didn't leave a will.
I thought that as well. At that age and that much wealth you would think a lawyer at some point would have advised them to do so.

Offline alicewonders

I thought that as well. At that age and that much wealth you would think a lawyer at some point would have advised them to do so.

Stabbing someone multiple times is a crime of passion - someone close to the victim.  The fire was meant to destroy the killer's DNA.  (I watch a lot of forensics shows.)

Offline flowers

Stabbing someone multiple times is a crime of passion - someone close to the victim.  The fire was meant to destroy the killer's DNA.  (I watch a lot of forensics shows.)
I wonder  if they are looking at one of the kids?

Offline olde north church

A lot of LEO types still think this way.  Maybe 50 years ago but I don't think so anymore.  Not with the drugs that are available today.  Time to recalibrate stuff.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:21:38 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
alicewonders wrote above:
[[ That's strange that they didn't leave a will. ]]

Might it be possible that there -was- a will, and that it could have been removed from the home before it was set afire?

(Aside: I would think, however, that this couple would have been wise enough to have left the will in their lawyer's office safe -- even a dumb guy like me knows to do that!)

Offline alicewonders

A lot of LEO types still think this way.  Maybe 50 years ago but I don't think so anymore.  Not with the drugs that are available today.  Time to recalibrate stuff.

I have to disagree on that ONC.  From what I've seen of random drug crimes - they are get in/get out quick type crimes.  They will commit violence, but it is just to get away.  To stab someone multiple times and then take the time to set the house on fire - it is most likely someone that was known to the victims. 

I find it hard to believe that wealthy people left no will - but most wills are witnessed and notarized, so maybe there wasn't one.  That in itself is strange.

Oceander

Some people simply don't have wills, even those with money.  Why do you think probate law can be so interesting?  Nothing like a good battle royale over an intestate decedent.

At any rate, the four sons most likely inherit in equal shares under the intestacy laws.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If it turns out to be an Occupier, you can bet the media won't report it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024