Author Topic: 10 Maps That Explain the Next Election What pollsters will be watching for in 2016.  (Read 875 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/11/10-maps-that-explain-the-next-election-113002.html?hp=t1_r#.VGynm8l5Wdw

10 Maps That Explain the Next Election

What pollsters will be watching for in 2016.

By WILLIAM H. FREY

November 18, 2014

The recent midterm election could be read as the belly-flop conclusion of the Obama era: What was thought to be a transformative period in American politics—a brief spark of minority- and youth-driven enthusiasm that created the promise of a post-racial America—did not, it appears, carry through to 2014.

But that interpretation would not be entirely correct. The energy that propelled Obama to the presidency lingers in at least one important respect: An increasingly muscular minority political base is here to stay. And that’s just the beginning.

For someone like me who has dedicated to my life to studying changing demographics, there’s no bigger event than the once-a-decade census. And it’s clear that the biggest story to come out of the 2010 census actually happened the following year: In 2011, more minority babies were born in the United States than white babies. Since 2000, the nation’s population of young whites has been on the decline. All of the growth in the nation’s under-18 population has been attributable to new minorities—namely Hispanics, Asians and multiracial Americans. Just as the Baby Boom upended the second half of the 20th century, the ascendancy of racial minorities will be the signature demographic trend of the 21st. And the coming explosion will have radical implications for American politics.

Demagogues of the past once fanned fears of a “minority white” nation, but it’s clear that politicians entering the 2016 landscape will have to contend with—and celebrate—an electorate that looks more different than it looks the same. It’s a shift that will upend many of the politics and alliances we’ve come to expect.

So just how different will America look in the years to come? And who will be voting in 2016, 2018, and 2020?

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/11/10-maps-that-explain-the-next-election-113002.html#ixzz3JWZnCmJ3

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:24:15 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You know what else is causing this? Interracial births.

Note where the jump in people of two or more races occurs: age 35. That was about 10 years after Loving v. Virginia, the case that struck down miscegenation laws. Now miscegenation is rampant. No longer are white mothers bound to marrying white men and having white children.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You know what else is causing this? Interracial births.

Note where the jump in people of two or more races occurs: age 35. That was about 10 years after Loving v. Virginia, the case that struck down miscegenation laws. Now miscegenation is rampant. No longer are white mothers bound to marrying white men and having white children.

It's all about race, huh?  I wonder sometimes if we're any better than the Rats in this regard.  I'll bet trigger's remarks will be most enlightening, assuming he finds this thread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It's all about race, huh?  I wonder sometimes if we're any better than the Rats in this regard.  I'll bet trigger's remarks will be most enlightening, assuming he finds this thread.
I'm not making a judgment, either way. I'm just saying that it's not just immigrant births driving demographic trends here as the original article implies. Miscegenation (for lack of a better word) is playing a big role in the decline of the white demographic.

In fact, that has very little to do with politics. I haven't seen ANY research done on the voting patterns of multiracial voters, compared to what we know about the "pure" (if you will) races. This article is one of many extrapolating the decline of white-dominant America (and, by extension, because most of the other races vote Democrat, the death of the GOP and conservatism as we know it). Yet if multiracial families are making up part of the demography that contributes to that, it's entirely possible that the sons and daughters of conservatives may carry on the values and traditions of their parents—EITHER WAY. In other words, it may be way too soon to toll the bell for the death of the "white vote" as this article and others imply.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not making a judgment, either way. I'm just saying that it's not just immigrant births driving demographic trends here as the original article implies. Miscegenation (for lack of a better word) is playing a big role in the decline of the white demographic.

In fact, that has very little to do with politics. I haven't seen ANY research done on the voting patterns of multiracial voters, compared to what we know about the "pure" (if you will) races. This article is one of many extrapolating the decline of white-dominant America (and, by extension, because most of the other races vote Democrat, the death of the GOP and conservatism as we know it). Yet if multiracial families are making up part of the demography that contributes to that, it's entirely possible that the sons and daughters of conservatives may carry on the values and traditions of their parents—EITHER WAY. In other words, it may be way too soon to toll the bell for the death of the "white vote" as this article and others imply.

I hear ya, and I hope I didn't give the impression that I was judging you.  Sometimes I think life would be easier if we had mixed the races up a long time ago.  The fact that we are now is the greatest testament to the fact that whites are leaving the bad old days behind.  But, it's like the "Coexist" bumper sticker I keep seeing.  The cross and six-pointed star get along great, it's the crescent and star that doesn't want to coexist.  "Hey, I'm doing it!  Tell that other jerk that keeps killing the rest of us!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: