Author Topic: Trump flirts with '16 run for White House  (Read 687 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump flirts with '16 run for White House
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/224351-trump-flirts-with-16-run-for-white-house

November 17, 2014, 09:31 am
Trump flirts with '16 run for White House
By David McCabe

Donald Trump said Monday he might be open to running for president in 2016.

“I may surprise you,” he told the hosts of “Fox and Friends” when asked if he was considering a run.

He noted that after he completes the next edition of his reality show The Apprentice, “I’m allowed to do what I want.”
In the past, he has said that the show would make a presidential run difficult. Since it would fall under the equal-time rule, NBC would be required to provide equal time to opposing candidates who wanted it as long as the show remained on the air.

Trump suggested he might not be able to continue appearing on the Fox News show every Monday. Fox traditionally cancels the contract of contributors who are considering running for political office.

The real estate mogul previously told Boston.com that he would consider whether to run for president in 2016 after the midterm elections.

Trump repeatedly flirted with the idea of challenging President Obama for the White House ahead of the 2012 election and attacked the president over whether his birth certificate showed that he was born in the United States.

At the 2011 White House Correspondents' Association dinner, Obama mocked Trump, arguing that his decision to fire actor Gary Busey from “The Apprentice” instead of the rock star Meat Loaf highlighted the kind of decisions that keeps a president up late.

Trump has long made a habit of stoking speculation about his political ambitions. In 1987, he made a trip to New Hampshire at the behest of an activist leading a “Draft Trump” campaign. He then said he was considering running for the White House as a third-party candidate in the 2000 election.

In all of those cases, Trump didn’t take the plunge — leading many to believe that he is simply using the political exposure to get publicity for his various projects.

He has bristled at that criticism. When a BuzzFeed News reporter concluded in a profile in February that Trump's political ambitions were a “charade,” Trump tweeted that he was “true garbage with no credibility.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trump flirts with '16 run for White House
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:08:48 pm »

“There he goes again.”
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:08:41 pm »
Oh, please!  Say it isn't true! :drunk:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
At the 2011 White House Correspondents' Association dinner, Obama mocked Trump, arguing that his decision to fire actor Gary Busey from “The Apprentice” instead of the rock star Meat Loaf highlighted the kind of decisions that keeps a president up late.
Well, yeah. It's not as tough as choosing between the 9-iron or PW when you have a 100-yard uphill pitch against the wind. Duh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:15 pm »
“I may surprise you,” he told the hosts of “Fox and Friends” when asked if he was considering a run.

He "flirts" with the idea every four years when a reporter puts a microphone up to him.  The surprise would be "No, and stop asking."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 08:41:20 pm »
I see it must be another season of Celebrity Apprentice coming soon. The only time he does this is when that show comes on TV,

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 08:58:30 pm »
I see it must be another season of Celebrity Apprentice coming soon. The only time he does this is when that show comes on TV,

Good observation.  It means a year from now he'll be "puzzling" over the same thing.  For the cameras.  Heavy sigh, we lived in a truly dumbe-down society.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 09:07:38 pm »
Good observation.  It means a year from now he'll be "puzzling" over the same thing.  For the cameras.  Heavy sigh, we lived in a truly dumbe-down society.
I think the new one starts in January. It has Johny Damon and Geraldo Rivera in it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 09:58:47 pm »
I think the new one starts in January. It has Johny Damon and Geraldo Rivera in it.

I can't even say "dumbed down" without messing it up...DUH!!
I will NOT comply.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 10:16:24 pm »
Indeed. This is becoming ritual for him.

First it was President in '12, then Governor in '14, and now President again in '16. This is all a publicity stunt. Then, when NBC confirms Celebrity Apprentice is going to air (equal-time laws would pretty much prohibit Trump from holding a regular series, hence—allegedly—why Fred Thompson waited so long in '08, because his run on Law & Order wasn't up yet), he declines.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »
Indeed. This is becoming ritual for him.

First it was President in '12, then Governor in '14, and now President again in '16. This is all a publicity stunt. Then, when NBC confirms Celebrity Apprentice is going to air (equal-time laws would pretty much prohibit Trump from holding a regular series, hence—allegedly—why Fred Thompson waited so long in '08, because his run on Law & Order wasn't up yet), he declines.

It's true that's why Thompson was late in the race.  He didn't want to screw over all the people who worked with him, because they would have all felt the financial pain if the show had to be cancelled because of his run.  I thought at the time, what's the point, Fred?  I agree with him about a lot, but I couldn't see him winning anything.
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 12:25:46 am »
I don't know what it is. But really, the two words Trump and flirts, makes me feel uncomfortable.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 12:29:00 am »
I don't know what it is. But really, the two words Trump and flirts, makes me feel uncomfortable.

Well played, sir.  Well played.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 12:39:37 am »
It's true that's why Thompson was late in the race.  He didn't want to screw over all the people who worked with him, because they would have all felt the financial pain if the show had to be cancelled because of his run.  I thought at the time, what's the point, Fred?  I agree with him about a lot, but I couldn't see him winning anything.

He helped his friend John McCain..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 01:23:38 am »

He helped his friend John McCain..

So did Huckabee.
I will NOT comply.