Author Topic: Oregon immigration vote is a warning for Obama  (Read 656 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Oregon immigration vote is a warning for Obama
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:55:55 pm »
Oregon immigration vote is a warning for Obama
By JONATHAN J. COOPER and NICHOLAS RICCARD

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The fate of a little-noticed ballot measure in strongly Democratic Oregon serves as a warning to President Barack Obama and his party about the political perils of immigration policy

Even as Oregon voters were legalizing recreational marijuana and expanding Democratic majorities in state government, they decided by a margin of 66-34 to cancel a new state law that would have provided driver's licenses to people who are in the United States illegally

more at:  http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-immigration-vote-warning-obama-132923803.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Oregon immigration vote is a warning for Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:58:22 pm »
He won't get the message! You can count on it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 03:00:34 pm »
He won't get the message! You can count on it!

Wondering how many democrats crossed over during the mid-terms on the 4th...because of his planned amnesty EO.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 03:02:32 pm »
Wondering how many democrats crossed over during the mid-terms on the 4th...because of his planned amnesty EO.   :shrug:

Exit polls might show that but I have not seen that data to this point. Probably will take some time to quantify that one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien