Author Topic: Mark Levin on Gruber, Obamacare Lies: 'This is What Sparks Rebellions'  (Read 3744 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Mark Levin on Gruber, Obamacare Lies: 'This is What Sparks Rebellions'
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 01:17:50 am »
Oh, so now you're telling the truth?  Or was it when he wasn't fit to sleep with pigs?

Excuse me?

To exactly what are you referring, ONC?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 01:32:27 am »
Levin made no secret of what he thought of Romney. But, that's the purpose of a primary. To support your guy and argue against the others.

Believe me, I was a big supporter of Romney and I thought he could beat Obama because of his experience as governor and his success at Bain and the way he expertly salvaged the winter Olympics.

During that time I was frustrated with Mark, too, and I often turned his show off when he went on one of his tirades against Romney.

But, he also made it clear that if Romney was the nominee that he would support him.

Respectfully disagree.  Levin destroyed Romney during the primaries.  And his "support" during the general election was weak and always included his *sigh* that this was our choice.   There was no enthusiasm, no rallying of the troops,  no asking people to get out there and vote.

I remember driving home on election night.  The polls in Virginia were still open for another two hours.  I turned his show on expecting to hear a clarion call to get out there and vote for Romney because our nation's future depended on it.  Mark did nothing even close to that. 

Mark lost sight of the forest from the trees and did nothing to help us oust Obama.

That's unforgivable in my book and makes all his preaching about Obama's evils a little too hard to take.  I no longer have any use for Mark Levin.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 01:48:21 am »
Excuse me?

To exactly what are you referring, ONC?

Not directed at you, referring to Levin and Romney.  Tearing the guy down through the whole primary and then do a turn on the dime to support him.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 03:16:47 am »
olde north wrote above (and and asks a pertinent question):
[[ Get the people moving and maintain the motion.
Look at Beck with his 9/12 March.  People came.  Crowds were addressed.  Then what? ]]

They came empty-handed.

See "the Battle of Athens", 1946:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
and
youtube.com/watch?v=4-mYP25kC2Y

What made the difference?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 03:27:53 am »
Respectfully disagree.  Levin destroyed Romney during the primaries.  And his "support" during the general election was weak and always included his *sigh* that this was our choice.   There was no enthusiasm, no rallying of the troops,  no asking people to get out there and vote.

I remember driving home on election night.  The polls in Virginia were still open for another two hours.  I turned his show on expecting to hear a clarion call to get out there and vote for Romney because our nation's future depended on it.  Mark did nothing even close to that. 

Mark lost sight of the forest from the trees and did nothing to help us oust Obama.

That's unforgivable in my book and makes all his preaching about Obama's evils a little too hard to take.  I no longer have any use for Mark Levin.

That is your choice. But, Mark's impact on the conservative cause cannot be denied. He has a large following and he's influential — even among individual members of state legislatures. And if not for his influence, I doubt the article V convention of the states movement would ever have gotten as far as it has. Recently Michigan became the 34th state to call for a constitutional convention, and it's possible they have tipped the two thirds majority of states needed to make the convention call. Rep. Duncan Hunter recently asked Boehner for clarification as to where the state count stands.

There's no doubt he brings passion to issues. His books are well researched and written. They are important and scholarly works. He educates and informs his audience. There aren't many talkshow hosts that can lay claim to that.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2014, 03:38:46 am »
This past week...my paranoia clicked in again.

Was thinking WHY suddenly these Jonathon Gruber videos are coming forth at THIS particular time.

It could be timing coincidence, the guy who found the first video just happened to find it this week. That set off a firestorm of people looking.

IF there is a purpose behind the release, maybe it is the expected SCOTUS decision and collapse of the ACA. The administration can claim they were also defrauded by Gruber as well and he poisoned the bill. They'll later make him out to be a right wing plant to hurt America.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 12:52:43 pm »
I mean no disrespect to Briefing Room with the following comment:

Could you imagine the power (apologies, not correct word) if this had occurred when TOS was at the top of it's game?  Not what the owner crowed about but what the members of the forum were able to do?
That is why it's always important to stay three steps (minimum) ahead of the game?  Drudge, isn't what he used to be.  Fox became a joke to the masses.  Always be a moving target.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2014, 01:18:16 pm »
Was thinking WHY suddenly these Jonathon Gruber videos are coming forth at THIS particular time.
My suspicion is that people knew these videos existed the whole time but were withholding them in the hopes that it might mitigate midterm damage. Of course, once the midterms passed, and that idea failed miserably, there was no further reason to withhold them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2014, 01:24:14 pm »
I hope you all realize that should Obamacare be repealed by the Supreme Court's ruling, that the national economy will explode.

Goodbye 30 hour work weeks....good bye unemployment.  Hello, "Good-time Charlie!"

And as long as our treasonous mainstream media stay true-to-form, Obama will be able to take credit for it all
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald