Author Topic: Valerie Jarrett brushes off recent criticism, cites Lilly Ledbetter  (Read 375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/valerie-jarrett-lilly-ledbetter-112827.html?hp=l2_4

Valerie Jarrett brushes off recent criticism, cites Lilly Ledbetter

By Kendall Breitman

11/12/14 3:32 PM EST

Updated 11/12/14 4:21 PM EST

Valerie Jarrett defended herself Wednesday against recent criticism, saying it’s nothing compared to Lilly Ledbetter and the sacrifices of other women who fought for equality.

“When you break glass ceilings, you’re going to get minor scrapes by a shard or two from the glass,” Jarrett, a senior adviser to President Barack Obama, said on MSNBC’s “The Reid Report.” “But what I really focus on is the hard work that we have in the these last two years.”

After the midterm elections that resulted in a strengthened Republican party, Jarrett has faced critical and probing coverage in the press. A piece in POLITICO called for Jarrett’s firing, while another in the New Republic labeled her “The Obama Whisperer.” The reports have drawn criticism from MSNBC’s Mike Brzezinski, who called the coverage “sexist.”

(Also on POLITICO: Watchdog: Ex-Rep. Alan Mollohan should be indicted)

Jarrett, one of the Obamas closest friends, said the attacks make her think of “women’s suffrage and the sacrifices women had to make back then when they went on fastings to try to get attention” and she added, “Lilly Ledbetter and everything she went through to fight for equal pay.”

“So if I take a bump or bruise along the way, that’s nothing compared to the sacrifices that the women whose shoulders I stand upon made along the way,” she said on MSNBC.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Valerie Jarrett brushes off recent criticism, cites Lilly Ledbetter
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 09:59:58 pm »
There are few things more predictable than the spectacle of a powerful person born to wealth, privilege and fame trying in vain to make common cause with the poor and downtrodden.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:53:44 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Valerie Jarrett brushes off recent criticism, cites Lilly Ledbetter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 11:19:58 pm »
“So if I take a bump or bruise along the way, that’s nothing compared to the sacrifices that the women whose shoulders I stand upon made along the way,” she said on MSNBC.

If she thinks this is the problem Americans have with her she's delusional or a liar.  I'm going with liar.