Author Topic: Harry Reid: ‘No Desire to Engage’ in ‘Strategy of Obstruction’ as Minority Leader  (Read 464 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Harry Reid: ‘No Desire to Engage’ in ‘Strategy of Obstruction’ as Minority Leader
By  Brendan Bordelon
November 12, 2014 4:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOcFKokBiyU

In his return to the Senate floor following last week’s disastrous Democratic showing in the midterms, incoming minority leader Harry Reid promised he has “no desire to engage” in the “strategy of obstruction” he’s long accused his Republican colleagues of pursuing.

“I’ve always believed it wise to follow Will Roger’s admonition: Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today,” he began. Reid congratulated incoming majority leader Mitch McConnell. “He knows I hold him in the highest regard,” the Nevada Democrat said. “I’m ready, Mr. President, to work with him in good faith to make this institution function again for the American people.”

“I saw firsthand how a strategy of obstruction was debilitating to our system,” he continued, criticizing what he saw as McConnell’s deliberate attempts at gridlock. “I have no desire to engage in that manner.”

“Regardless of how you may interpret last week’s election results, it’s clear that the American people want us to join together to get things done for the middle class and all Americans,” Reid concluded. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

“Regardless of how you may interpret last week’s election results, it’s clear that the American people want us to join together to get things done for the middle class and all Americans,” Reid concluded.

This mantra is repeated when the GOP wins, it is repeated when the GOP loses.

It's nothing more than a liberal tactic to shift the politics leftward, regardless of the outcome.

It works... just watch...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan