Author Topic: Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama  (Read 12352 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2014, 03:40:31 pm »
Bush would have won by a lot, and would have had real coattails had the Republicans not failed in the impeachment of Clinton.

There is a huge gulf of a difference between lying under oath about extra-marital sex and subversive intent to destroy the American system of government...and the overall welfare of the people.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2014, 03:49:29 pm »
Have made myself clear on which position I hold regarding Impeachment.

The strategy of the new Congress is going to be to pass bills that were log jammed at Harry Reid's desk...to force Obama to veto them..publicly proving that Obama is a lawless out of control president.

So too, should that strategy be extended with regard to impeachment proceedings.  Let's see which Democrats put party before the Republic and the Constitution.

My point is that GWB won in 2000.  Not Gore....who supposedly should have ridden to victory on Clinton's high approval coattails.

Fact is, Clinton's high approval ratings didn't extend to his own VP.  The country rejected a 'Clinton 3rd term'

And as long as there is no 3rd party candidate in 2016, the Republicans will win.

Impeach the man.  Don't shirk your duty.  Favorable ratings be damned.

It is very hard for me to argue with you DC because, as everyone here knows, it wasn't all that long ago that I was on your side of the argument.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2014, 03:53:19 pm »
The impeachment was very poorly done, as if the Republicans were trying to throw it.  I wanted to see it be over the Chinese influence buying in 1996, but for some reason Starr chose the Monica Lewinski fiasco. That was stupid.  Selling out to the Chinese for campaign cash was a far worse crime, and now it's forever buried.

Is there some reason to expect the Pubbies to be more intelligent this time around?  I don't have very high hopes.  Ruling by decree doesn't have the cache it used to.  The Senate Democrats are even worse than the crop we had in '99.  There is no way we'll get a conviction, no matter how appalling Obama's behavior gets.  There are too many people who don't understand the government is there to keep peoples' hands out of other peoples' pockets, they think it's there to do the looting for them.  They'll never throw out a President who is helping them, no matter what he does.

I will repeat, not that it will change any minds:  If we impeach him and fail again, we'll be harmed, even more than last time.  And make no mistake, that harmed our side in '99.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2014, 03:57:02 pm »
It is very hard for me to argue with you DC because, as everyone here knows, it wasn't all that long ago that I was on your side of the argument.

LOL!  So it's you...me...Myst and Andy.

We're in very good company.

Can't escape the feeling that if the Republicans put forth a good speaker that is covered by the MSM...and he/she does a Jerry Maguire-type "Who's Coming With Me?" speech, that enough Democrats will discover their love of country and vote with the GOP.

But that said....I'm just a hopeless romantic.  WTF do I know?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:14:57 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2014, 04:00:27 pm »
I will repeat, not that it will change any minds:  If we impeach him and fail again, we'll be harmed, even more than last time.  And make no mistake, that harmed our side in '99.

I will repeat, not that it will change any minds: We impeached in '98-99 and won the presidency in the '00 election...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2014, 04:08:31 pm »
I will repeat, not that it will change any minds: We impeached in '98-99 and won the presidency in the '00 election...

Exactly....and maintained a majority in both Houses until 2006...when the MSM successfully make the public "war weary".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2014, 04:57:32 pm »
OK, I'm done.  I have nothing new to add to this thread.  I gave my opinion, and it's rubbish, good day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2014, 05:08:28 pm »
OK, I'm done.  I have nothing new to add to this thread.  I gave my opinion, and it's rubbish, good day.

Your opinion is not rubbish Cyber.  It's the same opinion I had just the other day.  In fact, I waver between the two opinions.  I think we all know that impeachment is justified - we just know how the media and the Democrats are planning to spin it in the court of popular opinion.  It's a double-edged sword - what is the right thing to do - OR - what is likely to happen!

So today, I stand with the opinion that the SOB needs to be impeached!  We have already fallen into the trap that we can't criticize a black president and now we can't impeach him.  He cannot be touched by such logic - and this is the genius of picking a black community organizer for president.

He can literally get away with murder - because we are afraid.

I have to ask myself - what is the statesmen thing to do?

There has to be a way to have our cake and eat it too.  I believe that we can be the change the saves the nation - if we will start playing chess instead of checkers.  Impeach his ass - but lay the groundwork first.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2014, 05:26:50 pm »
Like I said, until we can get some Rat Senators to open their minds, impeachment will be a futile effort and it will hurt us, despite all the non-rubbish opinions to the contrary.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2014, 05:31:50 pm »
Like I said, until we can get some Rat Senators to open their minds, impeachment will be a futile effort and it will hurt us, despite all the non-rubbish opinions to the contrary.

Saying that impeaching Clintoon 'hurt us' when Bush won the presidency in '00 is where you went contrary to the facts...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:02 pm »
Saying that impeaching Clintoon 'hurt us' when Bush won the presidency in '00 is where you went contrary to the facts...

The besting thing I can say about that analysis is that it's incomplete at best.  I can just as easily argue (and did but nobody rebutted it) that Bush's win would have been much greater (not the couple of hundred votes in FL), and that he would have greatly expanded the seat count in both the Senate and House.  As it was, he got in by the skin of his teeth, despite losing the popular vote.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  It only remains to be seen if that will happen agreeably.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2014, 06:04:43 pm »
The besting thing I can say about that analysis is that it's incomplete at best.  I can just as easily argue (and did but nobody rebutted it) that Bush's win would have been much greater (not the couple of hundred votes in FL), and that he would have greatly expanded the seat count in both the Senate and House.  As it was, he got in by the skin of his teeth, despite losing the popular vote.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  It only remains to be seen if that will happen agreeably.

Just how does someone rebut the opinion that Bush's win would have been much greater were it not for impeachment?

That's why I referenced the fact that Bush was elected and not the opinion that the win would have been greater...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2014, 06:05:34 pm »

I personally do not think you can compare the Clintoon experience to now.  The Clintoon episode was, in the public mind, "all about Sex" never mind that it was about the president lying under oath.

This is about the president directly lying to the American public on multiple occasions and failure to "take care that the laws are faithfully executed". Neither will play the same!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2014, 06:19:50 pm »
Just how does someone rebut the opinion that Bush's win would have been much greater were it not for impeachment?

The same way someone can come to the conclusion the impeachment didn't hurt us because Bush won the election.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2014, 06:23:57 pm »
The same way someone can come to the conclusion the impeachment didn't hurt us because Bush won the election.

It is a fact that Bush won the election.

There are no facts that the win 'would have been greater'...

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2014, 06:25:38 pm »
LOL!  So it's you...me...Myst and Andy.

We're in very good company.

Can't escape the feeling that if the Republicans put forth a good speaker that is covered by the MSM...and he/she does a Jerry Maguire-type "Who's Coming With Me?" speech, that enough Democrats will discover their love of country and vote with the GOP.

But that said....I'm just a hopeless romantic.  WTF do I know?

As we say in New York, "I'm wich yew!" The Son of a Bitch should be impeached. It was disenheartening  to see so many posts on this thread that chose to sacrifice the Constitution, right versus wrong, and the ethical thing to do all in the name of realpolitik.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2014, 06:30:14 pm »
I personally do not think you can compare the Clintoon experience to now.  The Clintoon episode was, in the public mind, "all about Sex" never mind that it was about the president lying under oath.

This is about the president directly lying to the American public on multiple occasions and failure to "take care that the laws are faithfully executed". Neither will play the same!

Great points, Bigun, these cases are certainly not the same, Obama is far worse (except for the possible exception of "Chinagate" from the '96 election.  That was really bad, with national security implications).  The problem I see is that with the press spin machine on his side, Obama's people could easily find a way to spin this to his advantage.  Look at the stories out there now.  The LIVs believe Benghazi is a story trumped up by fox news.  They believe the spin that the IRS was just doing their job.  They've already forgotten the attacks on reporters, even though some were liberals.  They don't know about Gruber because most news outlets won't report it...in fact, if Fox reports it, all the others take that as a sign to ignore the story.  Heck, the press, who were the victims, even got over the AP reporters story!

With the press on Obama's side, there will be a spin similar to "it's just about sex," we just don't know what it is yet.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:41 pm »
It is a fact that Bush won the election.

There are no facts that the win 'would have been greater'...

Here's a fact:  Bush lost the popular vote.  Since we elect Presidents with the Electoral college it's not very relevant, but the larger question is, "Who did Clinton's impeachment hurt more, the Democrats or the Republicans?"

I think it hurt the Republicans more, and the observation that "Bush won" does not change my humble opinion.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2014, 06:34:59 pm »
As we say in New York, "I'm wich yew!" The Son of a Bitch should be impeached. It was disenheartening  to see so many posts on this thread that chose to sacrifice the Constitution, right versus wrong, and the ethical thing to do all in the name of realpolitik.

This is why I've about had it with this thread.  Go ahead, let Clyburn push you into a mistake.  Just don't expect me to come along.  Just stop calling me and other cautious people anti-Contitutionalists. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2014, 06:40:39 pm »
This is why I've about had it with this thread.  Go ahead, let Clyburn push you into a mistake.  Just don't expect me to come along.  Just stop calling me and other cautious people anti-Contitutionalists.

Let me ask you a question before you leave the thread. 

As a matter of principle alone Obama should be impeached, tried, convicted, and removed from office.  Agree or disagree.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2014, 06:41:15 pm »
Here's a fact:  Bush lost the popular vote.  Since we elect Presidents with the Electoral college it's not very relevant, but the larger question is, "Who did Clinton's impeachment hurt more, the Democrats or the Republicans?"

I think it hurt the Republicans more, and the observation that "Bush won" does not change my humble opinion.

That's right, it's not relevant.

The fact that "Bush won" gets pushed aside in favor of an opposing opinion... like most inconvenient truth...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2014, 06:44:19 pm »

You already claimed you were done in Reply #106.

Either you are or you aren't...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2014, 06:53:08 pm »
Let's get this straight...People who disagree with impeachment, which there are many are not un-constitutionalist[is that a word?]

Many pundits, politicians and members here just don't think it is prudent as they believe it will backfire..

I and a few here believe the election told us to stop Obama..stop him anyway possible...I also believe and have been shot down several times for it, that Americans maybe ripe for the idea or at least very close to it...amnesty may just set them off....jmho
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »
Let me ask you a question before you leave the thread. 

As a matter of principle alone Obama should be impeached, tried, convicted, and removed from office.  Agree or disagree.

Agree.  Should be impeached, removed from office and then tried for treason. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2014, 06:56:13 pm »
You already claimed you were done in Reply #106.

Either you are or you aren't...

Please see the post immediately following this one of yours.

Now I'm done.
I will NOT comply.