Author Topic: Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama  (Read 12276 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama
« on: November 12, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/rep-jim-clyburn-gop-impeach-obama-112789.html?hp=b1_l2

Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama

By Kendall Breitman

11/11/14 6:06 PM EST

Updated 11/11/14 6:06 PM EST

Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn is predicting that Republicans will try to impeach Barack Obama so that they can “put an asterisk” next to the name of the first black president.

“There will be some reason found to introduce an impeachment resolution,” the South Carolina congressman said Tuesday on MSNBC. “These Republicans have decided that this president must have an asterisk by his name after he leaves office, irrespective of whether or not he gets convicted. It is their plan to introduce an impeachment resolution.”

He continued, “[This whole charade] is to put an asterisk next to this first African-American president in the history of the country — to put an asterisk next to his name when the history books are written.”

Clyburn, a high-ranking member of Democratic leadership in the House, argued that Republicans are aiming for impeachment as a way to “keep the country focused on foolishness rather than on what we need to do in order to move an agenda forward.”

As far as what will spur the call to impeach, Clyburn pointed to the heated debate on immigration reform.

Obama has warned Republican leaders in Congress that if they do not act quickly on a plan to reform immigration laws, he will issue executive orders aimed at changing the system. Speaker John Boehner has said that executive actions will “poison the well” on any attempts to reform the laws.

“They know that this is an issue that the president feels very strongly about,” Clyburn said. “They believe that the president is so committed to this issue that he will, in fact, perform an executive order to get it done and that will be the peg in which they will hang an impeachment resolution.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/rep-jim-clyburn-gop-impeach-obama-112789.html#ixzz3Irm4cft9
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:02:52 pm »
That's funny, because not a single Republican in leadership has mentioned impeachment, other than to say, no, we're not going to.

Guess Clyburn is a mind-reader, eh?  He knows what those nasty ol' racist Republicans are planning.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:49:50 pm »
Half-black.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:54:03 pm »
That's funny, because not a single Republican in leadership has mentioned impeachment, other than to say, no, we're not going to.

Guess Clyburn is a mind-reader, eh?  He knows what those nasty ol' racist Republicans are planning.    **nononono*

They are literally BEGGING for this to happen because they see it as the ONLY way they can get "their people" back on the plantation!

They are right about that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 06:59:35 pm »

All Con-gress has to do is de-fund everything they don't like and let Bambi 'shut-it-down'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 07:00:51 pm »
They are literally BEGGING for this to happen because they see it as the ONLY way they can get "their people" back on the plantation!

They are right about that!

I agree completely.  They NEED Republicans to go for impeachment to turn Obama into a martyr and keep their own in line.

It ain't gonna happen.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:51:53 am »
[[ Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn is predicting that Republicans will try to impeach Barack Obama so that they can “put an asterisk” next to the name of the first black president. ]]

He needs more than an asterisk "next to his name."

He needs a prison serial number on the back of an orange uniform!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 04:21:47 am »
In my opinion Obama is a deeply disturbed and angry person. As 2016 nears it is possible that Obama/Jarrett may do something so radical, extreme, and injurious to America and our allies that something will have to be done.

I don't know about impeachment though. It would be a total waste of time. And it would boost the self made image of Democrats as 'perpetual victims' while at the same time having no real or practical effect.

Clinton was impeached, and it changed nothing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 04:32:14 am »
“There will be some reason found to introduce an impeachment resolution,”

Some reason?

Some reason?

There may actually be enough reasons to charge the man with treason if there was anyone with enough balls to do so.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:33:13 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 05:20:52 am »
Some reason?

Some reason?

There may actually be enough reasons to charge the man with treason if there was anyone with enough balls to do so.

:word:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 06:07:51 am »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Some reason?
Some reason?
There may actually be enough reasons to charge the man with treason if there was anyone with enough balls to do so. ]]

Gosh, Luis.

You mean... you mean.... that you actually kinda agree with the "i-word" posts I've been making?
(even though no one else seems to... sigh)

(And you're right on about the "t-word"!)

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 09:25:47 am »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Some reason?
Some reason?
There may actually be enough reasons to charge the man with treason if there was anyone with enough balls to do so. ]]

Gosh, Luis.

You mean... you mean.... that you actually kinda agree with the "i-word" posts I've been making?
(even though no one else seems to... sigh)

(And you're right on about the "t-word"!)

This republican congress is not about doing the right thing, it's about sticking their finger in the air and staying on the right side of the media. And this media would rather see America burn then turn on their Messiah.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »
Good!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 01:34:33 pm »

I think Clyburn is hoping to put Republicans on the defensive right from the get-go.  Even Democrats aren't sure of what Obama may do in the next two years.

But with both houses solidly in their camp, the GOP has complete power of the purse.  They don't have to shut down the government, they can defund or cut any program in the discretionary group.  Little tougher with mandatory spending programs, but it can be done.  The issue right now is getting past the upcoming vote on the CR.  If the lame duck congress approves it through September, it takes some of the new Congress' power away from the start.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 01:46:13 pm »
Impeachment?

Much rather see him have an Eternal Flame.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »
In my opinion Obama is a deeply disturbed and angry person. As 2016 nears it is possible that Obama/Jarrett may do something so radical, extreme, and injurious to America and our allies that something will have to be done.

I don't know about impeachment though. It would be a total waste of time. And it would boost the self made image of Democrats as 'perpetual victims' while at the same time having no real or practical effect.

Clinton was impeached, and it changed nothing.
The American voters put him in office...TWICE!
(end of story)
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 02:30:32 pm »
The American voters put him in office...TWICE!
(end of story)

Eh, the American voters think what their propaganda overlords tell them to think...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »
Impeachment?

Much rather see him have an Eternal Flame.   :whistle:

:nono:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »
I agree with old north church, DC. That comment is a no-no. Be better than they were to GWB. Stick to the high ground. Just my humble opinion.

rangerrebew

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 03:55:18 pm »
Why should republicans impeach him when they can use him to destroy the democratic party over the next two years using his elitism, arrogance, and opposition?  Democrats would rather see the impeachment than see republicans destroy them through Obama.  That, in my opinion is why they are talking impeachment.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:56:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 04:33:23 pm »
That's the consensus among my Republican friends, too, ranger.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 04:36:15 pm »
Why should republicans impeach him when they can use him to destroy the democratic party over the next two years using his elitism, arrogance, and opposition? 

I agree with that and if they do it properly it will work to perfection!

Democrats would rather see the impeachment than see republicans destroy them through Obama.  That, in my opinion is why they are talking impeachment.

BINGO!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:37:50 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 05:55:03 pm »
Why should republicans impeach him when they can use him to destroy the democratic party over the next two years using his elitism, arrogance, and opposition?  Democrats would rather see the impeachment than see republicans destroy them through Obama.  That, in my opinion is why they are talking impeachment.

After a lot of thought, I agree with this view.  It's not that Obama hasn't done a zillion things for which he could be impeached.

But at this stage of the game, with only two years left it wouldn't actually get him out of office, it most likely wouldn't pass the Senate, it would make Republicans look vengeful and not patriotic, nor principled, and it would turn Obama into a martyr.

That, I believe is why the Dems are pushing for it.  It would be a win for them all around if the Republicans went for impeachment.

It's a strange turn of events, I'll grant, but I think that's the way it is right now.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 06:06:37 pm »
After a lot of thought, I agree with this view.  It's not that Obama hasn't done a zillion things for which he could be impeached.

But at this stage of the game, with only two years left it wouldn't actually get him out of office, it most likely wouldn't pass the Senate, it would make Republicans look vengeful and not patriotic, nor principled, and it would turn Obama into a martyr.

That, I believe is why the Dems are pushing for it.  It would be a win for them all around if the Republicans went for impeachment.

It's a strange turn of events, I'll grant, but I think that's the way it is right now.

Well said. We are smarter than the left and most of us see the barbed hook buried in the bait.

:thumbsup:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 07:34:29 pm »
I agree with that and if they do it properly it will work to perfection!

What do you think the chances of that are?

Somewhere south of zero?