Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: New Congress Is 'Most Talented' I've Seen  (Read 530 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich: New Congress Is 'Most Talented' I've Seen
« on: November 10, 2014, 09:11:58 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=606368

Newsmax
Newt Gingrich: New Congress Is 'Most Talented' I've Seen
Monday, November 10, 2014 11:14 AM

By: Melissa Clyne

President Barack Obama, the most "radical and incompetent president in American history," is going to face a very "different" and effective Republican-led Congress, according to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

"You're really running big risks if you're both incompetent and radical,” Gingrich said Monday on Newsmax TV's "America’s Forum." "He's somebody who's just in over his head. He doesn't know how to deal with Ebola, ISIS, Iraq, Putin, he doesn't know how to get the Obamacare thing to work, and he doesn't know how to fix the Veteran's Administration, just item after item.

"He's like the corporate CEO whose company is collapsing and he has no idea what to do, so he goes golfing."

Looking to 2016, Gingrich opined that Obama’s failed policies will haunt former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton if she decides to run.

"She can't get away from him," Gingrich said. "If she splits with him, the entire left is going to rebel and she'll have an opponent. If she sticks with him, the entire rest of the country is going to walk off from her.

"People will be faced with the question: do you want four more years of this or do you want a change? If you want a change, here are the Republicans," he said.

"This is the most open Republican nomination since 1940. Anybody can win. We're going to have a lot of runners, but no front runners."

There are a plethora of rising stars within the GOP, according to Gingrich, who said "this may be the most talented Republican bench that we've had in my lifetime."

"There are a lot of new, exciting faces who people are going to look at and say after this mess — and this is one of Hillary's biggest problems," Gingrich said. "Hillary Clinton is not exactly a new face. She can't convincingly say 'let me bring new ideas to Washington.'

"It's very helpful for the Republicans to have this deep bench. I see a lot of talent out there."

The GOP’s resounding wins in last week’s midterm elections are evidence of a turning point in the party, according to Gingrich, who called the results a "breakout."

"In 158 years, this will literally be the highest number of legislators," he said, noting that a record number of black voters — 26 percent — cast ballot for Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who was also endorsed by the state’s largest black newspaper.

Republicans also fared well with Hispanic and Asian-American voters, he noted.

President Obama’s takeaway should be that voters "decisively defeated his policies."

"President Obama can deny reality, which he's been doing all along. If he wants to pretend this election didn't occur, he can do that, but it will make the last two years of his presidency an absurdity."

Americans can expect the newly elected Congress, which takes office in January, to "pass bills that are bipartisan," according to Gingrich.

"When they send the Keystone pipeline to the White House, which they'll do very early, it's going to have a lot of Democrats voting for it and the president is not going to be in position to say this is a terrible Republican bill.

"This is going to be a bipartisan bill and it's going to make for a very different two years than Obama thinks."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34