Author Topic: Sharyl Attkisson and the Transparency Lie  (Read 431 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sharyl Attkisson and the Transparency Lie
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:27:57 am »
November 11, 2014
Sharyl Attkisson and the Transparency Lie
By Jack Cashill

I close my new book, You Lie!, with a list of President Barack Obama’s twenty-five most egregious deceptions. At the top of that list is the promise Obama made to the American people on his first full day in office, “Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.”

This was an extension of Obama’s campaign promise to establish the “most transparent and accountable administration in history.” Improbably, five years into his presidency, Obama was still claiming, “This is the most transparent administration in history.”

By this time, CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson knew all too well just how preposterous a lie this was. As she documents in her stunning new book, Stonewalled, there has never been a more deceptive administration, nor one more dedicated to destroying those who tell the truth. In the words of David Sanger, the veteran chief Washington correspondent of the New York Times, “This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered.”

Those of us reporting from what Obama biographer David Remnick called “the Web’s farthest lunatic orbit” anticipated this turn of events before the 2008 election. In attempting to get the word out, we were routinely discredited by the Obama camp and its media allies. Attkisson uses the word “controversialize” to describe the mechanics of this process.

I had some first-hand experience with this in the fall of 2008 when I advanced the theory that terrorist emeritus Bill Ayers helped Barack Obama with his acclaimed 1995 memoir, Dreams from My Father. In early October 2008 Rush Limbaugh discussed the theory on air. Had any major media outlet simply examined my evidence, an honest report on the same could have turned the election.

Read more: http://americanthinker.com/articles/2014/11/sharyl_attkisson_and_the_transparency_lie.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald