Author Topic: George W. Bush Offers a Subtle Dig at President Obama’s Leadership  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/11/09/video-george-w-bush-offers-a-subtle-dig-at-president-obamas-leadership/

VIDEO: George W. Bush Offers a Subtle Dig at President Obama’s Leadership

November 9, 2014 By TPNN

On Sunday, former President George W. Bush appeared on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” to talk about another former president, his father, George H.W. Bush. More specifically, George W. Bush appeared to discuss a new book he’s written entitled, “41: A Portrait of My Father.”

However, in his interview with Bob Schieffer, President Bush offered a thinly-veiled criticism of President Obama- a rarity for the often tight-lipped former president who has had little to say about the current administration.

Discussing the War in Iraq that was waged during his tenure as president, Bush painted a picture of a his foreign policy that stands in stark contrast to President Obama’s soft approach to dealing with Russia and the Middle East.

Speaking about Saddam Hussein, Bush claimed that when Hussein was captured, he revealed to an FBI agent that he didn’t believe President Bush was serious when he issued an ultimatum to the Iraqi dictator to relinquish power or else face the U.S. military.

“It’s hard for me to believe he didn’t believe me,” Bush stated. “We’d given an ultimatum to the Taliban and delivered.”

“I went in there as a result of a very changed environment because of September the 11th,” Bush said. “The danger we were concerned about was that the weapons … would be put into the hands of terrorist groups that would come and make the attacks of 9/11 pale in comparison.”

However, while the point of the interview was to promote the new book, the most newsworthy bit comes as Bush offered a bit of wisdom that could serve as a vaguely-subtle jab at the current president who many see as ineffective and timid on foreign policy matters.
“When you say something as president, you better mean it,” Bush bluntly noted. “Words mean something.”
Bush’s comments are hardly scathing but serve as a stark difference between the two presidencies of Barack Obama and George W. Bush; Obama only delivers on his tough talk when combating Republicans; the rest of the world gets to walk all over this administration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998p-NYKLS8
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: George W. Bush Offers a Subtle Dig at President Obama’s Leadership
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 01:26:52 am »
Bush’s comments are hardly scathing but serve as a stark difference between the two presidencies of Barack Obama and George W. Bush; Obama only delivers on his tough talk when combating Republicans; the rest of the world gets to walk all over this administration.

There's a simple reason for that.

President Bush's enemy was the terrorists.

Obama's enemy is us.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.