Author Topic: Public School Bans Christianity, Teaches Islam  (Read 806 times)

rangerrebew

Public School Bans Christianity, Teaches Islam
« on: November 08, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »

Public School Bans Christianity, Teaches Islam

Posted by: Nicole Sanders on November 6, 2014

The founder of Parents for Truth in Education, Julie West, explored the Williamson County, TN school’s website and found some shocking things. Common Core requirements for Social Studies being taught to a 7th grader includes the teaching of Islam. Granted we should all be well rounded and learn about different subjects but this school focuses on the teachings of Islam for at least nine weeks whereas the Roman Empire and its effects on American Law and Government are only taught for a few weeks.

This is very concerning since Christianity is banned from being taught at public schools and schools do not even reference holidays related to Christ . If they want to keep religion out of school why are they teaching about Islam?

The First Amendment is the freedom of religion and not the freedom from religion so it is not supposed to put one religion above another one.

Below is a video exposing Williamson County, Tennessee’s 7th grade curriculum and their teaching of Islam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5cn_1eGwls
Read more at http://shark-tank.com/2014/11/06/public-school-bans-christianity-teaches-islam/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:11:27 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Public School Bans Christianity, Teaches Islam
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:17:59 am »
It has nothing to do with Common Core and everything to do with politically-motivated teachers who would be teaching this nonsense no matter what standards were applied.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 01:01:16 am »
What happened to the separation of church and state?  You can talk about Americans without suggesting they are all Catholic, for example.  But you cannot separate a muslim from islam and so any talk about islam or muslims should be against the law in schools.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 02:10:49 am »
What happened to the separation of church and state?  You can talk about Americans without suggesting they are all Catholic, for example.  But you cannot separate a muslim from islam and so any talk about islam or muslims should be against the law in schools.
As a schoolchild during the 50s and 60s I do NOT recall any talk of religion, in public school. That was California, and our schools ranked at or near the top, nationally.

I learned about religion, in church and some in college, when I took a Comparative Religions elective course.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 02:29:19 am »
Truth seeker wrote above:
[[ As a schoolchild during the 50s and 60s I do NOT recall any talk of religion, in public school ]]

California -- that figures.

In the mid-fifties, we were starting our school days off in Weston, Connecticut with the Lord's Prayer (King James version) and the Pledge each morning...

File the above article under "who's winning".

It certainly ain't us!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 02:36:27 am »
Truth seeker wrote above:
[[ As a schoolchild during the 50s and 60s I do NOT recall any talk of religion, in public school ]]

California -- that figures.

In the mid-fifties, we were starting our school days off in Weston, Connecticut with the Lord's Prayer (King James version) and the Pledge each morning...

File the above article under "who's winning".

It certainly ain't us!
Uh, we did the Pledge of Allegiance. Then a few years later Californians elected Reagan to be our Governor, reelected him, then later voted for him for President.

Don't confuse California's politics now, with those of the past.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 03:30:11 am »
As a schoolchild during the 50s and 60s I do NOT recall any talk of religion, in public school. That was California, and our schools ranked at or near the top, nationally.

I learned about religion, in church and some in college, when I took a Comparative Religions elective course.

I don't remember much discussion from my school days either, and that was in the first half of the 1980s in Fairfax, VA public schools.  Funny thing is, we didn't recite the pledge of allegiance either.  I went to a British school when we lived in Mexico and the discussion of religion was wholly within the context of studying history, and was objective and disinterested.