Author Topic: Boehner: Republicans Ready to Repay Americans' Midterm Election Trust  (Read 430 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=606127

Newsmax
Boehner: Republicans Ready to Repay Americans' Midterm Election Trust
Saturday, November 8, 2014 07:16 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Republicans will honor the trust Americans showed with their votes in the Nov. 4 midterm election by focusing on jobs and the economy, as well as renewing efforts to advance proposals that the House passed but the Democrat-controlled Senate would not bring to a vote, House Speaker John Boehner said in Saturday's weekly GOP address.

"This is a time for solutions to get our economy moving again, and we are eager to get to work," the Ohio congressman said. "Your priorities will be our priorities. That's our pledge to you, the people we serve."

Republicans are "humbled" by the trust America's voters have placed in them, and "we'll honor that trust by listening to you, by making your priorities our priorities."

That will mean lawmakers will focus first on helping the nation's middle-class families who struggle to pay their bills and find well-paying jobs, Boehner said. Further, the Republican-controlled Congress will start "by debating and voting on the many jobs bills the House has acted on with bipartisan support."

Republicans, he said, will work to approve the long-awaited Keystone XL Pipeline, which will mean lower energy costs for Americans and more jobs.

In addition, he said, GOP lawmakers will work to advance the Hire More Heroes Act to encourage employers to give jobs to more veterans.

At this time of year, when Americans pause to honor their military veterans, it is time to live up to the promises that were made to them and their families, Boehner said.

"We cannot rest until our veterans have the 21st-century health care system they deserve," he said. "It is the least a grateful nation can do."

Further, he vowed that Republicans will take on Obamacare rules that "threaten the 40-hour workweek and the pay and peace of mind of so many Americans."

Such "common-sense solutions," Boehner said, offer a good starting point but were ignored by the outgoing Democratic majority in the Senate.

And by focusing on such solutions, that will "help break the logjam here in Washington, and establish a foundation of certainty and stability that both parties can build on," said Boehner.

"From there, more good ideas will follow, and with them, a chance to address some of the most pressing challenges that we face, whether it’s a broken tax code that’s driving jobs overseas, healthcare costs that continue to rise, or an education system that leaves too many of our young people unprepared for the future," the House speaker said.

"This is a time for solutions to get our economy moving again, and we’re eager to get to work."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Boehner: Republicans Ready to Repay Americans' Midterm Election Trust
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 01:47:49 pm »
None of that weepy, teary-eyed bs Boehner.  Take the game to Obama.  Relentlessly. 

Frankly, I'm not confident you have game.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:27 pm »
None of that weepy, teary-eyed bs Boehner.  Take the game to Obama.  Relentlessly. 

:amen: brother!  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 02:19:31 pm »

Yep, the time for giddy celebration is over - now I'm waiting to see if the GOP can pull it off.  Not holding my breath, but praying really hard that they will!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!