Author Topic: The NAACP Gave an ‘F’ to the First Southern Black Senator Elected Since Reconstruction. His Response is Lights Out.  (Read 488 times)

rangerrebew

The NAACP Gave an ‘F’ to the First Southern Black Senator Elected Since Reconstruction. His Response is Lights Out.

By Mike Miller (19 hours ago) | Editor's Choice, Elections, Politics

South Carolina Republican Tim Scott, who on Tuesday became the first elected black senator in the South since Reconstruction, has spoken out on the tactics used against him by Democrats and their supporters during the campaign.

During an interview on Wednesday with Fox News host Sean Hannity, the newly-elected senator called out “the other party,” reminding them that their attacks on him failed:

“The lowest common denominator of fear and race-baiting is something that the other party has tried to do, and the voters said ‘No.’ They rejected this.'”

In 2013, Scott received an “F” from the NAACP for his voting record, which the organization compares to its own positions. He knocked the ball out of the park with this response:

“Well, let’s just ask ourselves if we look back over history when the Congress was controlled by the Democrats for 40 consecutive years. If we look at the result of that control what has happened in black America?

We saw greater poverty. If we take the statistics from 1970s to the 21st century, what we see very clearly is that poverty’s gone from 11 percent to 15 percent. These are classic examples that the policies of the left have not worked.

“I will tell you that if I have an F on the NAACP’s scorecard, it’s because I believe that progress has to be made, and the government is not the answer for progress.”

Tim Scott chooses not to focus on the attacks against him, or on being told “you’re just being black enough,” as he says has happened countless times. Instead, this potential star of the Republican Party not only looks to the future, but also recognizes the racial progress his state and others have made over the decades:

“South Carolina voters vote their values and their issues — and not my complexion. This is a great sign for what’s happening throughout the South, but certainly a fantastic sign for the evolution that has occurred in South Carolina.”

As for the NAACP, it not only failed to comment on Scott’s historic victory, but on that of Mia Love, the first black Republican woman elected to Congress in Utah’s history, as well.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Rush observed many years ago they are really the NAALCP.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

The democrats made it plain during the Civil War they had no use for free blacks and continue to demonstrate just how prejudiced they really are.  Unfortunately for them, too many blacks STILL haven't figured out they are still slaves to the democrats.

Oceander