Author Topic: Bush: One regret about Iraq  (Read 515 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bush: One regret about Iraq
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:53:35 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=3EC1263B-BD16-4AA1-9B0C-D2356F949F24

Bush: One regret about Iraq
By: Kendall Breitman
November 7, 2014 12:42 PM EST

George W. Bush has only one regret about invading Iraq: that it paved the way for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

“I think it was the right decision [to go into Iraq],” Bush tells CBS News’ Bob Schieffer in excerpts of an interview that will air on Sunday. “My regret is that…a violent group of people have risen up again…This is ‘Al Qaeda plus’…they need to be defeated. And I hope we do…I hope the strategy works.”

Bush also told Schieffer that when he threatened to invade Iraq, Saddam Hussein did not take him seriously.

“You know, when he was captured — I was told that the FBI agent that talked to him, he said ‘I just didn’t believe Bush,” he said. “And it’s hard for me to believe he didn’t believe me.”

Bush added, “In retrospect…I don’t see how he could doubt my word.”

Bush is currently promoting “41: A Portrait of My Father,” a biography written by Bush about his father. The biography is set to be released on Nov. 11.

The two-part interview will air on CBS News’ “Sunday Morning” at 9 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 9, and will air again during “Face the Nation” at 10:30 a.m. during the show’s 60th anniversary special.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Bush: One regret about Iraq
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »
“My regret is that…a violent group of people have risen up again…

The fact that Obama yanked all the troops out of Iraq before the country was ready, thus ushering in ISIS and throwing away our troops' lives, was hardly "Bush's Fault."  Dubya should not regret that, just shows Bush is not the type to blame others to a fault.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 10:47:44 pm »
The fact that Obama yanked all the troops out of Iraq before the country was ready, thus ushering in ISIS and throwing away our troops' lives, was hardly "Bush's Fault."  Dubya should not regret that, just shows Bush is not the type to blame others to a fault.

Abandoning fully functional bases is the dumbest post-war decision we've had in my lifetime.  There was no reason not to keep operational bases near Baghdad, as well as another northwest of Baghdad. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:07:09 am »
What he really regrets is that his successor is an idiot.

But he's far too polite to say that..... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.