Author Topic: Paul Ryan Predicts Enough GOP Support for 'Constructive Immigration Reform'  (Read 585 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/06/Paul-Ryan-Predicts-There-Are-Enough-Republicans-to-Support-Constructive-Immigration-Reform

by Tony Lee 6 Nov 2014, 2:05 PM PDT

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) predicts that there will be enough support for immigration reform in a GOP-led Congress.

According to the Associated Press, "Ryan said that as long as Obama doesn't try an executive order in November or December and works with Congress," immigration legislation can be enacted.

“I believe there are enough constructive voices in both parties that can lead to constructive immigration reform," he told the outlet.

Ryan, who reportedly spent nearly every day behind the scenes trying to gather a coalition of House Republicans to support an immigration bill or a series of bills this year, will seek chairmanship of the powerful Ways and Means Committee. The Wisconsin representative has also not closed the door on a potential 2016 presidential run.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Watch the GOP piss away all of their gains by passing amnesty.

The numbers who will stay home will make all but 2 or 3 states a lock for Hillary.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Carling

I really wish the far right wouldn't take passing some piecemeal immigration legislation as being the same thing as granting full amnesty to illegals.

It comes across as very Low Info, IMO, and is not the case at all.  Just like those whining about McConnell basically saying he'll follow the Cruz approach to ObamaCare, which is to strip off the parts that are damaging. 

Cruz says it, he's some sort of political genius.
McConnell says the same thing, and he's a villain. 

I'd really like a 3rd party that strips away the highly ideological extremists on both sides of the aisle.  Both sides have destroyed any semblance of honest discourse in this country.   :patriot:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Cheap shot, but totally expected from a RINO.

Call it whatever you want, but anything with a "pathway to citizenship" for illegal aliens is amnesty.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Carling

Cheap shot, but totally expected from a RINO.

Call it whatever you want, but anything with a "pathway to citizenship" for illegal aliens is amnesty.

Reagan literally granted amnesty.  I'm against any member of the GOP doing that again, but it seems foolish to me to criticize the GOP congress for actually trying to come up with some meaningful legislation that is somewhere to the left of "ship 'em all back to Mexico," which is not at all based in reality.  If that makes me a "RINO," I'll take it as a compliment.  I live in Realsville.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline PzLdr

I'm not sure if they hear, but don't listen, or if they don't even bother to hear. But trust the GOPe brain trust to seize defeat with both hands from the still warm corpse of their victory. They make the French Army look good.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline raml

The only thing I want to see is immigration laws enforced and the borders closed anything even near amnesty and I will fight to get rid of those who support it. I don't care who wins the presidential election in 2016 if amnesty of any sort is passed because then our country is already a lost cause. It is Amnesty that will totally kill off this nation. This election was about this and other criminal acts of Obama that need to be addressed the right way or there will be no republican party and you know this is the truth.